tModLoader Widgets

Graumen

Terrarian
icon.png

Direct Download
Open Source on GitHub

This Mod adds 12 fully customizable, informational Widgets.

Ammo Display

Shows your held Item's Ammo's Amount, Name, Rarity and Sprite. Only visible when the Item has Ammo.

ad.png

divider.png

Breath and Lava Immunity Bar

Represents your Breath and Lava Immunity. Replaces Vanilla Equivalent unless turned off.

blb.png
blb2.png

divider.png

Buff Display

Shows your current and maximum Amount of Buffs to the Right of your newest Buff.

divider.png

Flight Time Bar

Shows your Flight Time as a Bar and your Extra Jumps as a Number. The Bar also works with Jumps, most Mounts, Rocket Boots, and the Flying Carpet.

ftb.png
ftb2.png
ftb3.png

ftb4.png
ftb5.png

divider.png

Heal Display

Shows how much of the Heal of your best Healing Item you would get as a Percentage.
Only visible when a Healing Item can be used and the Percentage is >= the Percentage in the Config.

hdi.png

divider.png

Health Bar

Represents your Health. You can choose at what Percentage it appears.

hb.png

divider.png

Invincibility Time Bar

Represents your Invincibility Time.

itb.png

divider.png

Mana Display

Shows how many Uses of your held Item you have left before running out of Mana or shows your Mana as a Bar.

madi.png
mad.png

divider.png

Minion Display

Shows your current and maximum Amount of Minions.

mdi.png

divider.png

Positioning Widget

Moves the Widget you last clicked on in Positioning Mode by one Pixel (or continuously after a short Delay when holding a Button down)
in the respective Direction, including itself and shows the Widgets Coordinates.

pw.png

divider.png

Real Time Clock

Shows the real Time. You can choose between 12 Formats.

rtc.png

divider.png

Sentry Display

Shows your current and maximum Amount of Sentries.

sdi.png
divider.png

Positioning Mode

Press the Positioning Mode Hotkey(Settings >> Controls >> Keybindings >> Mod Controls >> Widgets: Positioning Mode) to activate Positioning Mode.
While active, position the Widgets by Dragging and/or with the Positioning Widget. Their Positions are automatically saved in a separate Config.

