Why do people hate on golem?

Golem has attack patterns that wouldn’t be out of place in the mech trio as far as how difficult they are, and the mechs aren’t exactly considered difficult...

its just weak, plantera was pretty hard, I think we can all agree, but right after that? id go as far to say the mobs in the temple were easier than the boss itself, its a complete joke

its just weak, plantera was pretty hard, I think we can all agree, but right after that? id go as far to say the mobs in the temple were easier than the boss itself, its a complete joke
This is it for me.

Normally, you do one boss and then prepare for the next by upping weapons and armour, but after killing Plantera I usually just go straight to the temple and deal with Golem immediately.

Plus, if you have the right weapon, it's usually possible to find a place where you're fairly protected but you can damage him. Scourge of the corruptor is a good weapon for that, especially with flask of ichor.

Perhaps there's a commonly known strategy behind fighting Golem that I'm completely unaware of, but I suspect also, most players haven't been unlucky enough to have the Jungle Temple spawn a very tiny Arena to fight him in. Seeing as how the Alter exploit has been removed, I've never really considered Golem to be a total pushover, just one of those Boss fights where, you get lucky or you don't.

I wouldn't claim 'im to be a tougher Boss than Plantera, but... under certain circumstances, he could be. Overall, I suspect he's mostly a gimmick Boss, where a LOT of the tricks that are supposed to make him "difficult" are too well-known to matter anymore; like for example, if players tried Summoning Golem without disabling the traps in his arena (which requires veteran knowledge, or some kind of strategy guide), the fight would likely feel much different. 😏 🤷‍♂️

Golem should be harder then planter and the lizards should at least have a grenades to throw and I think golem's metal Golem or rock metal Golem.

Perhaps there's a commonly known strategy behind fighting Golem that I'm completely unaware of, but I suspect also, most players haven't been unlucky enough to have the Jungle Temple spawn a very tiny Arena to fight him in. Seeing as how the Alter exploit has been removed, I've never really considered Golem to be a total pushover, just one of those Boss fights where, you get lucky or you don't.
You can actuate the lihzahrd brick to expand the arena and it's not hard to do with something like the Grand Design.

Back
Top Bottom