PC Why is the Martian Saucer is post-Moonlord tier now?

MasterworkStone

Duke Fishron
The laser penetrating blocks wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't made it's movement completely random.
It used to be that it would try to get in front of you, but now it's random. It may go behind, it may go in front, it may go directly on top of you, it is now completely unpredictable.
The fact that they added the Witch's Broom makes me think they forgot to set a tag for it to only appear after Moonlord is defeated.

The movement is absolutely not random. The saucer has a clear attack pattern. You moving erratically makes its movement appear random.
I've tried standing still, I've tried moving in one direction before it starts the laser, it's still different every time.

It is not post moon Lord tier. It is possible to beat using post golem equipment.

The way to defeat it is to learn it's attack pattern so you can deal damage while avoiding the death ray. Having done it myself and seeing many other people do it, I can guarantee it is possible before Moon Lord. Standing still under a row of blocks is no longer an effective strategy due to how the laser goes through blocks.

It does have a consistent pattern which is really easy to execute with standard Golem-tier(or even lower, actually) accessories. You can't just fly in a straight line, it will alternate sweeping to the left and to the right, and you can just dash in the opposite direction while it's switching sides and the deathray will never get you. As for everything else, two words: Vampire Knives.

Just gonna say, the martian saucer's second phase is one of the few times I find the hoverboard(or betsy's wings, or similar wings with fast horizontal speed) very useful. You kinda have to get into a rythm where you quickly boost under it to the opposite side between deathray shots.

The second phase moves slower than before, but the easiest way to deal with it is still to use a dash item to quickly switch directions.

Once you destroy all of the weapons, run away but not far, somewhat a screen away, this will force the Martian to lazer towards you and start the kiting pattern, where you go to the oposite direction everytime he stops the lazer.
If you have a flying mount or got Insignia(Empress of light)+wings+Shield of Chtulu/Ninja Gear it will make Martian look easy, only having to worry about mobs and Martian bombs hitting you mid-air.

It is not post moon Lord tier. It is possible to beat using post golem equipment.

The way to defeat it is to learn it's attack pattern so you can deal damage while avoiding the death ray. Having done it myself and seeing many other people do it, I can guarantee it is possible before Moon Lord. Standing still under a row of blocks is no longer an effective strategy due to how the laser goes through blocks.
Not necessarily.

I've modified my pirate lava farm to have a much longer walking space underground to fix the Saucer's ability to shoot through the floor. It can only strafe for so long with its death ray before it cycles back to its other attacks, or if it's in its second phase, changes position and fires in the opposite direction. It's not possible to AFK the Saucer anymore, sure, but you can still trivialize it.

I did have some difficulties with it pre-cultist, but try enough and you can get it down fairly quickly. The laser is easy when you get the hang of it, just run away from it when you see it, and the guns aren't hard to dodge at all. The rockets are more difficult, but just heal if you get hit by them and you should be fine. This is speaking from personal experience, and I had... Chlorophyte, I think?

I keep defeating this event hidden between blocks, with this arena, teleporter A and B are connected, is to pass through the beam imitating the effect of "Rod of Discord", teleporter C is to heal with the nurse. Very easy, although I need a weapon that goes through blocks in this strategy.
Sem título 435.png

Last edited:
you need good reaction time and some tanking ability if you can't react in time, using the queen slimes hook will help you in this matter if your near blocks, while being random it still is easier than 1.3 even on master mode

Back
Top Bottom