Widgets.png

v.1.14
  • Widgets can't overlap anymore unless moved via the Config
v.1.13
  • Widgets can be moved via the Config again
  • Widgets can't overlap in Positioning Mode anymore (WIP)
v.1.12.4
  • Added Option to show Mana as Bar
v.1.12.3
  • Fixed clinging to a Wall not resetting Flight Time Bar
  • Fixed a Bug causing Flight Time Bar and Invincibility Time Bar to not be paused while Game is paused
  • Fixed Flight Time Bar showing on first Jump after clinging to a Wall when Visibility is set to "Only in Flight, not on first Jump"
v.1.12
  • New Widget : Breath and Lava Immunity Bar : Represents your Breath and Lava Immunity. Replaces Vanilla Equivalent unless turned off
  • Visual Improvements
v.1.11.1
  • Added Option to turn off Vanilla Health and Mana Displays(Config >> Miscellaneous)
v.1.11.0.2
  • Fixed Backgrounds not being able to be turned off completely
v.1.11.0.1
  • Fixed a "Reverse Gradient" Bug causing the Color to be too bright for one Frame when End Color Hue is smaller than Start Color Hue
  • Fixed a Bug causing Rocket Boot Icon to show for one Frame instead of Carpet Icon
v.1.11
  • Complete visual Overhaul.
v.1.10.0.6
  • Fixed Saturation not working correctly with Bars
  • Visual Improvements
v.1.10.0.1
  • Fixed a severe Bug
v.1.10
  • New Widget : Heal Display : Shows how much of the Heal of your best Healing Item you will get when using it or Quick Heal, as a Percentage. Only visible when a Healing Item can be used and the Percentage is >= the Percentage in the Config
  • Icons for flying Carpet and Rocket Boots for Flight Time Bar
  • Option to show current and max Health/Mana as a Number when hovering over Health Bar/Mana Ammo Display
  • Flight Time Bar Visibility Option to not show Flight Time Bar on first Jump
  • Various visual Improvements
v.1.9.6
  • New Sprite for Invincibility Time Bar and Sentry Display
  • Various visual Improvements
v.1.9.5
  • Widgets now blink when selected. Can be customized.
  • Ammo Display, Positioning Widget and Real Time Clock now work with Alpha.
  • Fixed a Bug causing Widgets to move too much when clicking a Positioning Widget Button in quick Succession.
v.1.9.4
  • Bars now work with Alpha
  • Option to change Positioning Widget Button Delay
  • Widgets are deselected when turning them off
  • Fixed the Order the Widgets are drawn in
  • Fixed some minor Bugs
v.1.9.3.3
  • Fixed Flight Time Bar and Invincibility Time Bar not being able to be turned off
v.1.9.3.2
  • Fixed Widgets not working when Visibility is set to "Always"
v.1.9.3.1
  • Custom Sprite for Sentry Display
v.1.9.3
  • Button Repetition : Hold the Positioning Widgets' Buttons down to move a Widget continuously after a short Delay
  • Fixed a minor Bug
v.1.9.2.1
  • Fixed Gradients not working with Jumps
  • Text is Part of Flight Time Bar Hitbox now
v.1.9.2
  • Aviation Display is Flight Time Bar again. Flight Time Bar now works with Jumps and has the Option to show Extra Jumps. While Jumping or when an Extra Jump is ready, the Icon changes
  • Custom Sprite for Minion Display
  • Fixed some minor Bugs
v.1.9.1
  • All new Sprites for Aviation Display, Health Bar, Invincibility Time Bar and Mana Ammo Display
  • Fixed Sentry Display
  • Option to turn off the Icon for all Bars
  • Text is Part of the Hitbox for most Widgets now
  • Fixed some minor Bugs
v.1.9
  • New Widget : Sentry Display : Shows your current and maximum Amount of Sentries
  • Flight Time Bar replaced with Aviation Display : Retains Functionality of Flight Time Bar and also shows your additional Jumps as a Number
  • Fixed some minor Bugs
v.1.8.2
  • Flight Time Bar now works with the Flying Carpet
  • Fixed a Bug causing the Invincibility Time Bar to be too long
v.1.8.1
  • Fixed Widgets moving on their own
  • Fixed Widgets getting stuck when changing UI Scale when they are too close to the Edge of the Screen
  • Fixed Positioning Widgets' Buttons being clickable outside of Positioning Mode
  • Option to only show current Amount of Buffs
v.1.8.0.1
  • Fixed some Gradient Bugs
v.1.8.0
  • New Widget : Buff Display : Shows your current and maximum Amount of Buffs to the Right of your newest Buff
  • Better Gradients : No more Value Change when End Color doesn't Contain Start Color, Option to change Direction, Details on the Homepage
v.1.7.1
  • Widgets work with all UI Scales (again)
  • Widgets can't be dragged Offscreen anymore when UI Scale is over 100%
  • Resprited Everything
v.1.7.0
  • New Widget : Mana Ammo Display : Shows how many Uses of your Item you have left before running out of Mana. Only visible when the Item consumes Mana
  • Resprited Invincibility Time Bar
  • More Stability
v.1.6.3
  • Fixed a Bug causing the Game to crash when clicking a Positioning Widget Button without having a Widget selected
  • Fixed Widgets being selectable while clicking a Positioning Widget Button
  • Resprited Health and Flight Time Bar
v.1.6.2
  • High Quality Resizing for the Ammo Display
  • Resprited Health Bar
v.1.6.1
  • Resprited Health Bar
  • Fixed a Bug causing the Flight Time Bar to appear at the Start of a Fall without being able to fly
v.1.6.0.1
  • Fixed Widgets being stuck on some Resolutions
  • Fixed Widgets' Positions only updating when closing Positioning Mode after changing them in the Config
v.1.6.0
  • New Widget : Health Bar
  • Reworked Position saving again. Positions are now saved in a second Config. Positions are saved automatically. Widgets_Positions.json in ModLoader is now obsolete
  • Fixed a Bug causing weird Behavior when reloading the Mod after changing "Follow Player" for some Widgets
  • Fixed the selected Widget being dragable outside of Positioning Mode
  • Removed Debug Mode
v.1.5.4.1
  • Fixed a Bug causing some Widgets Positions to be reset when exiting and entering a World without exiting the Game inbetween
v.1.5.4
  • Completely reworked the Way Positions are saved and Widgets move to hopefully fix Widgets being immovable for Some
  • Config Option to increase Position Loading Time
v.1.5.3
  • Positions are now saved in ModLoader >> Widgets_Positions.json. You can keep your old Positions by copying or moving the old File there
  • Fixed a Bug causing the Flight Time Bar to show when summoning infinite Flight Mounts while standing
v.1.5.0
  • New Way of Saving Positions : Better Performance, more reliable and external. Make sure to close Positioning Mode before exiting the Game if you want your Positions to be saved. The File can be found under : ModLoader >> Widgets_Positions.json
  • Flight Time Bar now works with Mounts
  • Option to choose between 12 Formats for the Real Time Clock
  • Fixed a Bug causing the Invincibility Time Bar to become shorter and shorter when quickly entering and exiting a World
  • Fixed the Bug causing the Flight Time Bar to change Size when equipping/unequipping any Rocket Boots while in Flight again and forever
  • Maybe fixed a Bug causing weird Behavior at Resolutions greater than Full HD
  • Option to make Invincibility Time Bar always visible
v1.4.3
  • Fixed the Real Time Clock Background not being able to be turned off
v.1.4.0
  • New Widget : Real Time Clock
  • Invincibility Time Bar now works with all Invincibilitys
  • Debug Mode
  • Option to change Text Color of Positioning and Minion Utilization Widgets
  • Resprited Bars
  • Fixed a Bug causing Widgets to be able to be selected outside of Positioning Mode
v1.3.0
  • New Widget : Invincibility Time Bar
  • Gradient Bars
  • Positioning Widget can position itself now
  • Added Sound to the Positioning Widget's Buttons
  • Option to make Flight Time Bar always visible
  • Option to change Color of the Positioning Widget
v.1.2.0
  • New Widget : Positioning Widget
v.1.1.2
  • Fixed a Bug causing the Game to sometimes crash when entering a World
v.1.1.1
  • Widgets can't move Offscreen anymore
  • Now only one Widget can be dragged at a time
  • Sprite scales with Ammo Display again
  • Ammo Display can be made transparent again
  • Added Option to change the Sprite/Ammo Display Size Ratio
v.1.1.0
  • Positioning Mode
  • Widgets don't move anymore when turning on/off the Option to follow the Player
  • Resprited the Flight Time Bar
  • Minion Utilization Widget can now follow the Player
v.1.0.7
  • Flight Time Bar now works with any Rocket Boots
v.1.0.6
  • Fixed a Bug causing the Flight Time Bar to change Size when equipping/unequipping any Rocket Boots while in Flight
v.1.0.5
  • Fixed the Flight Time Bar sometimes showing up when on a Mount
v.1.0.4
  • Fixed a Bug causing Widgets to not update
v1.0.3
  • Added Config Option to change Ammo Display's Color​

