Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Moon Lord

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Lepus (Mobile)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Troyd2002

Terrarian
(This can include mini-bosses) After you choose in the poll, feel free to say it in the replies, so other people know yours too. There are more the poll couldn't fit, so if these are one of your favorites below, post in the replies...

Mourning Wood
EverScream
Pumpking
Ice Queen
Santa NK1
Flying Dutchman
Martian Saucer
Turkor The Ungrateful (Mobile)

It would have to be Lunatic cultist and Plantera
The cultist because I love that plague doctor look he/she has going on
And Plantera because she reminds me of the chomper from pvz

Last edited:
I have to say Pumpking, since he's kind of the point where the player character goes from fighting giant monsters to fighting beings with power beyond comprehension. It's a giant, living pumpkin who commands the forces of Halloween, and attempts to lay siege to the town, only to be defeated at the hands of a measly mortal. It kind of signifies how far the player has gone, from cowering in fear at night, to slaughtering legions of monsters in the name of progression.

You could've saved space in the poll by removing Wyvern and Paladin's as they aren't bosses, just rare mobs, though they are "hard".
While Pumpking and Martian Saucer are actually bosses, well not really sure about Saucer, but it acts like one at least.

You could've saved space in the poll by removing Wyvern and Paladin's as they aren't bosses, just rare mobs, though they are "hard".
While Pumpking and Martian Saucer are actually bosses, well not really sure about Saucer, but it acts like one at least.
The Saucer has a trophy, while normal enemies would have a banner. In the name of consistency, that means it must be a boss.

Well, the Wyvern and Paladin are mini bosses, every other is a real boss (according to the wiki) but I know some people who like Wyverns more than any, so I think those 2 should be in the poll.

Also... Pumpking all the way! :pumpking:

Lunatic Cultist, definitely. That fight is easily my favourite part about the 1.3 update, and its such a well designed fight.

From favorite to least favorite:
  1. Moon Lord: Attacks are very fun and satisfying to dodge to me, especially the "floating eyes" and the True EoC rotating lasers (when multiple ones use it at once). takes a lot of trial and error to dodge them but it's great once you get the hang of it. One of the most fun bosses I've fought this year.
  2. Lunatic Cultist: Probably the most distinct and varied attacks of any bosses in the game, my favourite ones are the Ancient Doom and icicle ball. Too bad the boss is broken on expert mode and the Ancient Light attack doesn't work right now (I've never fought him with all spells functioning correctly as I didn't reach him before the update that broke that attack on expert).
  3. Duke Fishron: Intense boss due to his speed and the firing pattern of the Sharkrons. Even the little things like his Sharknadoes dissipating from the ground up can create fun situations that made me feel like a ninja when I managed to avoid getting hit. His expert-exclusive phase is one of the best things I've seen in this game. Unfortunately his bubble attack is broken like Cultist's Ancient Light on Expert mode.
  4. Martian Saucer: The first phase isn't very threatening if you manage to lure him away from the other aliens (although the rockets attack is fun to weave through if you get cornered), however his second phase is awesome, especially when you have Shield of Cthulhu to dash through the big beam
  5. Golem: He gets screwed hard by the ultra-weapons you can find before him but he was my favourite boss before the Fishron update. I like the laser and rebounding fireball attacks.
  6. Plantera: Dodging through the streams of seeds in phase 1 is fun, and the boss takes a fair bit of strategy to beat what with the boss's firing pattern being possible to manipulate by not attacking or letting it see you, and the big boost it gets to it's agility if it manages to get all it's hooks set up in one place. Also, bouncing ball attacks are a + for any boss IMO.
  7. Skeletron: He was always my favourite of the original 3 bosses (even though he only had 3 attacks and 1.0.6 nerfed one of them into near-uselessness, although Expert Mode fixed that one), it just feels "smooth", like some kind of dance. In Expert mode though he now has a new attack which keeps it very interesting even when you destroy both the hands which would normally be a death sentence for the boss unless it's almost dawn.
  8. Brain of Cthulhu: He didn't impress me when he was originally added but I've come to like the dynamic of his first phase, second phase is real cool on Expert and the reason he's so high up on my list.
  9. Solar Pillar: It feels good to pull off some of the dodges required to avoid the charging corites without making the Crawltipede come after you.
  10. Vortex Pillar: The spitting attacks those queens have look overwhelming, but they're slow enough that you can dodge through the storm rather than having to fly around the whole thing like you often do with spammy enemies like them, this makes the boss feels very dynamic and involved to me.
  11. Queen Bee: She's got a good amount of moves that function very differently to each-other and that stinger attack is fun to weave back and forth through with Shield of Cthulhu when she speeds up (feels like something a lot of Hardmode bosses do but on a lesser scale). She was also probably the first Terraria boss to have well distinguished and easily recognizable moves.
  12. Wall of Flesh: Very intense and "scary" boss, I thought it was the coolest thing in Terraria when I first fought it but after a while I decided that I liked Skeletron better.
  13. Eater of Worlds: This was my least favourite of the original 3 bosses, but on Expert he can create an impressive "web" of vile spit projectiles to navigate which makes him a lot more fun to fight, so he gets a higher spot that he would have otherwise.
  14. Ice Queen: Fun attacks to avoid, very chaotic fight.
  15. Pumpking: Skeletron if he used more magic spells. The Demon Scythe is one of my favourite enemy attacks so of course I'd like a boss who uses them. The Greek Fire spitting is nice, too.
  16. Santa-NK1: I love attacks which fall down from the top of the screen so I like this guy too, and I like that rocket barrage. Though I find it really annoying to dodge the small bullets in phase 2 and those mines screwed me over when I didn't know about them.
  17. The Twins: I really liked this boss when it was first released, both their phase 2s are fun but Retinazer's "random" lasers in phase 1 are so annoying, are they truly random or do they fire in a pattern?
  18. Eye of Cthulhu: Nice and easy dodging, gets crazy in phase 2 on expert.
  19. Mourning Wood: his missiles are slow enough you can pull off some dangerous dodges without that much trouble, like Santank but more specialized towards long ranged combat.
  20. Skeletron Prime: Nice variety of weapons he has, that laser is a pain but not as annoying as the other HM boss's lasers. I like his Vice the most since it reminds me of normal Skeletron.
  21. Everscream: Annoying bastard spamming ultra fast projectiles, bauble grenades are cool though, and you can make some cool dodges against the pine needle machinegun despite their speed.
  22. King Slime: Was a total lamer before, can get pretty intense to early characters with his new teleport and I like spiked slimes.
  23. Destroyer: Annoying as hell lasers, you can play it as a kind of "cover shooter" with probes trying to flush you out with the right setup, at least. But fighting him out in the open just pisses me off.
  24. Stardust Pillar: Irritating instalasers from Stargazers drag this one down for me, but the Flow Invaders kind of redeem this one.
  25. Flying Dutchman: Nothing special about this guy other than the state of his health bar (bars, to be precise). Uses one basic arcing projectile attack and summons minions. Just your average video game boss.
  26. Nebula Pillar: Having to wait for Nebula Floaters to shoot before attacking them so that they don't teleport right next to you and fire an unavoidable shot is BS. Very annoying boss.
I don't dislike any of the bosses in this game, Nebular Pillar is just a bit cheap.

