tModLoader Widgets

Well, it appears that you certainty have got your hands full. Some other things have happened since my last reply and I'm very confused. The main issue is that I am unable to move the Ammo Display, the Flight Time Bar, and the Health Bar from y0 and x0. It's not a UI problem as they are all clickable and everything else is normal, so I believe that the problem is that somehow something is repeatedly setting them to 0, 0. Another problem coincides with this in that whenever I change anything in the Mod Configuration > Widget Positions menu and I click save, nothing changes. This supports my theory that something is resetting them as if I change it a lot I can briefly see it flash between the two positions. I tried directly changing the positions in the Mod Configs > Widgets_Positions.json file which I believe your Mod Configuration changes but it also resets whenever I open terraria again.

Just tried 1.7 and can confirm the invincibility, minion, and clock widgets are not moveable in positioning mode for me. For reference I am at 110% UI. Also, this issue had been happening since 1.6.2? I think. I've been rolling back to 1.6.1 or 1.6.0 to play.
Try setting your UI to 100%, that worked for me. Otherwise, you might have the same problem as me.

Edit: I do appear to have solved both issues by resetting the Widgets: Config to default, but I am none the wiser as to what caused it.

Last edited:
The bug has got worse, now I can't use my items well in drag mode, I know you are working so, so hard to fix this and I wish I can help, but here's something cool.

I see "I support (insert mod here)" so I made this
20200420_201230_0000.png

The bug has got worse, now I can't use my items well in drag mode, I know you are working so, so hard to fix this and I wish I can help, but here's something cool.

I see "I support (insert mod here)" so I made this
View attachment 267811
That's a Shame, but I won't have Time to work on the Mod anymore for today. at least you can go back to the previous Version. Thank you for this, I'm gonna use it until I make my own Banner :dryadhappy:

EDIT : Can you use Items again with the newest Version?

Last edited:
That's a Shame, but I won't have Time to work on the Mod anymore for today. at least you can go back to the previous Version. Thank you for this, I'm gonna use it until I make my own Banner :dryadhappy:
Thanks, you can use it as much as you want, and how do I switch versions?

Try setting your UI to 100%, that worked for me. Otherwise, you might have the same problem as me.

Edit: I do appear to have solved both issues by resetting the Widgets: Config to default, but I am none the wiser as to what caused it.

Happy to report I tried TheBaconDude's suggestion: backed up the two config files I had for the mod and then started up again so I'd get clean config files and...everything works just as it's supposed to, right out of the box! No widgets position hopping, none of them being unclickable, and everything looks great 👍

Cheers! 🍻

ETA: just noting I previously had two config files for the mod, Widgets_Config.json and Widgets_Positions.json, where as deleting those and starting fresh I now only have the one, Widgets_Positions.json, so I'm guessing there may have been some kind of conflict there...

Last edited:
Happy to report I tried TheBaconDude's suggestion, backed up the two config files for the mod and then started up again so I'd get clean config files and...everything works just as it's supposed to, right out of the box 👍!

Cheers! 🍻
Great to hear! And I'm about to release a new major Update!

EDIT : Released!

Last edited:
Minor suggestion fodder for you: with the new buff count widget, would there be any possible way to segregate buffs and debuffs?

Great to hear! And I'm about to release a new major Update!

EDIT : Released!
Man, I'm Happy To See That You Have been Working So Hard On The Mod. I Haven't Been Experimenting Problems With The Mod, But Just The Fact That The Widgets Change Its Position While Playing For Me But It Doesn't Matter, Keep Going Man

Man, I'm Happy To See That You Have been Working So Hard On The Mod. I Haven't Been Experimenting Problems With The Mod, But Just The Fact That The Widgets Change Its Position While Playing For Me But It Doesn't Matter, Keep Going Man
I will, thank you!

ETA: just noting I previously had two config files for the mod, Widgets_Config.json and Widgets_Positions.json, where as deleting those and starting fresh I now only have the one, Widgets_Positions.json, so I'm guessing there may have been some kind of conflict there...