Last edited:
This is a really cool mod. Is there any way you can change the transparency of some of the ui? I like being able to see the ammo and such but I want to see whats behind it. If not, can you add it to the mod and add it to the config?
Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying my mod! There's no such Option in Vanilla Terraria. Thanks to your request, I added a Config Option to change the Ammo Panel's Color. Change the Alpha Value to change the Transparency.

Hey so, is it possible to make the flight time bar like an enemy health bar, where it goes from green to red as it goes down? It's a small change, but one I'd just like to have the option for.

Hey so, is it possible to make the flight time bar like an enemy health bar, where it goes from green to red as it goes down? It's a small change, but one I'd just like to have the option for.
That's certanly possible. I was actually just thinking about doing that !

I really enjoy your mod but I have a few questions so far. Can you make a opinion where the flight timer is always visible even not in drag mode, and can you make mini map tab that's customizable in size and can zoom in and out just like the in-game mini map. These are just ideas, so if you don't want to, that's completely fine with me.

Utterly brilliant mod, and I thank you for it! <3 Now if only I could stop reading the mod name as "Midgets." ... but that sounds like my problem and no one else's. Huzzah.

Do you have any other plans for additional read-outs?

In fact, may I make a suggestion? You know the Rare Life-Form analyzer? Would it be possible for there to be an on-screen indicator for where it actually is relative to your character? For example, an arrow would extend away from you towards the direction the rare life-form is. That would be an amazing addition to the mod, above and beyond anything else I can really imagine.

That bound Goblin or Wizard is ridiculous to find sometimes. You think you're moving closer to them but you were actually moving farther away, and then they just despawn and you're filled with amazing amounts of regret. D:

I really enjoy your mod but I have a few questions so far. Can you make a opinion where the flight timer is always visible even not in drag mode, and can you make mini map tab that's customizable in size and can zoom in and out just like the in-game mini map. These are just ideas, so if you don't want to, that's completely fine with me.
Making the Flight Time Bar always visible is no Problem. A Minimap Widget will be difficult however. I'll see what I can do.

Utterly brilliant mod, and I thank you for it! <3 Now if only I could stop reading the mod name as "Midgets." ... but that sounds like my problem and no one else's. Huzzah.

Do you have any other plans for additional read-outs?

