Why is Profile Post Locking a thing?

Xylia

Terrarian
As the Title suggests....

A user locking their profile posts so that nobody can respond to what they say is annoying and it defeats the purpose of profile posts to begin with. I've always been of the opinion that it should not be possible to do this (or if you do have it locked, then make it impossible to post on the Profile at all, or maybe your posts don't show up in the Recent Profile Posts section).

It's annoying when someone posts Profile Comments that show up in the Recent Profile Posts but you click on it and.... nope, can't respond to it because the person who posted it just wants to be a jerk and be able to talk about whatever and not allow anybody else to offer their input.

You basically hand these people an unlimited soapbox where they can say anything they want and nobody can say anything about it whatsoever, and I don't really think that helps the community any, to be honest.

If you don't like what the person says, you can choose to Ignore them by clicking that button on their profile.

The person may simply choose to only allow people they follow to post on their profile.

Forgive Me If I Am Wrong, But I Believe It's The Opposite That's The Problem Here, If You Don't Want To Post On A Profile Where You Can't, It's Not Much Of A Problem, But If Someones Asks A Question That No One Can Answer (Or Only People They Follow) Then They Just Get Met With An "Are You Serious?" Face. (Well, If They Could Even See It)

And, Blocking Someone Just Not To See Their Profile Posts Seems Kinda, Err... Nevermind. You Block Someone If They Irritate You But Don't Break The Rules. (Atleast I Hope That's Why It's There.)

(I'm Cutting This Off Here Because I Have To Get Off In 3 Minutes.)

People should have the right to adjust their own profile privacy settings to suit themselves. I see nothing wrong with the way things stand.

Even if I agreed with you - there is no way to stop people from setting up their profile that way short of not allowing them to make any changes at all to their profile. That would apply to everyone. (edit: after a quick test, I can't even do that)

For people who limit who can see their profile - that limit will apply to the New Profile Posts feed as well.

If someone bunkers up behind a locked profile and posts irritating or insulting messages from it that can be seen by others, then that would be a reportable issue for what they post, not for who they allow to respond.

Individuals cannot be blocked from posting on your profile, only people you don't follow (if you choose that setting). Ignoring someone doesn't prevent them from posting on your profile either - you just won't see them do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom