Why does your base SUCK?

I haven't built anything all that big, unless my Pagoda like structure counts; which by the way is suppose to be an art gallery where I put most my painting or other things.
Oh, I forgot that, in principle, I have such a building, too. However, my lack of enthusiasm shows:
mleun1W.jpg
It has been looking like that for ages.

My 'main' world sucks because it is yet another square box base. But as of recent, I've been making more creative bases, like a wooden temple on my secondary world, or a hellish lair on a server base.

My base doesn't suck.

What I mean to say is that my NPCs won't even talk to me anymore. Because the houses are screwed up and they don't live there anymore.

One thing that has been bugging me, is very boring starting locations, like in my latest playthrough (which I might end up starting over), I got a world that had absolutely nothing at the starting location. Just flat ground and nothing else. I'm like "how am I supposed to make something creative with THIS!?"

For the most part, the reason why my current base ( and a couple of bases before it ) sucks is because I built it right underground and somehow I manage to get the strip of corruption from Hardmode to just barely miss it, giving me only a little time to push it back before it spreads and takes over.

All of my bases suck because they aren't made of pixel art, thus preventing them from advertising my crappy game for me.

I still haven't installed my teleporters. I've got the kitchen, the library, statue room (i love some pretty statues), honey spa, fake Purity biome on top, storage room, crafting room, but I still can't get out without discording. Also the Mechanic lives in the kitchen because I can't think of a furniture set that fits her and I'm really fussy.

My original base sucked because I thought having ledges in jumping distance would be convenient. But it just let enemies get up into my base. The guide would fall down there and wander around tilll I put conveyor belts in front of the doors to keep him in. The constant sound of critters falling into the caldera below, the way the staircase weave didn't work as a staircase. And I never could figure out how to finish the monument in the middle.

My new base isn't finished so that sucks too.

I'm actually really satisfied with my buildings , I have enough storage , everything I need and unnessesary but cool mechanics like if I go to a wall of my Tower , i can just go through it per acuators and Sensors .

My main / first base is always an ugly square block made of grey brick. Its only when I make outposts that they get interesting.
I guess I could demolish it, but that would mean finding a new place to stuff all my loot.

My base doesn't suck... well other than on blood moons all NPCs will die cause there all on the first floor....oops

Every time I try to build something other than boxes I end up going overboard and either end up making some beautiful abstract structure that no NPC can live in or natural terrain with no housing.

I know how to do supports and nothing else, so there's just a high-quality support for a shoebox.

Back
Top Bottom