Why Terraria should be the new Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
[DOUBLEPOST=1414097126][/DOUBLEPOST]Because it does not require 20gb RAM 200 core processor and 500 gb video card like minecraft
av-48446.png av-48446.png av-48446.png av-48446.png av-48446.png av-48446.png

Attachments

• av-48446.png
    av-48446.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 192
[DOUBLEPOST=1414097126][/DOUBLEPOST]Because it does not require 20gb RAM 200 core processor and 500 gb video card like minecraft

Minecraft runs on a potato. And I'm not even talking about PotatOS here. It runs in computers Terraria cannot run in because they're not compatible with XNA. Of course, if you mean a netbook or a laptop, then that may be the requirements, but using either to game is like using a spoon to break through an iron wall.

Yes, I'm a fan of Terraria, but that doesn't mean I won't correct common mistakes like this one...

So a while ago, Mojang was bought by Microsoft, and chances are (not saying it will) it may be abandoned in the future, so therefore the sandbox crown is waiting for its potential new owner.

My point is, I wanted to ask how much stuff is in each game so I can collectively create a chart with the help from the community (and possibly from the mods too).

Types include (# of):
Blocks
Tools (Including Weapons)
Armor Sets
Potions
Enemies
Friendly/Passive Mobs
Biomes
Bosses

Please don't include items that must be hacked to be obtained/placed, and remember: 3D isn't always a selling point! Thanks for your contributions! You will be credited.
What is the point of this chart? Who determines the 'crown', and of what importance is that anyway?

No one seems to be responding directly to the thread topic.The responses here are almost entirely of the variety "Terraria vs Minecraft", a topic that has never fared well and frequently devolved in to heated debate. There is already a thread on that topic in Adult Swim, the designated spot for potentially volatile discussions:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/why-is-terraria-better-than-minecraft.2926/

I'm going to lock this and redirect the discussion there. @Pro Superstar, if you want to PM me and explain the purpose of this chart, I'll reconsider allowing the topic to stand separately from the existing discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom