Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
To whoever reads this I and a number of other players have been experiencing crashes upon launching the game in any way, regardless of what permissions are given, or steps taken, this has only started as the moment the game updated to 1.4 and i have absolutely no problems running the game on previous versions through Tmodloader, ive spens quite a long time trying to fix this and am currently smashing my head into a wall, if there is any tips or help you can provide i would be greatly appreciative.

I am having the same issue. It opens to a white screen then gives me the option to wait or close as it is not responding. I have waited 10 or so minutes and it never loads. reinstalled and did the redis solution. Nothing has worked.

Would either of you be able to enable error logging?

If you go to your Steam library, open Terraria's properties, and open Launch options, paste "-logerrors -logfile" into the box. The next time you launch, it should make a log in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs.

If you could post one of these logs here, we can look into it!

Would either of you be able to enable error logging?

If you go to your Steam library, open Terraria's properties, and open Launch options, paste "-logerrors -logfile" into the box. The next time you launch, it should make a log in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs.

If you could post one of these logs here, we can look into it!
I pasted this multiple times with no logs appearing in said file.

Alright . . . I'm not sure if the log is showing that it is an RGB Peripheral support related crash, or if it just happened to crash in the middle of the peripheral initialization, but if it IS the former, that is something we are looking into.

Hello Terrarians, i have the same issue, white screen, 1 sec, close and nothing more... in attached my log file created with command that you advice before, thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Log_20200522184315492.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 417
Thanks for the logs guys, as we work through the issues, the programmers will look into it!

Same issue, white screen pops up for like 3 seconds and Windows says. Terraria stopped working correctly, then i click a box that says close, no error code. Every time i tried to verify the game in steam it says, 1 file was reacquired 640 bytes. Over and over, i've tried everything i could find online with no luck, here's my log file.

Attachments

• Log_20200522122509682.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 183
I think ive found a small fix, if you can, fin if your game has been set to launch in windowed and if it is, set it to fullscreen, recently i believe the game is trying to force launch in fullscreen but the settings are stopping it from do so, do this through the terraria config file in documents

Can anyone else verify that the above works for them? It would be useful information to have in tracking this problem down.

Hello!
I was having the same issue, but managed to find the cause.
Do any of you have the NZXT CAM software running on your PC?
After trying everything to resolve errors that matched logs above, the only thing that would fix it is disabling the setting in NZXT CAM called "Game Hooking".
I Had a screenshot to share to you all but I am away from my PC at the moment.
Let me know if this helps you!

Hello!
I was having the same issue, but managed to find the cause.
Do any of you have the NZXT CAM software running on your PC?
After trying everything to resolve errors that matched logs above, the only thing that would fix it is disabling the setting in NZXT CAM called "Game Hooking".
I Had a screenshot to share to you all but I am away from my PC at the moment.
Let me know if this helps you!
This has seemed to fix my issues. Thank you.

Hey, i have a similar bug, it crashes while starting. Here is a Screenshot of the error eessage, that message only appears for like 1-10ms after the crash.

unknown.png

Already reinstalled the game, still won't start.

Trying to istall it on another drive now.
Result = nothing changed

All of this happend after the game chrashed once while i was on a Server that i bought over Nitrado.

Welp game works again after closeing iCue and deleating all my texture pack's in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks

Attachments

• client-crashlog.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 205
I don't have NZXT CAM software, or iCue, and I ended all tasks that looked like monitoring programs, still white screen on launch.

I don't have NZXT CAM software, or iCue, and I ended all tasks that looked like monitoring programs, still white screen on launch.

Hmm. I'm no programmer but I have working in IT for over a decade.
Mind you this is all speculation and I'm just here to try and help.

What I can see from your logfile, its the exact same as mine initially was.
The first flag is the missing Razer Chroma sdk. I resolved that logged error by manually fetching that DLL file 'RzChromaSDK.dll' and placing it in the install directory for Terraria. If you feel comfortable finding that online there are a few good sites for getting clean DLLs. Download at your own risk.

The odd thing about the lot of these logs in general is that they are failing to initialize those 3 peripheral lighting plugins. Not a cause for concern, as it should report them missing if they don't exist on your PC, but should NOT stop the program from running. Almost as if the real cause of the failure to launch is not related to those three apps at all and is not being logged correctly.

A shot in the dark - with my issue and our fellow terrarian above ^ the Game Hook from CAM was causing the crash - there are other things that function similarly. Not just monitoring apps, I've seen you mentioned above that you closed them all.

Maybe the Windows 10 Game Bar? Long shot, but give that a try friend. You'll find it in your Settings app under the Gaming tab.

This has seemed to fix my issues. Thank you.

Hey glad I could help. I'd been itching to get into 1.4 and it took me nearly a week to track down my issue lol.

All of this happend after the game chrashed once while i was on a Server that i bought over Nitrado.

Welp game works again after closeing iCue and deleating all my texture pack's in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks

There seems to be a pattern here. Yours is now working after a peripheral lighting plugin service was stopped.
This is good data for the devs. Not all of these crashes are stemming from the same software, but the same type of software - ones that plug in to the game to control hardware.

Want to try something for us (me, I'm curious.)?
Run iCue. Confirm that the game does not launch with it running.
If that is the case, go into the iCue settings and uncheck the box for Plugins and uncheck the box for Enable SDK.
Leave iCue running.
Check to see if the game launches correctly.

My win 10 game bar is off, and game mode is on so I turned it off no change.
Just to let you know I have so many thing disabled in win 10, and only 3 things in startup.

HD Audio Background Process.
Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Windows Security notification icon.

And If it matters I disabled all 4 X Box Services.
I'm only bringing it up because win10 needs them enabled for something's to work.
For an example trying to install phantasy star online 2, the microsoft store says things like windows update is disabled, so i enable it.
Then it gave me an error code, so I looked it up and people said to enable all 4 x box services, so i tried it and the game installed fine, sooo ya...

The only other things i have running are.
Ai Suite 2.
Nvidia Settings.
Google Chrome.
Steam.
wacom tablet service
Balabolka

Nothing else in running but windows services.

Never mind the XBox services on or off have no effect on Terraria. ;(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom