Why politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty much the only way I see anything politics related on facebook/twitter/ect. Someone on a gaming forum posts about it.

I guess because it has barak obama on it (ffs) people think that's where it's going.

Only problem I have with it is getting demands that I should vote everywhere and its usually for some moron. The only thing that will get a vote out of me anymore is for marijuana support. NOT JUST CBD OIL. NOT JUST MEDICINAL. The laws that ban it completely dissolved.

@Baconfry

Everyone saying it's neutral and doesn't tell you who to vote for clearly hasn't watched it.

It's the previous president telling you if you have an issue with the current administration you must go vote. The same president who is clear about his position on the matter.

He may not say directly vote against Trump but he may as well be.

"And if your concerned about what we've been seeing coming out of the white house over the last couple of years and I think we're seeing some unprecedented behavior that violates norms"

How is that not biased!

All you need is a reminder, hey go out and vote Its important. That's nuetrality. Not "This is a urgent time" or a 4 minute video.

Spare me. Clearly if this was reversed you would not think it's nuetral because it isnt. You're just biased.
When you troll a liberal epic style

The purpose of the video is not to force you to vote, it’s to inform you of the importance of voting. Regardless of what side you’re on, nothing about this video is really meant to be a political stance. It’s just Obama telling you “hey you should participate in voting because it’s pretty darn important to our country”. No matter what side you’re on, the important message here is just participating in elections. If it bothers you so much, go ahead and just vote to re-elect our current administration. That still means you got the intended message of the video. I think you’re either a bad troll fishing for attention here or you’re acting like you know more than you do.

And yes, of course it’s “biased”. Literally EVERYTHING political is biased. Good luck finding a completely neutral party who will also agree with the message here, because the only neutral people are those who don’t vote.

@Giga

I never said it was to force you to vote. Where did you get that from?

If it was just "you should do your civic duty and vote because it's important" cool great! I'd love that. But it wasn't. You clearly skipped over the quote "And if your concerned about what we've been seeing coming out of the white house over the last couple of years and I think we're seeing some unprecedented behavior that violates norms" among others. If this was Goerge W. saying this about Barrack Obama could you tell me nobody would care about it? It's just telling people to get out to vote?

It's not that the message bothers me. It's that I follow Terraria for their came content. Not their ideological bent. If they wanted to do this using their names great for them. I just wish they didn't use the Terraria brand to do it. Cause now for me Terraria is associated with a political bent.

I am going to vote. Thanks for assuming I'm a troll and I don't actually care about this though. Really shows to your character, assuming peoples motives to dismiss their concerns.
I won't deny there are some serious double standards regarding the use of official twitter accounts for political or social messages, but this is an extremely mild case if at all. You're getting too worked up.

Mild to you, that's an opinion. I fu***** love Terraria and now I have to really try and ignore this. And having people tell me "just calm down and don't get worked up over it" doesn't really make me not care anymore. It's also not the only tweet recently they've used with an ideological bent. I just really hope they stop because it does get tired having to ignore the people behind the game and just enjoy the art and game.
Look, I love Subnautica and will likely continue to purchase Unknown Worlds products despite resenting their politically corrupt management. Re-Logic look like centrists compared to them. There's hardly anything to ignore. And without examples of extreme political bias from Re-Logic it is difficult to understand your point.

Why does everything need to be political!
Because politics determine pretty much everything.

Whether or not the video posted is biased is completely irrelevant, but as that is what the discussion is veering to, I'll touch upon it and say, yes, it's definitely biased. First question: is Re-Logic doing something wrong sharing said video then? Answer: no, Re-Logic has absolutely no obligation to stay politically neutral, just as they have absolutely no obligation to stay out of politics altogether (which is why whether or not the video being biased is irrelevant). Second question: is this video going to repel people from registering because it's biased? Answer: possibly, but if people refuse to register "because Obama said I should, so I won't" then quite frankly, that speaks volumes about said people.

You say you don't want Terraria to become political. Good, because this isn't Terraria being political, this is Re-Logic being political. You're absolutely free to not like that, but what you do not have is any ground, moral or otherwise, to tell them they shouldn't.

@Giga

I never said it was to force you to vote. Where did you get that from?

If it was just "you should do your civic duty and vote because it's important" cool great! I'd love that. But it wasn't. You clearly skipped over the quote "And if your concerned about what we've been seeing coming out of the white house over the last couple of years and I think we're seeing some unprecedented behavior that violates norms" among others. If this was Goerge W. saying this about Barrack Obama could you tell me nobody would care about it? It's just telling people to get out to vote?

It's not that the message bothers me. It's that I follow Terraria for their came content. Not their ideological bent. If they wanted to do this using their names great for them. I just wish they didn't use the Terraria brand to do it. Cause now for me Terraria is associated with a political bent.

I am going to vote. Thanks for assuming I'm a troll and I don't actually care about this though. Really shows to your character, assuming peoples motives to dismiss their concerns.
It's the previous president telling you if you have an issue with the current administration you must go vote. The same president who is clear about his position on the matter.
If you’re that bothered by learning that a game company is made up of people who shockingly have a political belief, you’re better off just not following them. You’re absolutely reading too much in to this, and even though you’ve now said you’re not a troll it’s surprisingly easy to mistake you for one given this long rant about something controversial that literally nobody else would care about.

My opinion stands. You should be fine with that, seeing as you seem to have very strong opinions of your own.

