Why is there a trade section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteed1985

Terrarian
So the ability to download a world where every item in game is in chests and any money you want and then take it into your world exists yet people trade enough to have a forum section for it? Is it because downloading a map like that is cheating to those players? How do they know the item being given to them isn't off a map like that?

Because some people like the feeling of doing something meaningful. Not everybody wants to get everything the easy way ya know.

Because some people like the feeling of doing something meaningful. Not everybody wants to get everything the easy way ya know.

Which sounds like a good reason to play single player and get the item yourself rather than trading :S tbh I wish the game was server based so hacking and downloading maps like that wasn't possible and gave trading a point but with how the game is designed trading is an odd concept.

Because some people like to play shopkeeper.

I wonder much duplicated platinum is on the market community right now anyway.

For the sake of existing from what I've seen since TO.
If anything, it's just another version of a multiplayer section, except that here you buy time with people in exchange for items.

Because some people like to feel like they aren't cheating by obtaining things an easy way which doesn't generally have the "cheat" tag attached to it.

Why not leave them to the delusion of them doing something that's real, though? Others have the illusion of "classes" and "PvP" being an actual thing in Terraria, and others feel the RNG is a good thing for the game. Why single out the traders when there's plenty of delusions to complain about? :dryadwink:

Because generosity exists and people would rather receive items legitimately or traded rather than from a map or mod, client-side or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom