Blocks & Decoration Why are active stone blocks still in the game?

oh right they from the mechanic right? i dont know why i thought the steampunker sold them
edit: i guess its just because i have never bought them
Maybe you were thinking of cogs? They're both small yellow items.

Agreed. Those can be used from the very beginning for a blood-moon-proofed house.
Or just place a torch or some background object next to your doors so zombies can't open them.

I think it's so you can have boulder traps spawn in the world without giving the player free actuators. It's also a cheaper, uglier version until you can get actuators.

I think it's so you can have boulder traps spawn in the world without giving the player free actuators. It's also a cheaper, uglier version until you can get actuators.
you can get actuators at the same time you can get wires to use the active/de active stone blocks though

One point no one seems to have raised is that, active stone blocks are easier to lay down than Stone Blocks + Actuators. You only need to run your build once with the first before wiring, and twice with the later before wiring. I'd say that's good enough of an advantage to warrant their stay.

One point no one seems to have raised is that, active stone blocks are easier to lay down than Stone Blocks + Actuators. You only need to run your build once with the first before wiring, and twice with the later before wiring. I'd say that's good enough of an advantage to warrant their stay.
So they're still in the game because its easier to make secret bases with them?

You just can use stone with actuators, can't you?
BTW, boulder traps becomes incredibly easy to spot in hardmode,because active stone blocks are unaffected by corruption\crimson\hallow. It kinda spoils the surprise for me :rolleyes:

BTW, boulder traps becomes incredibly easy to spot in hardmode,because active stone blocks are unaffected by corruption\crimson\hallow. It kinda spoils the surprise for me :rolleyes:
In hardmode, they're not dangerous anymore anyway. :) Too much armour and hitpoints.

They're still in the game because at this point it's impossible to remove them. It leads to maps breaking.
And while Red could choose to generate builder traps with actuators on new maps, why would he. It's an extra function the map generator would have to work with and really, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Back
Top Bottom