PC Why do we NEED to suffer through random events?

How should this problem be dealt with?

• Allow players to sleep through the events

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Item(s) to skip the events that drop during the events themselves

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Item(s) to prevent the events from happening that drop during the events themselves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MasterworkStone

Duke Fishron
Solar eclipse takes 16 minutes to stop, Blood Moon takes 9 minutes to stop, and Pirate Invasion and Goblin Invasion don't stop until they're beaten. Why are we not allowed to sleep through them?
If you're not looking for drops from them, they're just a waste of time, and preventing the player from sleeping through them just further cements the fact that these events become a waste of time after you have everything you needed from them.
That's not 16 to 9 minutes of fun from the Blood Moon and Solar Eclipse, that's 16 to 9 minutes that I have to go AFK in an isolated spawn room because any NPC I'm near will die.

Sure, you can skip the day with an Enchanted Sundial, but that's a one time use every seven in-game days, Solar Eclipses and Blood Moons still have a chance to happen again during those seven days.

We need items that either allow us to skip them or prevent them, and have them drop only during the events so if you complete a lot of one event you can skip them until you run out skipping items.

If you've ever played viva pinata you'll know that when you "tame" an evil pinata you'll actually get a statue that stops them from spawning (this statue can be turned on or off) and I think similar should happen for terraria where killing the enemies in the event has a small chance to drop an event specific statue and having it placed down can actually oppress the events from happening

If you have good gear then it is quicker to kill them to end the pirate and goblin invasion.

Back
Top Bottom