Last edited:
My favourite must be the Lunatic Cultist. Love the design and behavior, and it drops the coolest mask in the game.

My least favourite is Lepus. If you're ever playing the mobile/console version, don't summon Lepus EVER. He just lays eggs all the time, is insanely fustrating to fight and the drops... He drops three items, one is a vanity and the others are useless.

My favorite would have been the Cultist, but he took FAR too long to give me his hat, so he falls to #2.

Favorite after that would probably be Eater of Worlds, just because it doesn't matter if you're playing Expert or Normal, he is still an absolute joke of a boss. But at least he tries.

Dewk FIIIIIshron
it is an Intense fight. you can beat every boss in the game by just standing around if you have endgame gear but not fishron ,you must run, fly, dodge jump, whatever he will take you out if you aren't fast i still loose to him even though i can beat the moon lord with almost no effort

Destroyer's my top favorite (in part for being the first boss to use Boss 3), and some of my other favorites are Golem, Duke Fishron, and the Twins (particularly Spazmatism).

The Moon Lord. The boss fight makes you feel incredibly insignificant. You're a mortal who has some fancy magical armor and weapons. The Moon Lord is an eldritch god beyond your comprehension, the brother of Cthulhu himself. You are nothing next to him, and even with the best items in the game he is a true challenge. And against all odds, you manage to defeat him, and its a REAL accomplishment, not just another boss to beat to get to the next tier. Even the Wall of Flesh never had the same feel of urgency and desperation.

Duke Fishron seems to be the most fun boss to fight for me. Its attack, movement patterns, as well as multiple phases make it very fun. Its drops are also some of my favorite in the game. It feels like you're holding the true power of the ocean in your hand and beating the sea god (Fishron) allows you to hold it. Its 3rd Phase in Expert Mode makes the fight even more awesome and intense.

Behind that, fighting the EoC is also a good one since its generally the 1st boss that's fought and gives a small taste of what's to come.

My favorite miniboss is the Wyvern. Mainly because it is like challenging a dragon for the right to fly, and fighting it in Space gives a very unique feeling.

Back
Top Bottom