tModLoader Widgets

It's been a awhile (again) and there is so many more improvements, except for the bug where widgets can randomly freeze in place, but I figured out what causes it! When you change the UI scaling, I know someone already said this and that's why I know but, if you delete the config file it fixes the issue, and then you have to redo all your settings, what if you want to change your UI scaling afterwards then you'll have a high likely Hood I'm running into the issue again. Edit: sometimes deleting the config file doesn't even work.

Love the "new" sprites and the "new" widget that is the breath meter, and the "new" options for widgets.
the reason I put new in quotation marks is because I haven't been up to date with your updates.
I'm excited for what you have planned for this mod, keep up the exquisite work 👌.

Last edited:
It's been a awhile (again) and there is so many more improvements, except for the bug or widgets can randomly freeze in place, but I figured out what causes it! When you change the UI scaling, I know someone already said this and that's why I know but, if you delete the config file it fixes the issue, and then you have to redo all your settings, what if you want to change your UI scaling afterwards then you'll have a high likely Hood I'm running into the issue again. Edit: sometimes deleting the config file doesn't even work.

Love the "new" sprites and the "new" widget that is the breath meter, and the "new" options for widgets.
the reason I put new in quotation marks is because I haven't been up to date with your updates.
I'm excited for what you have planned for this mod, keep up the exquisite work 👌.
Glad to see you again! I'll play around with UI Scaling and see if I can replicate that. They aren't exactly new anymore, I've been working on some other projects.

Hello, I am having trouble moving the widgets around on the screen. The positioning widget seems to do nothing except when I have the positioning widget itself selected; after clicking on a separate widget it seems to do nothing at all. I also cannot figure out how to use the positioning config as nothing is labled. Can I get some help with this?

Hello, I am having trouble moving the widgets around on the screen. The positioning widget seems to do nothing except when I have the positioning widget itself selected; after clicking on a separate widget it seems to do nothing at all. I also cannot figure out how to use the positioning config as nothing is labled. Can I get some help with this?
I'd need some more details. I'm not having this issue. It's probably a mod incompatibility issue. Does the issue occur when only using this mod? Does a previous version work? And the positioning config is only for storing positions.

Hey @Graumen. Im having a similar issue. I tried to figure out via github what might be the issue, i couldn't find anything sadly.

My guess: the issue might be with using custom steam paths. The positioning config doesn't seem to save anything to anywhere.
Leaving the world and rejoining resets all settings back to default. (edit.: any bar getting an status update - like taking damage and the hp bar lowering - resets positioning config too)

Unchecking e.G. "show breath" however works for some reason - the settings also persists.
Im testing with vanilla Terraria so theres no mod incompatibility. Tested with the newest mod / tmodloader version.

Last edited:
Hey @Graumen. Im having a similar issue. I tried to figure out via github what might be the issue, i couldn't find anything sadly.

My guess: the issue might be with using custom steam paths. The positioning config doesn't seem to save anything to anywhere.
Leaving the world and rejoining resets all settings back to default. (edit.: any bar getting an status update - like taking damage and the hp bar lowering - resets positioning config too)

Unchecking e.G. "show breath" however works for some reason - the settings also persists.
Im testing with vanilla Terraria so theres no mod incompatibility. Tested with the newest mod / tmodloader version.
Thank you, this is very helpful. I will look into this.

EDIT : Did the latest update fix the issue?

Last edited:
I'm always annoyed that the HP always has a number that keeps track of your HP, but not the Mana, can you add the number that keeps track of how much Mana you have and what your max Mana is under the word manna, and have a config option if you want to move it around, same for hp counter. You can hover your cursor over your HP and your mana to see your current and your Max, so that info might help with programming.
Keep up the creative work 👌.

Last edited:
I'm really glad I can see the invincibility time, wing time and the mana usage value.
It's useful with content mods. :)

I'm having trouble with moving widgets, I was able to use the pos widget to move the sentry widget but I can't do the same for the summons widget nor the pos widget itself, also manually changing the coordinates in the config never saves either.

I think that the reason I can move the sentries widget and nothing else is because the sentries widget, being last on the list, is on top of everything. Maybe making positioning widget first on the list? Maybe?

I'm having trouble with moving widgets, I was able to use the pos widget to move the sentry widget but I can't do the same for the summons widget nor the pos widget itself, also manually changing the coordinates in the config never saves either.

I think that the reason I can move the sentries widget and nothing else is because the sentries widget, being last on the list, is on top of everything. Maybe making positioning widget first on the list? Maybe?
Sadly it's a glitch that's been going on for a long time, Graumen is trying really hard to fix it, for now we can be patient and give are support.

I think that the reason I can move the sentries widget and nothing else is because the sentries widget, being last on the list, is on top of everything.
Well, in that case, everyone would have this issue. I for one don't, and i believe neither does the majority. Mod incompatibility doesn't seem to be the issue either, so it must be something external. Latest update should rule out file location being the cause, so now I hope someone can give me a new lead.

Well, in that case, everyone would have this issue. I for one don't, and i believe neither does the majority. Mod incompatibility doesn't seem to be the issue either, so it must be something external. Latest update should rule out file location being the cause, so now I hope someone can give me a new lead.
Maybe it has to do with the download, I don't know if this can happen in Terraria but for The Binding of Isaac there's this big mod where the new floors don't work for some people including me.

Back
Top Bottom