3DS Why does Truffle's child (Pet) have two eyes when the Truffle only has one?

ForeverPyrite🌳

Official Terrarian
"As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children." - Truffle

I find it funny that people speculate that the Glowing Mushrooms are his children, WHEN HE IS SELLING HIS CHILDREN LIKE IT IS THE BLACK MARKET!

I am too lazy to add alt text atm
Sorry for the poor image quality but it serves my point and all I could find.

Also, why does the Craker, which only summons a Parrot cost over 2 Platinum coins compared to the 45 Gold for a mushroom child?

Moving to the main topic

The Truffle NPC only has one eye. (I can't find the old sprite because they updated it in 1.4 and nobody likes former versions I guess)
The child has 2 eyes:
1604845845325.png
or more easily seen in the buff:
1604845862103.png

So there are two questions here: Why is the Truffle selling his children but complaining about people stealing them, and why does the pet have two eyes and the original Truffle only have one eye? (Please don't take this topic to serious, it is a joke on when people thought the Truffle didn't have an Iris on the 3DS and Old-Gen Consel versions, causing the confusion of him only having one eye. And I know what the Truffle means by stealing his children, just want to have some fun ya know)

I wasn't quite sure where that misunderstanding(?) even comes from, considering, the truffle's portrait is one of the achievements, where he clearly has 2 eyes.

not quite sure what to say about the truffle kid, but, about the parrot, as for pets in general, they're often quite expensive. think about the companion cube for example...

That isn't even the actually intended looks XD But whatever XD
This might part comes from the he doesn't have a nose, which would more obviously separate his hace into two halves, as with most other NPCs. those have only 1 visible eye too, because they're looked at from the side, so the other in not visible, but that doesn't means they only have one eye XD lol

Yeah, the companion cube is 5 plat, making it one of the most expensive items. and it's a pet summon item, like the also expensive parror cracker. some pets are very expensive.

Welp, back to grinding the WoF again.....
But why would you buy a backstabbing cube that screams like a dying cult leader when taken into lava?
I think BoC is better for money farming.
Also, I dunno, because I didn't try it. But it's most likely because of Portal is an amazing game.

Never tried the BoC for that, and because you told me that I have 13 body spines and am ready to roll. Only issue, I am trying to beat 3DS so it won't count toward Companion Cube but I mean. Money

Never tried the BoC for that, and because you told me that I have 13 body spines and am ready to roll. Only issue, I am trying to beat 3DS so it won't count toward Companion Cube but I mean. Money
BoC is a very easy foe even in late pre-hardmode. it won't drop much money directly, but drops tons of crimtane ore. turn those into bars and sell them. it worths a lot of money.

Im'a see how much they sell for
1 silver and 50 copper, that will make 1 gold, 48 silver, and 50 copper per stack so that is not very impressive I am going to try the bars though.

BoC is a very easy foe even in late pre-hardmode. it won't drop much money directly, but drops tons of crimtane ore. turn those into bars and sell them. it worths a lot of money.
Hard to get Vertebrae in Hardmode, so I am going to have to make a new world lol.
Thank goodness you don't need the 6 mushrooms per spine on 3DS

According to the archievment, the truffle has 2 eyes too.
View attachment 297432
We didn't have achievements in the Old-Gen days
3DS
Xbox 360
PS3
Xbox 360 did have very few, and PS3 was the same way

Back
Top Bottom