Why am I not getting any Goblin Scouts?

Nariofan101

Terrarian
I've been sitting here for three in-game days and haven't seen any tattered cloth. I've defeated King Slime, Skeletron and the Eye of Cthulu, but have not broken any shadow orbs (there are none). The world was generated with TerraCustom, but the game is otherwise unmodded.

scout_farm.png

scout_farm_loc.png

Last edited:
Goblin Scouts only spawn in the outer third of the world on each side. If you've been waiting for a scout in the centre of the world, that'll be why none are appearing.
https://terraria.wiki.gg/Goblin_Scout

Shadow Orbs are only found in the Corruption chasms. I can't see any Corruption in the screenshot. If you're waiting near Corruption though, that'll also block scouts from spawning.

Goblin Scouts only spawn in the outer third of the world on each side. If you've been waiting for a scout in the centre of the world, that'll be why none are appearing.

Shadow Orbs are only found in the Corruption chasms. I can't see any Corruption in the screenshot. If you're waiting near Corruption though, that'll also block scouts from spawning.
You can see where the goblin farm is and what it looks like in the screenshots. You can click on them to see them in full.

You can see where the goblin farm is and what it looks like in the screenshots. You can click on them to see them in full.
I did indeed look at them in full, but there's a lot of unexplored areas in the map. It makes it difficult to see where some things are. :)

If you're trying an AFK farm, check the depth of your lava trap. Tattered Cloths are white, so they'll burn in lava. You can check by throwing a coin into the lava. If the coin disappears, the lava is too deep.

I did indeed look at them in full, but there's a lot of unexplored areas in the map. It makes it difficult to see where some things are. :)
I've highlighted the location of the farm on the map with a red circle, as well.

If you're trying an AFK farm, check the depth of your lava trap. Tattered Cloths are white, so they'll burn in lava. You can check by throwing a coin into the lava. If the coin disappears, the lava is too deep.
I'm getting gel and coins from the farm, so that's not the problem.

Rule of thumb: If king slime spawns there, than so will goblin scouts
I've fought king slime from this before in this world. Unfortunately this rule of thumb is unhelpful, because King Slime is understandably less common than a goblin scout.

It's looking like there may not be a satisfying answer here. I'll just bring in a Goblin Battle Standard from another world.

Back
Top Bottom