why even get the vortex booster and nebula mantle

Blazmatic

Steampunker
it's worse than most wings that you can get, why do they even exist, why do people get them (other than vanity)

It really depends on your playing style. I haven't liked them in a long while either (same for the Hoverboard) and preferred the height of other wings, but once you get accustomed to them, the ridiculous horizontal speed you have really starts to be addicting.
It makes fighting certain bosses also a lot easier, but the biggest win here is that even when you're stealthed, you can still move around reasonably fast, being able to dodge enemies and dishing out high damage at the same time.

It really depends on your playing style. I haven't liked them in a long while either (same for the Hoverboard) and preferred the height of other wings, but once you get accustomed to them, the ridiculous horizontal speed you have really starts to be addicting.
It makes fighting certain bosses also a lot easier, but the biggest win here is that even when you're stealthed, you can still move around reasonably fast, being able to dodge enemies and dishing out high damage at the same time.
They have far less horizontal speed too, you'd be much faster just equipping the other wings rather than using the boost feature to compensate unnecessarily. (not so with the speedy hoverboard)

They have far less horizontal speed too, you'd be much faster just equipping the other wings rather than using the boost feature to compensate unnecessarily. (not so with the speedy hoverboard)
I just tested it with the solar wings, and you're right, the speed seems about the same.
Then it's just a matter of preference, whether you want to fly up or remain horizontal.
I think you're much faster traveling around the surface with the vortex booster than with wings, since falling down from the sky would reduce your horizontal speed dramatically. But I haven't tested this.
The biggest benefit remains though: Rangers can stealth and use the vortex booster with great benefits.

Ultimately it's player preference; I prefer being able to stay close to the surface while flying at full speed and Vortex Booster/Nebula Mantle have slightly longer flight times while hovering than when flying straight in the air. It allows me to stop wearing boots as well (but this counts for Hoverboard too).

Besides, at this point, you already have the UFO mount available and farmable (or just Cute Fishron from Expert!), so how high wings allow you to fly upwards is a bit of a formality. Depending on how much you play around water, you may even still just be using Fishron Wings instead.

A nice thing about Moon Lord gear is that while it is ludicrously powerful, its all mostly just entirely unrequired anyway.

horizontal speed? thats a thing

it's worse than most wings that you can get, why do they even exist, why do people get them (other than vanity)

.............................. I have found...................... gooooooooooood things............ (please tell me if they work for you.)

first: get a cloud in a bottle
second: get a nebula mantle

third: hold down(s) and directional key... then press space................ (hold the space bar down.) that is all I am gonna say.

Back
Top Bottom