That's intended, Widgets_Config.json is created when clicking the "Save Config" Button, while Widgets_Positions.json is also created/overwritten when releasing the Left Mouse Button after clicking on a Widget.

Good mod. It was working perfectly until more recent updates. The only problem is repositioning widgets. I feel like this should be prioritized before adding new widgets. Since they wwill be all scrunched together otherwise. Just my honest opinion.

Good mod. It was working perfectly until more recent updates. The only problem is repositioning widgets. I feel like this should be prioritized before adding new widgets. Since they wwill be all scrunched together otherwise. Just my honest opinion.
What exactly is the Issue? What's the newest Update that works for you? I do prioritize repositioning the Widgets, It's working fine for me.

EDIT : I think I know what the Issue might be

Last edited:
I took a nice long break from terraria AND THE BUG IS GONE!

You have made a widget I never wanted, but now need. Sense you told my one time that you are low on ideas let my feed you two.

One people like Quality of Life mods so can you make it so then you can't see the max amount of buffs because mods cam make the max buffs super high.

Two would be your last priority if you consider my ideas but can you make it so then people can use there own images for the widgets, I just thot that would be a cool idea.

Keep up your awesome work.

I took a nice long break from terraria AND THE BUG IS GONE!

You have made a widget I never wanted, but now need. Sense you told my one time that you are low on ideas let my feed you two.

One people like Quality of Life mods so can you make it so then you can't see the max amount of buffs because mods cam make the max buffs super high.

Two would be your last priority if you consider my ideas but can you make it so then people can use there own images for the widgets, I just thot that would be a cool idea.

Keep up your awesome work.
Glad to hear that! Allright, I'll add the Option to only see the current amount of Buffs. I actually thought about the Second Suggestion, It's not a Priority, but I plan to add It. I've encountered some Bugs while doing a Playthrough, So I'll fix those before I add new Content.

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but my game freezes when i try to go to settings. It doesn't crash, it just kinda freezes like when you alt tab out of the game and you can still see the sprites kinda moving.

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but my game freezes when i try to go to settings. It doesn't crash, it just kinda freezes like when you alt tab out of the game and you can still see the sprites kinda moving.
I didn't have this Issue in all the Time I tested, are you sure It's an Issue with my Mod?

Glad to hear that! Allright, I'll add the Option to only see the current amount of Buffs. I actually thought about the Second Suggestion, It's not a Priority, but I plan to add It. I've encountered some Bugs while doing a Playthrough, So I'll fix those before I add new Content.
I am here to tell you more ideas so then you don't run out.

One can you make the flying carpet compatible with the flight timer widget.

Two can you make a jump bar that would have split sections depending on how many jumps you have and.

Three can you make timers for the widgets and here's how I think it should work, to have options to be on top or bottom of the bar of the widget or be on the widget icon, here is a example, I can fly for 10 seconds, the timer on the flight timer widget will countdown as long as I fly.

You might just might be wondering how health bar and maybe jump bar would work, the health bar would have your max and current health as the timer option, and for the jump bar, would be a counting number to tell you how many jumps are left.

That was a lot to take in so remember these are just ideas so if you don't want to that's completely fine with me.

I am here to tell you more ideas so then you don't run out.

One can you make the flying carpet compatible with the flight timer widget.

Two can you make a jump bar that would have split sections depending on how many jumps you have and.

Three can you make timers for the widgets and here's how I think it should work, to have options to be on top or bottom of the bar of the widget or be on the widget icon, here is a example, I can fly for 10 seconds, the timer on the flight timer widget will countdown as long as I fly.

You might just might be wondering how health bar and maybe jump bar would work, the health bar would have your max and current health as the timer option, and for the jump bar, would be a counting number to tell you how many jumps are left.

That was a lot to take in so remember these are just ideas so if you don't want to that's completely fine with me.
No, these are great Ideas, I was actually already planning to make the flying carpet compatible. I'll make sure to add all of Them.

Back
Top Bottom