They used the Terraria brand. Did you look at the post? They didn't use the Re-Logic brand. It was under Terraria on facebook.

I never said they couldn't do this or are obligated to stay silent. I just wish they didn't. I am free to have a voice and say that? I am free to be upset that this is another thing that has become political in my life. I like politics but I also like being able to compartmentalize it and just have fun doing something such as searching for video game news.

I do have grounds to use my first amendment and ask for a video game company to use their brand for video game purposes.
And what you are literally doing is asking the people working at a video game company to stop exercising their first amendment rights.

Developers using the game brand to convey a political message doesn't make the game itself political. Terraria itself takes a political stance just as much as it did five years ago (which is to say not at all). PR isn't game content, you can't say Terraria is political because the people who made it posted a political video on the game's Facebook page.

As for compartmentalising politics, two things. One, you can't. Two, you definitely, definitely shouldn't.

Absolutely not. Have you been reading?

I'm bothered by wanting to see Terraria related things when I see the Terraria brand and not politics.

Honestly if this was Trump saying register to vote for him under the Terraria brand I would also be upset. I dont want to relate Terraria with Trump or Obama or politics in genera.
I have been reading and that’s absolutely what it’s coming across as. You’re upset that suddenly Terraria makes a vaguely political post. About registering to vote. On National Voter Registration Day. That’s called public relations, and it’s equally important for a company to have good PR as it is for them to promote their product.

Also, it’s 2018. You can’t go anywhere without seeing something political. Brands are made up of people who have their own beliefs, and it’s not like they’re tweeting crap like “IMPEACH TRUMP REEEEEE” or “BUT HER EMAILS!!!!!”. It’s a friendly reminder to go vote, because that’s how our country works.

How? please explain? I have never said they should stop exercising their right. They can keep doing this if they want. Asking someone if they would stop being political isn't telling them to stop using their free speech. It's asking them to take your concerns into consideration. If I were trying to force them which I am not then I would agree with you. This is just me voicing my concerns of wanting something to be apolitical. Not forcing anything.

When I see the Terraria brand posting it, yea it makes it related to politics. Now when I search for Terraria news I can expect to occasionally get politics.
[doublepost=1538334339,1538334078][/doublepost]

If you are just going to interpret what I say by saying "this is what its coming across as" and not take my words for what they are we have nothing left to discuss. I'm just voicing my concerns of wanting my video games to be apolitical. It's your opinion that its a "vague" political tweet and that's fine. But not everyone thinks like you do.
That’s because understanding how other people are interpreting your words is really important. And I don’t think you’ve been reading either, because LITERALLY NOBODY SAID THIS MAKES THE GAME POLITICAL! The game’s PR has literally nothing to do with the game besides the brand name. Terraria is and always will be apolitical. The people who run the PR may not be. If you can’t play Terraria without thinking of this one post, I think it’s probably time for you to rethink your opinions.

Also
When I see the Terraria brand posting it, yea it makes it related to politics. Now when I search for Terraria news I can expect to occasionally get politics.
Unless you deliberately search this one post, no. It might pop up for the next few days or so because it’s recent, but it’ll be buried soon under other posts. This one post doesn’t make Terraria a political game or platform at all. Just move on, I guarantee you won’t care by the end of the week.

How? please explain? I have never said they should stop exercising their right. They can keep doing this if they want. Asking someone if they would stop being political isn't telling them to stop using their free speech. It's asking them to take your concerns into consideration. If I were trying to force them which I am not then I would agree with you. This is just me voicing my concerns of wanting something to be apolitical. Not forcing anything.
With respect, your opening post doesn't have a "please take my concerns into consideration" attitude to it. It's quite a bit more... aggressive... than that.

Either way, the entire purpose of this thread is you voicing your disapproval about Re-Logic making political statements on the Terraria Facebook page. If you didn't want to dissuade them from doing it in the future (or at the very least communicate that you, a paying customer, are unhappy with their conduct), you wouldn't have voiced your concerns about them, especially not on their official forums. You say that you're "merely voicing [your] concerns", but that's definitely not the feel I'm getting here.
Are you absolutely sure this is about Re-Logic taking a political stance and not about Re-Logic taking a specific political stance (as you heavily implied in your opening post)? It seems to me that if you searched for Terraria news and found something political, you could simply skip it if you weren't concerned with what political message said news was trying to convey.

You can keep telling me I shouldn't care about it and it's so small just ignore it and yea eventually I will. But that is very condescending of you to tell me what I should and should not care about.
You’re the one who’s ranting about something harmless that shouldn’t even bother anyone. I’ll let you think about that.

I can see your mind isn’t going to be changed, and quite frankly this entire discussion is pointless and idiotic. Almost all of your comments have been hypocritical or have shown your double standards, and you clearly aren’t going to accept what we’re saying. I’m done here.

coming from someone who knows my thoughts and assumes everything I think....... yea your opinion means nothing. Keep being condescending though.
omegalul

Exactly as I said. Double standards. You’re pretty funny, hope you have a nice day bud.

You say my opinion doesn’t matter, but when I say something even remotely similar I’m accused of assuming things and you call me despicable.

Like I said earlier, I’m done. This is degrading into a pointless slapfight and has zero reason to continue.

So a post reminding people to remember it's important to vote is political just because there is a video with obama on it
614VmsFwoNL._SX425_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom