tModLoader Widgets

I am also having issues moving the widgets with the latest update. When I first encountered the issue I deleted my config files, which didn't help, then I loaded into singleplayer and I was able to move them again, and was able to move them while in multiplayer. I've been on all night without issue until recently when I came back from a break and noticed several of the widgets were in the wrong place, the only one that hadn't moved was the summon one, and I can't move them again. I tried going back to singleplayer but I can't move them there either.

I have the game in windowed mode, maximized to the screen, in game it reads as 1920 x 1017. My values in Debug Mode are 960, 509, 960, 508.

I'm using the 64 bit version of tModLoader v0.11.6.2

Widgets 1.5.1
Mounted Magic Mirrors 1.1.3.1
Shop Expander 1.1.2
Better Taxes 2.3.2
Cheat Sheet 0.6.4
OmniSwing 3.0.1
Fluid Library 1.0.5
Base Library 1.2.2
Container Library 1.0.9
Portable Storage 2.2.3
Mod Helpers 5.5.2
Legendaries+ 0.5.1
imkSushi's Mod 4.3.1
Spirit Mod 1.3.5.4
Max Stack Plus Extra 1.1.0.4
Wing Slot 1.7.3
HERO's Mod 0.3.3
Magic Storage 0.4.3.5
Recipe Browser 0.8.5.1
Thorium Mod 1.6.2.1
Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music) 1.4.4.1
Calamity Mod Music 1.4.4.1
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF) 2.6.2

EDIT: I just deleted my configs and loaded into singleplayer and I was able to move the widgets again.

Since I'm not encountering this Issue, I'll need more Information like your other Mods, your Resolution, maybe the Values in Debug Mode etc.
Same problem as fnaf g. Ive been using the same mods before and after the new widgets update and the mods that were updated only added/fixed stuff related to items not the hud or anything related to widgets. My resolution is 1366x705. The values in Debug mode are 683, 353, 683. 352

I am also having issues moving the widgets with the latest update. When I first encountered the issue I deleted my config files, which didn't help, then I loaded into singleplayer and I was able to move them again, and was able to move them while in multiplayer. I've been on all night without issue until recently when I came back from a break and noticed several of the widgets were in the wrong place, the only one that hadn't moved was the summon one, and I can't move them again. I tried going back to singleplayer but I can't move them there either.

I have the game in windowed mode, maximized to the screen, in game it reads as 1920 x 1017. My values in Debug Mode are 960, 509, 960, 508.

I'm using the 64 bit version of tModLoader v0.11.6.2

Widgets 1.5.1
Mounted Magic Mirrors 1.1.3.1
Shop Expander 1.1.2
Better Taxes 2.3.2
Cheat Sheet 0.6.4
OmniSwing 3.0.1
Fluid Library 1.0.5
Base Library 1.2.2
Container Library 1.0.9
Portable Storage 2.2.3
Mod Helpers 5.5.2
Legendaries+ 0.5.1
imkSushi's Mod 4.3.1
Spirit Mod 1.3.5.4
Max Stack Plus Extra 1.1.0.4
Wing Slot 1.7.3
HERO's Mod 0.3.3
Magic Storage 0.4.3.5
Recipe Browser 0.8.5.1
Thorium Mod 1.6.2.1
Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music) 1.4.4.1
Calamity Mod Music 1.4.4.1
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF) 2.6.2

EDIT: I just deleted my configs and loaded into singleplayer and I was able to move the widgets again.
I tested with your Mods on all Resolutions avaible to me with 32 bit and could't replicate the Issue, but the new Update might fix it.

I tested with your Mods on all Resolutions avaible to me with 32 bit and could't replicate the Issue, but the new Update might fix it.

Updated, no change. Tried going back to 32 bit, still not working. Is this intended to be used in windowed mode or fullscreen? Deleting the config files and going into singleplayer is still working as a temporary way to make changes to the widgets, but they inevitably move seemingly randomly and then can't be positioned.

Updated, no change. Tried going back to 32 bit, still not working. Is this intended to be used in windowed mode or fullscreen? Deleting the config files and going into singleplayer is still working as a temporary way to make changes to the widgets, but they inevitably move seemingly randomly and then can't be positioned.
It works in both windowed and Fullscreen for me. This is so weird. All the Issues seem to be related to unconventional Resolutions. I have an Idea what could work.

EDIT: So i testet it with the Resolution you mentioned, no Issues. Since you mentioned deleting the Configs worked, I changed the Location the File is saved in.

Last edited:
Latest update didn't work. Deleting the position config doesn't do anything, but deleting the main config and logging into a singleplayer world fixes it for a time. Haven't had a chance to play long enough to see if the positions get messed up eventually.