In fact, may I make a suggestion? You know the Rare Life-Form analyzer? Would it be possible for there to be an on-screen indicator for where it actually is relative to your character? For example, an arrow would extend away from you towards the direction the rare life-form is. That would be an amazing addition to the mod, above and beyond anything else I can really imagine.

That bound Goblin or Wizard is ridiculous to find sometimes. You think you're moving closer to them but you were actually moving farther away, and then they just despawn and you're filled with amazing amounts of regret. D:
Haha, thank you for the high Praise! I have huge Plans for more Widgets once the basic Mechanics are done. This is only the Beginning! I feel you on the bound NPCs. Making such an Indicator is definitely possible, though it won't be easy. I will implement some more basic Widgets first, like Health and Mana Bars.

Last edited:
Love everything you're doing with this mod, but just wanted to let you know of one bug I'm running into currently: any of the bars/widgets set to "follow player" are just moving around randomly from time to time. I ended up just setting all four (aside from the positioning widget) to not follow (which is fine since I'm not using Overhaul atm and my character is always at the dead center of the screen).

Cheers 🍻

Love everything you're doing with this mod, but just wanted to let you know of one bug I'm running into currently: any of the bars/widgets set to "follow player" are just moving around randomly from time to time. I ended up just setting all four (aside from the positioning widget) to not follow (which is fine since I'm not using Overhaul atm and my character is always at the dead center of the screen).

Cheers 🍻
Thank you for telling me and sorry for the Inconvenience. Could you describe the Issue in more Detail? I wasn't able to replicate it yet. What Resolution are you playing on? Unfortunately, I can only test up to full HD.

Playing on 2048x1152. I think all my other video op;tions (paralax, etc) should be default.

Basically I had positioned the flight timer bar, and with the update the invincibility bar, just above and just below my character, respectively, with the default "follow character" option for both set to "On". So, for instance, after updating to the latest version I hop in game, hit the hotkey I set to enter positioning mode, and then dragged both bars where I wanted them. Some 10-15 minutes later I notice they've both "migrated" a good 200-300 pixels to the right, probably offset a bit vertically too. So I'd hit the potioning mode key again, fix their location, and sure enough, after a bit, they've moved "by themselves" again. Rinse and repeat.

A couple things. One, two or three versions ago, after I set them in positioning mode, all the widgets would shift in a similar manner immediately when I exited positioning mode. That stopped happening a couple versions ago however ( I think the 1.2 update?). And, again as I said, everything is working just fine now as long as I don't have any of the widgets set to "follow player" (again, the option, ultimately, is kinda redudndant for me since I currently have the default terraria behavior of the center of the screen always being focused on my character, i.e. not using something like terraria overhauls camera shenanigans :redspin:).

Let me know if screen shots would be helpful...

Oh, also, no inconvenience, it's a great mod, thank you for your work on it, and I don't mind trying to do a little trouble shooting.

Playing on 2048x1152. I think all my other video op;tions (paralax, etc) should be default.

Basically I had positioned the flight timer bar, and with the update the invincibility bar, just above and just below my character, respectively, with the default "follow character" option for both set to "On". So, for instance, after updating to the latest version I hop in game, hit the hotkey I set to enter positioning mode, and then dragged both bars where I wanted them. Some 10-15 minutes later I notice they've both "migrated" a good 200-300 pixels to the right, probably offset a bit vertically too. So I'd hit the potioning mode key again, fix their location, and sure enough, after a bit, they've moved "by themselves" again. Rinse and repeat.

A couple things. One, two or three versions ago, after I set them in positioning mode, all the widgets would shift in a similar manner immediately when I exited positioning mode. That stopped happening a couple versions ago however ( I think the 1.2 update?). And, again as I said, everything is working just fine now as long as I don't have any of the widgets set to "follow player" (again, the option, ultimately, is kinda redudndant for me since I currently have the default terraria behavior of the center of the screen always being focused on my character, i.e. not using something like terraria overhauls camera shenanigans :redspin:).

Let me know if screen shots would be helpful...

Oh, also, no inconvenience, it's a great mod, thank you for your work on it, and I don't mind trying to do a little trouble shooting.
Thank you so much, this helps a lot! I suspect it's an Issue with the Resolution. I'll look into this more tomorrow. Screenshots won't be necessary, I'll release a new Version with a Debug Mode tomorrow. It would be great if you could tell me the Values it shows then.

Oh my god, better customization and an invincibility bar? You're working faster than I ever could! :dryadeek:

At this point the only one I'll never end up using is the summon widget, since Summoner's Association already adds that and a few other things related to summoning.

Back
Top Bottom