Who else knows about this?

Discussion in 'Mobile General Talk' started by GoldenTerrabyte, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Doylee
Reason: OP asked for lock.
Lock date: 19:01 11-09-2015
  1. GoldenTerrabyte

GoldenTerrabyte Official Terrarian

I have recently been hearing rumors about a sword that was just recently discovered in Mobile, apparently called the Masamune, that drops from Armored Skeletons. It looks like a silver samurai sword. I've seen screenshots... Apparently though it crashes the game soon after getting it! So I'd like to know who else has heard, or if anyone has maybe even had this happen!

BossSnake likes this.
  2. Kazzymodus

Kazzymodus Lunatic Cultist

Much like the rumour that you could get a S.D.M.G. from an Extractinator, this is not true.

3. Mihn

Mihn Official Terrarian

Nah, can't find that thing in WP.

4. TheBigPie

TheBigPie Spazmatism

Huh. What's the spawn rate of the sword?

5. GoldenTerrabyte

WP?
    Nobody knows! It was just recently discovered!

6. GoldenTerrabyte

Here's the screenshot anyway:
    image.jpg
    I know the right side of the screen is cut off, that doesn't mean anything. It was posted somewhere that only accepts square images.
    Now, I think it looks real, it seems to me like a sprite that fits into Terraria. If it's fake, it's edited really well, it's not THAT easy to make a fake sprite that looks like it actually belongs in Terraria. Mobile version has many... Hidden oddities. I think it's real. I HAVE asked Codeglue about this and I'm waiting for a response.

7. RainbowDrago

RainbowDrago Spazmatism

I think it's the katana
    It might from the de bug window thing
    I messed around with that menu and got a shotgun somehow

8. GoldenTerrabyte

Isn't Katana, not 1.2, but 1.2.3? I doubt they'd do that without doing any other 1.2 things! Unless... The rest is hidden in the programming! And it wasn't accessible from the debug menu! And 1.2 is coming out in A FEW WEEKS!

9. RainbowDrago

RainbowDrago Spazmatism

REALLY ERMAHGAD ITS COMMING IN A FEW WEEKS. Errrmahhhh gaaaddd

10. theclownfish II

theclownfish II Retinazer

ive never heard of it until now and i have yet to access hardmode on mobile but i will try to find out more about this masamune

11. GoldenTerrabyte

u fel 4 it trololo :dryadnaughty:

12. RainbowDrago

RainbowDrago Spazmatism

I cri every time your such a jerk

13. theclownfish II

i knew it was fake

14. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Lunatic Cultist

I never believed it.
    the rumor loses its authenticity when its all like
    "lookit this super rare secret thing that i can't actually prove is real because it crashes the game"

KingKJC, Elk, Ascher and 1 other person like this.
  15. Gem

Gem Terrarian

was about to say mods but then i realized it was mobile..

16. GoldenTerrabyte

1.2, of course. I will continue to believe the Masamune to be real until Codeglue officially deconfirms it.

17. Gem

Gem Terrarian

He was saying 1.2 in a few weeks was fake, not the thread. He would be in trouble if he made a troll thread however.

18. theclownfish II

i edited it

19. GoldenTerrabyte

Mods have been done for Mobile actually. I have seen a Crimson mod, complete with music an everything, even though it completely replaced the Corruption, but it was not just a mere texture change.
    As for this, I WOULD believe it could be a mod if it weren't for more than one person claiming to have had this happen. But nobody on HERE has. It may have been a joke between the people saying they had it happen. If someone could maybe do me a favor and see if the sprite as shown in the screenshot can be found in the spritesheets? Someone who has the ability to do so. If it is found in there, it is pretty much confirmed. If it is nowhere in any of the spritesheets, it is deconfirmed. That sounds like a sure way to find out, right?

So good point there. Could be modded!

20. 360Chadscope

360Chadscope Pixel Pirate

I don't really see a single reason to believe this. Yknow, except for when we count 'but mobile has thur own stuff' as a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.