I apologize, but the widgets are now stuck in the middle, and as far as I can tell, the positioning widget doesn't work.

Last edited:
Latest update didn't work. Deleting the position config doesn't do anything, but deleting the main config and logging into a singleplayer world fixes it for a time. Haven't had a chance to play long enough to see if the positions get messed up eventually.
Thank you, this is helping me narrow it down.

I'm having the same issue. I play on Fullscreen, 1366x768. I can move the clock with the cursor, but trying to move it with the positioning widget just deselects it. Flight and Invincibility widgets are stuck and can't be moved/selected. I don't currently use the other widgets.
PS: After activating the minion and ammo widgets, everything started working fine.

Also, when I'm holding a non-ranged item, while in positioning mode, the ammo widget displays the item in my first slot.
And in pos mode, when you step on a spike, the inv widget gets bigger every time you're damaged by it, and only resets when you're damaged by another source of damage like an enemy.

I'm having the same issue. I play on Fullscreen, 1366x768. I can move the clock with the cursor, but trying to move it with the positioning widget just deselects it. Flight and Invincibility widgets are stuck and can't be moved/selected. I don't currently use the other widgets.
PS: After activating the minion and ammo widgets, everything started working fine.
Also, when I'm holding a non-ranged item, while in positioning mode, the ammo widget displays the item in my first slot.
And in pos mode, when you step on a spike, the inv widget gets bigger every time you're damaged by it, and only resets when you're damaged by another source of damage like an enemy.
Just tested, couldn't replicate. As for the first Issue, that should be fixed now.

Good to know that I didn't need to delete the whole config file. When I first start the game, or exit the game and relaunch it, when I open position mode I can click widgets but when I try to drag them the position widget shows they're starting at 0, 0 and changes numbers as if I was moving them from that point without actually moving the widgets. If I open the in-game config and turn on one of the widgets it fixes the positioning issue and the position widget numbers show correctly, with no issue if I then turn it back off.

Good to know that I didn't need to delete the whole config file. When I first start the game, or exit the game and relaunch it, when I open position mode I can click widgets but when I try to drag them the position widget shows they're starting at 0, 0 and changes numbers as if I was moving them from that point without actually moving the widgets. If I open the in-game config and turn on one of the widgets it fixes the positioning issue and the position widget numbers show correctly, with no issue if I then turn it back off.
That's with the newest Version?

Using newest version and turning on the minion widget made it to where the stuck widgets were able to be moved again. The only widget I had off was minion but idk if it has to do with any other widget or just specifically minion. I turned off the minion widget just now and I can still move all the stuck widgets.

before health widget update^
EDIT AFTER HEALTH UPDATE: Not able to move any of the widgets anymore even when i made all widgets show up.

Last edited:
Using newest version and turning on the minion widget made it to where the stuck widgets were able to be moved again. The only widget I had off was minion but idk if it has to do with any other widget or just specifically minion. I turned off the minion widget just now and I can still move all the stuck widgets.

before health widget update^
EDIT AFTER HEALTH UPDATE: Not able to move any of the widgets anymore even when i made all widgets show up.
I don't know anymore... I can't fix Bugs I can't replicate. Maybe reset your Configs?

How Am I Gonna Move The Widgets Like That And I Moved The Clock But I Can't Move The Others One Even On The Mod Options I Can't Move The Others

BUG: Positioning mode is completely broken in the Health Widget update. What I am using: Basic tModLoader v0.11.6 with no other installed mods. Only Widgets. I deleted all previous configs beforehand. I created a new world and a new character. I'll bind my positioning mode button to tab. When trying to drag and drop the different icons, the icons freeze in place and cannot be moved. This is a major problem as the Health Widget update resets all of the previous positions and it is difficult to generally gauge what coordinates correspond to a place on the screen. If you do not want to move the widgets pixel by pixel or attempt to guess where the widgets, you'll be out of luck.

BUG: Positioning mode is completely broken in the Health Widget update. What I am using: Basic tModLoader v0.11.6 with no other installed mods. Only Widgets. I deleted all previous configs beforehand. I created a new world and a new character. I'll bind my positioning mode button to tab. When trying to drag and drop the different icons, the icons freeze in place and cannot be moved. This is a major problem as the Health Widget update resets all of the previous positions and it is difficult to generally gauge what coordinates correspond to a place on the screen. If you do not want to move the widgets pixel by pixel or attempt to guess where the widgets, you'll be out of luck.
Unfortunately, I still don't have enough Information to fix this Bug. I'll just go back to how it was pre 1.5 until I find what causes it.
EDIT : Added a GitHub link for going back to a more stable Version.
EDIT 2 : So I was finally able to replicate the Issue playing on 1910 x 1048. I should have a Solution soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom