Why all the hate for Minecraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarrih

Terrarian
This is a legit question. Why?
It's not a singleplayer game you know, it's a creative tool. Just open your mind for 3 seconds and you'll see that. It allows you to litterally create games inside the game, it allows you to easily create texture packs, mods, maps, logical circuits... How are you guys blind enough to not see that? '-'

Actually, a lot of us don't hate Minecraft.
I, myself, am a regular player, and I've been playing for four years.
As for the haters, though, they're usually just trolls or despise the newer content for whatever reason.

I don't hate Minecraft... o.o I have had that game for... ehhh I lost count it has been way too long. I know it was before it got really big.

I play Minecraft often, usually in a modpack (FTB hype). I don't understand why people (not everyone) has to have one game or the other. Both games are great. Minecraft is, in my opinion, slightly more building-oriented, whereas Terraria is exploration/fighting-based. Both are great.

It's not that a lot of people "hate it" but that they (or we) are tired of seeing people compare Terraria to Minecraft, or vice versa. They are two completely different games with different objectives. I think the only reason for so many people comparing the two games is because they are both blocky, but if that's the case, why not compare Terraria to Roblox or Ace of Spades or Blockland? The list keeps going but you get the idea.

The thing is, Minecraft is just an insanely popular game that came out before Terraria, so when a person who has played only Minecraft really doesn't get a good glimpse of Terraria, they think it's just a copy. They just want to defend Minecraft I suppose. It's the other way with both games as well. But then again, thankfully there are plenty of people not like that. When I first saw Terraria, I actually thought it was basically Minecraft in 2D and never bat an eye. But eventually I gave Terraria a chance and BOY I was wrong. Now to me, the two games are incomparable.

Basically, I just wish anyone that has bashed Terraria for being too much like Minecraft would give it a try. Then they'll see how wrong they really are. Don't judge a video game by it's cover.

Never played MC. Never hated it, nor liked it. Personally, I can't bring myself to play it because it's too blocky for me.

People will :red: about what they like(or don't). It's one of the quirks of life. Best thing to do with it is nod your head, walk away and read a good book. Less hassle, more peace of mind.

Besides, no one said you can't both like vanilla and chocolate at the same time.

*cough* palkia *cough*
Best not to start anything. We don't need another row.

It's not that a lot of people "hate it" but that they (or we) are tired of seeing people compare Terraria to Minecraft, or vice versa. They are two completely different games with different objectives. I think the only reason for so many people comparing the two games is because they are both blocky, but if that's the case, why not compare Terraria to Roblox or Ace of Spades or Blockland? The list keeps going but you get the idea.

The thing is, Minecraft is just an insanely popular game that came out before Terraria, so when a person who has played only Minecraft really doesn't get a good glimpse of Terraria, they think it's just a copy. They just want to defend Minecraft I suppose. It's the other way with both games as well. But then again, thankfully there are plenty of people not like that. When I first saw Terraria, I actually thought it was basically Minecraft in 2D and never bat an eye. But eventually I gave Terraria a chance and BOY I was wrong. Now to me, the two games are incomparable.

Basically, I just wish anyone that has bashed Terraria for being too much like Minecraft would give it a try. Then they'll see how wrong they really are. Don't judge a video game by it's cover.
Your story is the same as mine. GG no re.

I'm not talking about everyone on the forum. I am not even talking about the Terrarian community at all. Just about the general hate. You can't even have an opinion on the game if you've only experienced singleplayer and vanilla gameplay. Minecraft is about creativity. That's the reason it's called Minecraft! It doesn't mean "Mine and craft" but "This craft is mine."
And obviously there is no reason to compare a calm creation oriented game to an adventure challenging game. I think the musics of each game both define perfectly the games themselves. Terraria has fun, epic, or biome-themed musics. Minecraft has calm and deep musics. And both are awesome.

*cough* palkia *cough*
Please do not call out other forum members. Thanks.

----

This thread seems to duplicate a couple of others:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/minecraft-thread.526/ to discuss Minecraft on it's own,

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/why-is-terraria-better-than-minecraft.2926/ to discuss preferences between Terraria and Minecraft.

I don't feel that yet another Minecraft thread is necessary (not hate, but this isn't a Minecraft forum). Please continue the discussion at one of those two threads.

Any questions, shoot me a PM. Thanks.

(edit: fixed second link)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom