Why is terraria better than minecraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerog2002

Skeletron Prime
Allright, I decided that we need a thread to discuss why terraria is better than minecraft, so I gave birth to dis thread. I think one reason is that with terraria, I can't mod it and I'm fine with that, because it has enough content not to be modded. But with Minecraft, I can't mod 1.7.10 and I hate it because minecraft has zero content and without mods it is extremely easy and fast-finish gameplay. Mods stray terraria from what it is, while without mods minecraft is dumb.
Also, redigit doesn't sell his own employees and friends to Microsoft!
And terraria get more in its bug patches than minecraft in its major updates. Some people think that minecraft updates faster than terraria because they are technically in 3.8 and terraria in 1.2.4, but they are wrong. Terraria has had many bug patches and 'small' (for terraria) updates like 1.1.3 or whatever and that outshines minecraft's puny 28 'big' (for minecraft) updates.

I prefer Minecraft because it has FTB, ATL and Technic, but your opinion is good too. Also, considering MC is 3D, and requires more coding, of course it will take longer to update, you are comparing two totally different games right now.

3D games =/= 2D games.

I prefer Minecraft because it has FTB, ATL and Technic, but your opinion is good too. Also, considering MC is 3D, and requires more coding, of course it will take longer to update, you are comparing two totally different games right now.

3D games =/= 2D games.
True, true.
But then again, terraria, even though it is 2D, probably has more code than minecraft.
And mods that double the content of minecraft take a month to make, while updates take a year and they only increase the content by 25%.[DOUBLEPOST=1412951031][/DOUBLEPOST]
I suggest moving this conversation to http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...mature-and-or-potentially-volatile-topics.18/

This could easily turn into a flame war and I'd hate to see that happen. Currently Moderators can't move threads into social groups but if you repost this there you can comment with a link to that on here and then I'll lock this thread.
Alright, thx for telling me before locking but I don't know how to move threads so can you help me with that?
Do u just repost it there or is there a special way to copy/paste all the comments?

Minecraft and Terraria are two different beasts. Minecraft is about freedom, Terraria is about fighting. You can't call either 'better' than the other, and you shouldn't either. You're presenting your opinion as a fact, which is bound to cause arguments. If you do remake this topic in TAS, try to present the discussion from a midpoint of view, and then give your own opinion after that.

True, true.
But then again, terraria, even though it is 2D, probably has more code than minecraft.
And mods that double the content of minecraft take a month to make, while updates take a year and they only increase the content by 25%.[DOUBLEPOST=1412951031][/DOUBLEPOST]
Alright, thx for telling me before locking but I don't know how to move threads so can you help me with that?
Do u just repost it there or is there a special way to copy/paste all the comments?
You'll just have to copy and paste it. These comments will stay here though you can quote them and insert them into the OP over there if you wish.

EDIT: PM me the link and I'll add it to my post.

For those who wish to you may continue this discussion here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/why-is-terraria-better-than-minecraft.2926/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom