Casual Why did you come to the forums anyways?

Well... It's been a while and the time spent was quite interesting.

I had considerations to join TO during 1.2 was big and unreleased, but I think I couldn't handle the acquisition of an account there. Even when TCF came out, those doubts remained; even though I had hopes.
37d6c0ef9f.png

Image, courtesy of Great Criddle
Either way, Cenx was big at the time, so I took advantage of that opportunity, linked my Steam account and came here to wish her a happy birthday and see where I'd go from there. It feels like a series of dreams: good dreams and bad dreams.

Thank her and @PrincessPixel for reminding me about this motivator. At last, I'm in a good place. :happy:

Because Swordbomb does have one legacy: he was the reason the TO RP community transferred to TCF to begin with. Apart from Charmander27's The Island, all of the other RPs of note such as Dynasty of Data Recoded were strongly against a shift to TCF. We were caught over a barrel in that we weren't ready to start a new chapter in most of our stories, and yet you could hardly transfer the body of stuff we'd written and just pick off where we'd left off. Additionally, it was thought that the new social group system would be quite inconvenient for RPing, something that does hold true to this day (even moreso for Terraria servers and RP servers, which took a big hit by the forum transfer making it so much more difficult to find them and their details), and would become a source of drama - specifically, the additional powers social groups afforded - later as well.

Now for Swordbomb's RPs, everyone participating in The Thousand Year War and Lone Tree High School pretty much came to an agreement that we would stick by TO - something Swordbomb mumbled he'd go along with. But abruptly, about a couple days before TCF's launch, the man showed himself capricious as usual. He changed his mind and basically locked down both of his RPs pending a stellar revival on TCF. This caught everyone off guard and, since almost everyone was a participant in Lone Tree in some form (this was before Lone Tree went massively downhill and Swordbomb's attitude morphed into that of a complete bell), other RP leads had little choice but to grab their things, bumble after him as he single-handedly stormed over. DoD Recoded brought itself to a hasty end and other RPs like The Three Armies (which I'd begrudgingly inherited off my friend Slimez) were basically abandoned in the rush, lemme tell you a few folks were extremely not pleased with me for that - fair enough I suppose, I did let them down on that count.

It is something I kind of regret. Overall I think the TCF transfer was a positive thing eventually but, with hindsight, I and the others should've called Swordbomb on his bluff. Further, I felt bad for TO afterwards - Kane got a kind of bad press and TO became a meme, which really wasn't deserved. TO did a huge amount for the Terraria community, it connected players in arguably the real heyday of the game where there were more servers and events and discussion going on than you could see! I also have to give a rare compliment and respects to Tunnel King. He put hard graft into keeping the spambot infestation somewhat off TO, and that was a pretty sad duty. He probably could've dodged that; I would have, and very few would've noticed and/or cared - TO plummeted from over a thousand unique actives per day to a few dozen in the space of, if I'm not mistaken, less than a month. I don't think the TO RP community sticking around after the wider community had moved would've lengthened TO's lifespan by much if anything at all, but it would've at least paid a small bit of respect to a site; and, I guess, a little landmark in my life really, that deserved a lot more than it got.

I've always been somewhat knowledgeable about this server, however I never joined before as I always thought that I had nothing new to add to the community. But then I ultimately decided to join anyways since I thought you could delete your account in case you wanted to leave which turned out to not be the case unfortunately.

it was isolation time and i was bored, i did not have any of my friends emails yet and i was BORED OUT OF MY MIND, so i felt lonely, and you know childs need interesting stuffs, so i searched around the internet being bored and then i found tcf, and i was like, i will check this ou, AND THEN I LOVE IT CUS ME NOT LONELY ANYMORE, YAAAAAAY

back in 2019, i joined to get help with the twins or something. I can't remember why I came back in may, but I'm glad I did.

Last edited:
it was isolation time and i was bored, i did not have any of my friends emails yet and i was BORED OUT OF MY MIND, so i felt lonely, and you know childs need interesting stuffs, so i searched around the internet being bored and then i found tcf, and i was like, i will check this ou, AND THEN I LOVE IT CUS ME NOT LONELY ANYMORE, YAAAAAAY
i also never left

Back
Top Bottom