Mobile WHY DID YOU DELETE MOBILE EXCLUSIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, I still would rather have the Portal Gun than the Egg Cannon.
Or the Flower Boots' impractical brother.
[doublepost=1557502621,1557502460][/doublepost]The only thing I can really justify being mad about it's removal is the Holy Hand Grenade, that thing is so useful for hellevators...

It's basically the staff of regrowth but you have to walk on the blocks.
[doublepost=1557502696,1557502651][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1557502621,1557502460][/doublepost]The only thing I can really justify being mad about it's removal is the Holy Hand Grenade, that thing is so useful for hellevators...
Same Here. The Holy Hand grenade is OP.

IN Terraria DISCORD Cenx has confirmed that he did delete mobile exclusives. You should watch the official discord and not just the forums because they post something useful info there.

You cannot expect TK to be everywhere - he went on the best information that he had. Chill.

What Cenx said is accurate. There is a long term plan in play here, and will just have to ask you to trust it.

The tradeoff of a rebuilt, more polished game... complete with 1.3 tier content and built for more... in exchange for:

Calm down, they were just a bunch of unbalanced out of place items anyway.

Heart Arrows? Sharanga? Just no.

This is pretty accurate as well:
One Terraria aims to bring the same experience, content and gameplay to all the diverse platforms for Terraria, with the PC being the core. And in order to bring the same feel, they have to (With broken hearts) remove exclusive content for both console and mobile versions (Ocram and Seasonal Events). It wasn't an easy choice.

To be EVEN MORE CLEAR here (and I'm going to see if the team is good with adding this to the monthly update so that nothing gets missed) - Mobile will have *no* exclusives of any kind. Not even the Console ones, not even Vanity. Where possible, there will be compensation for those or alternate core weapons swapped in.

Again, will just have to ask that everyone exercise trust - trust in the vision, trust in the plan... and a little bit of patience. :)

I think Thanos puts it better than I could
images

A small price to pay for salvation.
Seasonal content was broken on purpose, to help Terraria gain traction with time based-events. It helped with that, but the developers aren't striving for that. I've heard it was added by the individual mobile developers without talking to re-logic, but I can't confirm this.

You cannot expect TK to be everywhere - he went on the best information that he had. Chill.

What Cenx said is accurate. There is a long term plan in play here, and will just have to ask you to trust it.

The tradeoff of a rebuilt, more polished game... complete with 1.3 tier content and built for more... in exchange for:

Heart Arrows? Sharanga? Just no.

This is pretty accurate as well:

To be EVEN MORE CLEAR here (and I'm going to see if the team is good with adding this to the monthly update so that nothing gets missed) - Mobile will have *no* exclusives of any kind. Not even the Console ones, not even Vanity. Where possible, there will be compensation for those or alternate core weapons swapped in.

Again, will just have to ask that everyone exercise trust - trust in the vision, trust in the plan... and a little bit of patience. :)
Well that sucks with

Can I just say that... They haven't even removed them yet? I think if there is any thing relogic should do is they are going to remove the exclusives they should rebalance them and add them back into consoles, add them into PC and make it so they aren't exclusives anymore, this would give the same expirience to everybody and keep the game balanced. (They should also put the PC exclusives into mobile!)

uh, no... "exclusive" means they are EXCLUSIVE, as in not planned to be added in later...
ex·clu·sive
/ikˈsklo͞osiv/
adjective
adjective: exclusive

excluding or not admitting other things.
      "my exclusive focus is on San Antonio issues"
      synonyms: complete, full, entire, whole, total, absolute;
      to the exclusion of everything else
      "his exclusive concern with himself"
      antonyms: partial
      • unable to exist or be true if something else exists or is true.
        "these approaches are not exclusive; many students will combine them"
        synonyms: incompatible, irreconcilable
        "mutually exclusive alternatives"
      • (of terms) excluding all but what is specified.
        synonyms: not including, excluding, leaving out, omitting, excepting, with the omission/exception of, except for, not counting, leaving aside, barring
        "prices are exclusive of VAT and delivery"
        antonyms: inclusive of
      restricted or limited to the person, group, or area concerned.
      "the couple had exclusive possession of the condo"
      synonyms: sole, undivided, unshared, unique, only, individual, personal, private, single, especial;
      dedicated
      "I have reserved a room for your exclusive use"
      • (of an item or story) not published or broadcast elsewhere.
        "an exclusive interview"
      • (of a commodity) not obtainable elsewhere.
        "exclusive designer jewelry"
      catering or available to only a few, select people; high class and expensive.
      "an exclusive Georgetown neighborhood"
      synonyms: select, chic, high-class, elite, fashionable, stylish, elegant, choice, special, premier, grade A;More
      expensive;
      restrictive, restricted, limited, private, closed, cliquish, cliquey, clannish, snobbish;
      upmarket;
      high-toned, upscale;
      informalposh, ritzy, classy, upper-crust, top-drawer, top-people's;
      informalswish;
      informalswank, tony;
      rarediscriminative
      "one of Britain's most exclusive clubs"
      antonyms: open
      not including; excepting.
      "prices are exclusive of tax and delivery"
noun
noun: exclusive; plural noun: exclusives

an item or story published or broadcast by only one source.
      synonyms: scoop, exposé, revelation, special, inside story;
      coup
      "the magazine's six-page exclusive"
If you see anything about tense there, let me know. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just don't take kindly to being called wrong by someone who is very much themselves wrong.

If you see anything about tense there, let me know. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just don't take kindly to being called wrong by someone who is very much themselves wrong.
It's not tense: it's intent, context and common sense. We're both right, just you go by the factual definition and I go by the intent of the developers when they use the word, there's a reason they have never referred to 1.3.2+ as "PC Exclusive".

It's not tense: it's intent, context and common sense. We're both right, just you go by the factual definition and I go by the intent of the developers when they use the word, there's a reason they have never referred to 1.3.2+ as "PC Exclusive".
For the time being, the new content is an exclusive. Whether the developers have n't officially stated it doesn't change that. If a Honda civic was never referred to as a car by the designers doesn't change its car status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom