Weapons & Equip Whistles: a new type of summon weapons

While the Bloody Tendril is great for crowd control, the Snapthorn can be used for combos and poisons enemies. If the Bloody Tendril wants to stand up to it, it needs a buff/debuff of its own.
I’ve never found Poison to make a difference. 2 damage per second would take 7 seconds to kill a Green Slime in normal mode. And Snapthorn would have more dps and range, but again it’s tiered earlier and it’s much easier to break a few shadow orbs than to grind underground jungle materials, and I was really trying to tier it between Leather Whip and Snapthorn, in the same way Dark Harvest is between Morningstar and Kaleidoscope.

I was capitalizing on Jungle's Fury, a melee/whip speed increase buff gotten from swinging the Snapthorn. Chaining it, it becomes a weapon that can hold its own against most enemies, with or without a minion.
I could give Bloody Tendril a small base damage buff then, but probably not more than that. It and Eaterhead arr tiered before Jungle like the other shadow orb/crimson heart stuff, so I wouldn’t want it to plainly outclass Snapthorn, and we certainly don’t need something even stronger with Obsidian Armor anyway.

DesertWhistle.png
DesertWhistlealt-export.png
DesertWhistlealtalt-export.png
DesertWhistlealtaltalt.png

Many. many alts of the wind whistle

the problem with Obsidian Armor is that every other armor does not buff whips, which means whips must be overtuned to be viable without obsidian armor, which means obsidian armor becomes OP
just add a new hat to spider and all other summoner armor (tiki, spooky) which just buffs whips and stuff, then heavily nerf high tier whips
i also don't like how whistles are skewed towards dmg. honestly think they should be tag-focused at the cost of dmg while whips remain the high dps melee item

Eaterhead, Honeysuckle, and Shadowflame Warwhistle.
Eaterhead.png
Honeysuckle.png
ShadowflameWhistle.png

Apologies for not getting sprites done for this in a while. I'll hopefully get more done soon.

Edit: Just finished two variants of the Buzzsaw and Forsaken Whistle.
Buzzsaw2.png
Buzzsaw.png
ForsakenWhistle.png

Edit: Here's all of the held sprites for the whistles, as well as an edit of the Eaterhead and Buzzsaw.
RustyWhistleHeld.png
StormWhistleHeld.png
EaterheadHeld.png
HoneysuckleHeld.png
SizzleHeld.png
ArcticWindHeld.png
ShadowflameWhistleHeld.png
BuzzsawHeld.png
ForsakenWhistleHeld.png
Eaterhead.png
Buzzsaw.png

Last edited: