why does corruption spread control mod still not exist?

corruption/crimson/hallow spread control?

• maybe!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

themightyjevry

Terrarian
time to once again ask the question of ages. but also mix in some rage
why is there no mod in existance to stop the most annoying mechanic in the game?!
you can spawn me a underground corruption/hallow biome+aboveground hallow biome, fine. i need them souls. i know
but i have better things to do, then block off the jungle, my home, etc. from annoying corruption spreading biomes!
plus! a world made from 80% corruption is simply ugly, changes all music to that depressing corruption biome tune, and especially takes my fun out of exploring the undergound!
so why? why does it not exist? it takes only 30 minutes! argh!
i also discovered corruption spreads pre-hardmode too?!? slowly, sure. but still!

Biome spreading is rather deeply ingrained into Terraria's code. There is no easy way to just turn it off.

the second I make my worlds I open tedit and carve a 5 block wide tunnel around all the corruption/crimson.. If you really hate the spread you should do this too

Biome spreading is rather deeply ingrained into Terraria's code. There is no easy way to just turn it off.
though why did the devs have to be so cruel and hardcode the corruption spread?

the second I make my worlds I open tedit and carve a 5 block wide tunnel around all the corruption/crimson.. If you really hate the spread you should do this too

i do that too. mostly important to do that when u enter hardmode. though i use cheatcheet atm. because mods.

though why did the devs have to be so cruel and hardcode the corruption spread?
Corruption spreading has been an integral part of Terraria ever since it was released in 2011. It makes little sense to me to have made such a feature toggle-able, let alone optional back then, when even the notion of modders was a far away dream.

spiro, that is a really good idea. but yes, isn't there somekind of workaround? like having the grass biome spread like corruption does? just push back with equal force? there must be a way. or even simpler, make a mod that removes the whole of corruption/crimson/hallow! delete those biomes. and replace them with identical biomes. with one key difference. they don't spread themselves!
though for the hellavator idea, i suggest a 5 thick clay wall. don't give the player direct hell acces. also have it make diagonal hellavators and horizontal ones. to minimize the profit of the spread.

also, if it is annoying it is not a feature.

Back
Top Bottom