Switch Who do you think this game is for?

Deadonarrival09

Terrarian
I'm convinced that Terraria was made for people that drew and created Mario levels in elementary school, back in the 80's. Getting Mario Bros 3 for Christmas is the feeling Terraria equates to, 100%. Definitely my desert island game.

You're pretty close.

To be more precise:
I've always been a big fan of 2D platformers where you use the mouse to aim and shoot. As a kid, I was heavily influenced by games like Worms, Liero, and Soldat. I've always wanted to make a big RPG game in that style, but how does one guy go about designing a world large enough? Well, everyone's favorite feature of SMBX(another game I made) was the level editor, so I realized that leaving it up to the player to make their own world was the best way to go about it. Then Minecraft came along and showed me how to put it all together.

Updates are a ton of work, but they are very satisfying. I am always a nervous wreck anytime I have to click the button to make Terraria go live, but it's all worth it to see so many people play the game and to read their comments about it.
Official - Terraria's 8th Anniversary - Ask Redigit and Cenx! - If you want to read it yourself.

It wasn't made for a specific type of gamer, per-say. I was never into Mario. (To be frank I enjoy the classic P&C adventure games like Monkey Island.) But I adore Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom