PC Why is terraria so freaked hard when you start over?

SandStorm

Terrarian
i just made the transition from mobile to PC, but I've already realized that PC is 100 times harder! On mobile, I could defeat skeletron easy with a waterbolt or starfury. Now I can't even defeat the twins with hacked items that are top tier endgame! I've only hacked items in so far because I can not get ANYTHING. AT ALL! I need some specific instructions on starting from scratch: what you do first and so on. I've barely managed to kill zombies. Please help!!!!

PC isn't harder, it's normal. The touch controls on a mobile device aren't as easy to control as a mouse and keyboard so it was made easier to do everything. But if you get good at it you can defeat skeletron on the first night of a new world and char.

Killing zombies is as easy as swinging your copper shortsword a ton. If you decide to do so I suggest crafting a bow and arrows with wood and stone to kill the demon eyes.

As for the twins, just make an arena that allows for maximum mobility and the fight shouldn't be too bad.

Well, if you accidentally picked Expert Mode when you created your world, that would be bad. :p

Other than that, you generally just have to be less reckless. Pick your fights in early game and run away from large hordes of Zombies, and shelter indoors or underground if you're getting beat up by Demon Eyes. Make a Bow so you can delay and weaken enemies.

When you get into Hardmode, go Mimic hunting as soon as possible. The Cross Necklace and Philosopher's Stone are extremely important for weathering the grueling boss fights.

I can post more later, but I gtg. :)

everything is easier on mobile cause of the short day/night cycle.
The Terraria Wiki said:
In the Mobile version, before Hardmode is initiated, the day/night cycle occurs at a dynamic rate. In order to accommodate the shorter play times that mobile game sessions tend to entail, day and night last for shorter overall periods, and boss or event fights can cause the day or night period to extend in order to offer players more time to complete them. Once Hardmode begins, the day and night cycle will progress at the same speed as in other versions.
The difficulty on mobile is lowered to reflect the difficulty of using mobile controls and smaller worlds.

Killing zombies is as easy as swinging your copper shortsword a ton. If you decide to do so I suggest crafting a bow and arrows with wood and stone to kill the demon eyes.

As for the twins, just make an arena that allows for maximum mobility and the fight shouldn't be too bad.
You don't swing a copper shortsword. You stab with it.

i just made the transition from mobile to PC, but I've already realized that PC is 100 times harder! On mobile, I could defeat skeletron easy with a waterbolt or starfury. Now I can't even defeat the twins with hacked items that are top tier endgame! I've only hacked items in so far because I can not get ANYTHING. AT ALL! I need some specific instructions on starting from scratch: what you do first and so on. I've barely managed to kill zombies. Please help!!!!
I know how you feel, but bear with me! Because there will be ( i hope!) a new nerfing update to the pc.

I hope you guys realize that Terraria isn't nearly as hard as you think, unless you picked Expert Mode.

Yeah, if you made your world Expert Mode on accident, that's where the problem's at. Make a new one with a new character, and this time, don't have Expert Mode checked.

I hope you guys realize that Terraria isn't nearly as hard as you think, unless you picked Expert Mode.

Yeah, if you made your world Expert Mode on accident, that's where the problem's at. Make a new one with a new character, and this time, don't have Expert Mode checked.
Agreed. It's jut a legitimate opinion. This is actually a hard game sometimes due to the fact that they spend more time nerfing weapons than they do with the attack damage of hostile npc's

Now I can't even defeat the twins with hacked items that are top tier endgame!
Even in Expert Mode, I can power through the Twins with Vampire Knives... as a Summoner. (Yes, I know the Vampire Knives are after the Twins, but you said you hacked in top tier items.)

Boss fights aren't just about grabbing a weapon and firing blindly. You need to prepare for them. You need an arena and potions. For the Twins, you'll probably need wings too. I defeated the Twins in my first playthrough with Titanium Armour and a Cutlass - it's not impossible; you just need to prepare properly. I haven't played mobile, but it sounds like the weapons and/or bosses involved had their damage adjusted. So more preparation is probably needed on the PC version.

Back
Top Bottom