WHO WINS? Phantasm, Tsunami or Vortex Beater (Post 1.3.0.4 Phantasm Nerf)

Test the DPS against a dummy, WHO WINS? Tsunami, Phantasm, or Vortex Beater

• Tsunami

• Phantasm

• Vortex Beater

Results are only viewable after voting.
How skilled of a necromancer are you? You really did a number on this thread.
A month is nothing.
Not to mention if you find a thread with the exact topic you want to talk about and it's information isn't extremely outdated, why shouldn't you just post there?

I personally didn't have a problem with the Phantasm before or after nerfs, although I think a better nerf would have been requiring more consistent shots before firing the phantom arrows, making it much less useful against multiple targets while still decimating single targets with sufficient aim.

I swear the Devs have something against the Ranger class

1. They took the Ranger's highest DPS weapon and nerfed it into the ground

2. It's the only class without a valid form of life regen. Melee gets Vampire Knives, Mage has Spectre Hood/Nebula Armor bonus, and Summoner's hands are free so they get to use Vampire Knives anyway. Meanwhile, Rangers are sitting in the dark.

3. The set bonuses for the best two Ranger armors both suck. Most players play Singleplayer, and when it's PvE you really don't want to be standing in Stealth mode. Even in PvP, this isn't that big of a bonus because your location is still relatively easy to pinpoint.

I've only scratched the surface here.
1. SDMG is right on par with the Last Prism.
2. Vampire Knives can only be obtained on Crimson worlds, and the Hood halves your damage. Life steal is overrated anyway.
3. Stealth doubles your damage for slower movement, which can be negated with the Vortex Booster. How is that useless? Ranged weapons can still outdamage even when not using stealth.

According to my test againist frost moon, the Phantasm is very powerful even after nerfing, with Vortex Armor, Luminite Arrows and good buffs and accessories, it can easy reach about 20000 point, even better than SDMG, and just a little worse than Last Prism.
For Tsunami, it's just ~1000 point worse than Phantasm(so it's just a little weak but not too much.)
As for Vortex Beater, it's much weaker, only yield about 6000 point when using Chlorophyte Bullets(using Luminite is worse as it's inacurate).
By the way, the Chlorophyte Shotbow with Luminite Arrow was surprisingly powerful and can get a similar result as Vortex Beater.

So, I think, at least againist frost moon, the Phantasm is far more powerful than Vortex Beater.

Re-Logic has always favourited the mage class... Well in my opinion anyway. 1.2? Spectre armour. 1.3? Last prism. Yrimir did a top 5 items in Terraria. #1? Lunar flare a spell time dropped by the moon lord. However I have always preferred the gunslinger class. I also know that Pedguin used Phantasm to defeat the moon lord. Anyway, the wiki recommends a Vortex Beater + Chlorophyte bullets for the moon lord and I have an Unreal modifier on it: 119 dps
[DOUBLEPOST=1444996283,1444996205][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway, even though I hate to say it, Phantasm is still a good weapon against the moon lord, and will shrek face in.

Back
Top Bottom