Why is there console/mobile-exclusive content, but no permanent PC-exclusive content?

flarn2006

Terrarian
First, a disclaimer: I'm not saying I'd prefer people on console/mobile not have content they otherwise would. I'd very much prefer they do, just like I'd very much prefer all the console/mobile-exclusive stuff was added to the PC version.

What I'm wondering is why there's stuff in the console/mobile versions that will clearly never be officially added to the PC version, if all the PC-exclusive stuff eventually gets added to console/mobile versions, or at least the former. I just don't think it's fair that, if they get all the PC content eventually, the PC version doesn't eventually get their content.

Why is this?

(On a side note, has anyone made a mod to add at least some of the console exclusive content to the PC version?)

As @Swinny said, we get the updates faster (and much less buggy) compared to console and mobile. I'd also prefer that those "exclusives" remain exclusive, since most are rather overpowered and not at all balanced.

Basically, the PC exclusive feature is a fully working game (*cough* mobile *cough*), and true online multiplayer

First, a disclaimer: I'm not saying I'd prefer people on console/mobile not have content they otherwise would. I'd very much prefer they do, just like I'd very much prefer all the console/mobile-exclusive stuff was added to the PC version.

What I'm wondering is why there's stuff in the console/mobile versions that will clearly never be officially added to the PC version, if all the PC-exclusive stuff eventually gets added to console/mobile versions, or at least the former. I just don't think it's fair that, if they get all the PC content eventually, the PC version doesn't eventually get their content.

Why is this?
This has been asked many many times. 505Games has the copyright for the console/mobile exclusives, and prefers for them to remain exclusive.

Re-Logic is fine with that, they have said that they are not interested in adding it.

Fairness has nothing to do with it, it's developer preference.

(On a side note, has anyone made a mod to add at least some of the console exclusive content to the PC version?)
As 505Games holds the copyright for this content, we would not permit such a mod to be linked/advertised on this forum.

It's because of what Tunnel King posted above, and I think the devs don't want to add it because it's not balanced. A good example is the pet Leprechaun o'Fyffe, who has a chance to drops coins when it jumps. It can drop all types of coins, and it is very easy to trap him, so he's essentially an infinite money farm.

It's because of what Tunnel King posted above, and I think the devs don't want to add it because it's not balanced. A good example is the pet Leprechaun o'Fyffe, who has a chance to drops coins when it jumps. It can drop all types of coins, and it is very easy to trap him, so he's essentially an infinite money farm.
Lets not forget the heart arrows that can freeze anything, even the bosses. Imagine that with the moon bow?

Because they marketed their stuff with exclusive content so it would only be fair to people who bought one of their versions for the exclusive content if the exclusive content remained exclusive.

What a lovely word.

If there's a rule then there is someone who has broken that rule~

I say if you buy both you should be able to port content over for single player worlds. There should be an in-game way of 'connecting' them if you've also purchased the 505 version of the game.

Wait, are they getting 1.3? Console/mobile haven't even gotten 1.2 yet, have they?

If there's a rule then there is someone who has broken that rule~

I say if you buy both you should be able to port content over for single player worlds. There should be an in-game way of 'connecting' them if you've also purchased the 505 version of the game.

That's not the way it works. The exclusive content is exclusive for a reason.

The Rule is: it's not permitted on this forum, and it's not likely to change anytime soon.

IMO, console exclusive content is kinda lame anyway. Really powerful midgame stuff? Naaah. I'd rather game progression integrity stay intact.

...Then again. Big mimics are basically just that.

You missed a lot of stuff then.

OT: The Bunny is a pet exclusive to whoever bought Collector's Edition. Pretty much a PC exclusive here.

Admittedly, this thread is nearly a year old, and the current versions weren't out at the time. Although 1.2 was out, but even so. :)

Admittedly, this thread is nearly a year old, and the current versions weren't out at the time. Although 1.2 was out, but even so. :)
I just saw it at the front page, didn't even see the thread's post date. My bad, then.

Back
Top Bottom