Who Actually Uses the Golden/Platinum Armour?

Do you use the The Gold/Platinum Armour at all?

• Yes

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters

HyruleOrphan

Terrarian
Does anyone actually use the gold/platinum Armour after their first/second run of the game? i ask because it's so easy to just jump from iron Armour to shadow scale Armour, and i usually skip the Silver/Tungsten and Gold/Platinum Armour.

Some playthrough I do use it. Often times overall I find it easiest to get silver/tungsten armor instead and skip to Shadow/Crimtane armor or Jungle armor if I'm going magic.

I actually use it quite a lot. I like to plow through the Pre-HM ores and get gold/platinum tier armor before taking on EoW/BoC

On my first run, I used platinum for a while because I didnt even know Shadow Scale stuff existed because I was a dumb noob haha, I thought I was the strongest person in the world.

Of course, no offense to people who use Platinum all the time, I just agree that Shadow Scale isn't too hard to get.

I never get gold or platinum simply because I can't find enough of it. I usually mine for a short amount of time until i get good enough armor to go to the corruption and smash an orb so that i can get meteorite armor.

Decoratively, I use them pretty frequently. They may not be effective from late pre-hardmode on, but there's always something classy about displaying sets of Iron, Gold, and Platinum armors in a home.

I try to use them, but usually end up with mismatched pieces of ore armour. As already said by others, it's not too hard to get to Shadow/Crimson armour. The comparative defence values are almost negligible; it's not going to make a lot of difference if you have full silver or full platinum. A good arena and potion buffs are more important that early.

Gold/Platinum picks on the other hand, are a must have.

I don't usually craft a full set, as they cost a lot of bars. However, one common approach of me is to only craft up to one to two pieces, as the setbonus is not really exciting, leave the other pieces with tungsten or silver. That way I don't lose a lot of defense but don't have to grind much.

Re-logic actually forget to reduce it's cost, while second stage pre-hardmode armor (Shadow, Crimson, Molten) become cheaper each major update. I have no idea what is their vision of balance of game

Re-logic actually forget to reduce it's cost, while second stage pre-hardmode armor (Shadow, Crimson, Molten) become cheaper each major update. I have no idea what is their vision of balance of game
?
1622668689701.png

1622668708852.png

I usually do try to get Gold Armor or Platinum Armor, because I like overpreparing for EoC, and I think Platinum Armor looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom