Mobile Why are Scaly Truffles so rare?

Have you caught a Scaly Truffle?

• Yes! It was easy!

• Yes! But it took awhile!

• No! But I haven't been trying that hard!

• No! And I've been trying forever!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello! I'd like to address a potential issue that has been aggravating me for the past 2 days. Recently I have started taking an interest in the Scaly Truffle (Pigron Mount) and have been attempting to fish one up. I have made an artificial Crimson/Ice biome underground in the cavern layer, like the wiki says, but I can't fish any of the item up. I am using the sitting duck pole from the Traveling Merchant (40% fishing power) and Master Bait (50% bait power), and I have been using fishing potions too (15% fishing power). So a total of 105% fishing power. The wiki says that the chance to reel it in would be 1 out of 50. I have fished for about 6 hours (not in one playthrough of course), but have not caught a single Scaly Tuffle. My brother is experiencing the same issue, but he hasn't fished as much as I. I have exactly 414 tiles of water. Please get back to me when you find out if it is a problem on your side, or if I'm just an extremely unlucky person. Thank you!

Hello! I'd like to address a potential issue that has been aggravating me for the past 2 days. Recently I have started taking an interest in the Scaly Truffle (Pigron Mount) and have been attempting to fish one up. I have made an artificial Crimson/Ice biome underground in the cavern layer, like the wiki says, but I can't fish any of the item up. I am using the sitting duck pole from the Traveling Merchant (40% fishing power) and Master Bait (50% bait power), and I have been using fishing potions too (15% fishing power). So a total of 105% fishing power. The wiki says that the chance to reel it in would be 1 out of 50. I have fished for about 6 hours (not in one playthrough of course), but have not caught a single Scaly Tuffle. My brother is experiencing the same issue, but he hasn't fished as much as I. I have exactly 414 tiles of water. Please get back to me when you find out if it is a problem on your side, or if I'm just an extremely unlucky person. Thank you!
You may be just unlucky. There are others that have had trouble getting the Scaly Truffle, and making an artificial biome in the cavern layer is what worked for them, so you are on to a good strategy. Scaly Truffle cavern?

You know what's funny? I've fished up about 4-5 Zephyre fish, which are a 1-400 chance with 100% bait power, but not a single Scaly Truffle, which is 1-50 chance with 100% bait power. I must be an extremely unlucky person

Ok this is kind of aggrivating me now. I got the depth hair dye, and when I'm at my spot, it's grey, meaning I'm in the cavern layer. I have a load of snow blocks and pink ice blocks placed down, but still haven't gotten one. I've fished up 3 Zephyre fish in one hour, yet no Scaly Truffle.

If it helps any, the mobile version will be getting an update hopefully later this year. The plan is to make it more like the PC version, so some of these old spawning issues may be fixed then.

Back
Top Bottom