Why is my game laggy/slowed down?

So, I got PC terraria today, and for some reason, when frame skip is off, my game is slowed down, no lag, and when its on, it's really laggy, but only when I walk. (when I jump around, theres no lag, so I really don't know what's going on) If anyone has any idea on how to solve this, please comment telling me how to fix this issue.

Let me get your system specifications. Please do the following:

• Press Windows+R
  • Type msinfo32 and press enter
  • Screenshot the page that comes up
  • Click the plus button next to components
  • Click "Display"
  • Screenshot this window as well
If done correctly I will have two screenshots that give me what I need.

There:

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    58 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    55.5 KB · Views: 162
I'm also missing the Display page I mentioned, I'll need that to check what graphics adapters you have. That page does tell me you have an APU but some machines come with a multiple GPU's one for battery saving and another for performance. I need to see if that's the case with your machine or if you only have the APU.

With your GPU you may likley experience some lag when playing Terraria and this is considered normal for your hardware. Something you can do is reduce the number of background applications that are running, keep frame skip on, and reduce some of the settings.

I did all that, yet I either have extreme lag when I move on the ground, or have slowed gameplay. I don't understand why that happens, but it does. I turned all settings down, yet this still happens.

Is the lag ONLY when running on the ground?

Try this:

Go to \Documents\My Games\Terraria and open up your config.json and change "RunningAchievementEnabled" to false and see if you still lag.

I tried that and turned down resolution, and it worked. Thanks for your help! Edit: turns out I still did get a little laggy sometimes, but I found out that having google chrome open was affecting it too. (turning off google chrome fixed it again) Again, thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom