who likes duke fishron?

i do like fishron recently I’ve gotten better at fighting him and dodging him, I may be able to defeat him post twins, because of the rainbow rod, it really really does rock....
Duke used to be my favorite, he’s now my second favorite, empress took that spot of being my favorite.
But really I think I can only fight him post 1 mech boss because of the asphalt blocks

I started killing him post-one mech in most of my runs as well. For me, what did it was the jetpack buff and gelatinous pillion which allow you to actually move fast enough to dodge everything. Megashark with Crystal Bullets and a side weapon with Ichor is probably the optimal weapon for the fight, but Rainbow Rod, Chain Guillotine/Shadowflame Knife and Sanguine Staff work for their respective classes.

I started killing him post-one mech in most of my runs as well. For me, what did it was the jetpack buff and gelatinous pillion which allow you to actually move fast enough to dodge everything. Megashark with Crystal Bullets and a side weapon with Ichor is probably the optimal weapon for the fight, but Rainbow Rod, Chain Guillotine/Shadowflame Knife and Sanguine Staff work for their respective classes.
I’ve never beat him post 1 mech before, but now I’m thinking I may have gotten better at dodging, so yeah I wanna try to do him post 1 mech.

duke_fishron_as_a_anime_waifu_by_1coney_debtw1s-fullview.png

There's you answer

I think Duke is one of my favorite bosses just because its difficulty comes from how quickly it moves rather than just immediately killing you in one hit.

Despite this though, it operates on highly predictable cycles, so you can control the flow of the fight as long as you keep up with your surroundings and give yourself enough room to move around, so you can battle them much earlier than you'd expect to be able to and get some incredibly powerful gear that'll last you for a long time.

Fun fact: Though Duke Fishron isn't my favorite Boss in the game, he was my first ever jump-scare in Terraria. A player from another server gifted myself & some friends fishing bait & Truffle Worms; not knowing what they were for exactly, I assumed they were just endgame fishing bait & did a lot of fishing in different Biomes for several days.

Eventually, I got around to fishing in the Ocean Biome & got a nasty surprise. For a long time, I went back prepared, trying to figure out exactly what I'd done to Summon the Duke, I eventually concluded he was just a random Boss & stayed away from fishing in the Ocean Biome for a very long time. I finally defeated him about a year later, back then & declared him the scariest Boss in the game.

I like 'im though, especially his wings. May not be in my top three, but might certainly be in my top five if I ever made a list... 🤔🥤
  1. Betsy/ Old One's Army
  2. Queen Bee
  3. Queen Slime

Back
Top Bottom