Why didn't they fix Meteor Heads?

Lakmoots

Terrarian
It seems unbelievable, but after doing a ''pass'' through all the elements of Terraria... the developers still left Meteor Heads broken.

They do not drop any loot, or anything at all, in hardmode.

This was in response to quite an old bug where Biome keys could be farmable. That bug was fixed but the Meteor Heads remained as they are.

I would like to appeal for a fix in any upcoming patch. There is *no* reason for meteor ore not to drop in Hardmode. It simply makes no sense.

Restore the loot!

If memory serves I think there were other reasons related to general loot pool farming but as far as I know there is no reason their own loot pool particularly meteorite shouldn't be available in hardmode

If memory serves I think there were other reasons related to general loot pool farming but as far as I know there is no reason their own loot pool particularly meteorite shouldn't be available in hardmode

I don't think there is any good reason that Meteor Heads are the only enemy in-game that doesnt drop any loot at all in hardmode.

It is simply the devs not bothering to even look at this issue when they were doing their ''pass'' around all elements of the game. It is really inexplicable that this made it through.

There is a good reason this was done. I don´t like that reason, but i understand it. Every (EVERY) mob that drops something is capable of dropping biome specifics (Souls, Keys, Pirate Maps, etc).
Then theres another fact, that meteorite overwrites every (EVERY) enemy spawning. Meaning theres only meteor heads spawning. Meteor heads are way more easy and predictable to defeat, especially in hardmode. This was abused in the past for farms of items listed at the top. So yeah, there is a very valid reason for it being this way. I wish they didnt do it, because i like building and exploiting auto farms in this manner.

But why not just letting meteor heads only drop money? They would have to change the whole system of loot dropping in the game, i assume.

Back
Top Bottom