Why do Ghosts kill you?

I’m just wondering, why do ghosts kill you when you break the grave, specifically YOUR grave?! Why would you try to kill yourself? Is it a revenge thing, or is it directed towards the player for getting them killed in the first place? I’m just curious about why you’d try killing yourself, I’m thinking it’s for revenge but I’m just totally puzzled.

I like to think of it as an embodiment of the never-to-be resolved regrets of your past life, rather than the player’s “spirit”, but that’s just a theory.

If you want to make things more confusing, think of the fact that the ghost spawns outside of the screen, instead of from the tombstone, when you break It.

Maybe whenever you die and respawn you get a new spirit, and ghosts are your old spirits. Perhaps they’re not trying to kill you, they want to reconnect with their old body, however they can’t because your body gets another spirit after death, and somehow they end up damaging you.

Because you as the player came back to life. The ghost didn't. That's not very fair to the ghost!

Back
Top Bottom