tModLoader Widgets

Well, in that case, everyone would have this issue. I for one don't, and i believe neither does the majority. Mod incompatibility doesn't seem to be the issue either, so it must be something external. Latest update should rule out file location being the cause, so now I hope someone can give me a new lead.
Any new updates on this issue? Im experiencing it as well. It looks like all of the icons are stacked on top of each other right where the positioning widget shows up, making me unable to click on any of them except for the sentry indicator. For me, though, they are all in the center left of the screen, not the far top left. I've also noticed that even when I change the positions directly in the positions config menu, it never sticks, and all the widgets remain where they were, with the settings reverting to default. I am not much of a modder, but Id be happy to help however I can with logs or screenshots.

Any new updates on this issue? Im experiencing it as well. It looks like all of the icons are stacked on top of each other right where the positioning widget shows up, making me unable to click on any of them except for the sentry indicator. For me, though, they are all in the center left of the screen, not the far top left. I've also noticed that even when I change the positions directly in the positions config menu, it never sticks, and all the widgets remain where they were, with the settings reverting to default. I am not much of a modder, but Id be happy to help however I can with logs or screenshots.
None so far. Those are just the default positions. The config is just meant for saving the positions. Your "client.log" as well as your "enabled.json" files might give me some insight into the issue.

i'm using the this mod and im in the positioning mode, i can only move the time, sentries, and invincibility time widget, can anyone help please?

Bit of a potential work around that I feel could help alot of people out, what if the positioning widget was moveable? Moving the Sentry Widget with positioning mode seems to work just fine, so if all the other widgets were reachable we could move them just fine that way. Also, whenever I use the positioning config settings at the main menu it saves but resets whenever I join a world. No idea if that's useful info, but if there's anyway I can help troubleshoot let me know.

Bit of a potential work around that I feel could help alot of people out, what if the positioning widget was moveable? Moving the Sentry Widget with positioning mode seems to work just fine, so if all the other widgets were reachable we could move them just fine that way. Also, whenever I use the positioning config settings at the main menu it saves but resets whenever I join a world. No idea if that's useful info, but if there's anyway I can help troubleshoot let me know.
The positioning widget is moveable... At least for me. The config is just for saving the positions, not editing them. I've tried everything I could think of, now I'm just waiting for 1.4.

The positioning widget is moveable... At least for me. The config is just for saving the positions, not editing them. I've tried everything I could think of, now I'm just waiting for 1.4.

I'm not able to move the positioning widget using position mode, but I was able to move all the other widgets by editing the config file using wordpad. I just gave all the widgets random positions and can move them wherever I want now.

Edit: Just double checked, I can in fact move the positioning widget now.

I don't know what the issue is with the positioning widget. It's literally the only one that constantly breaks. Honestly, I would recommend ripping it out and not replacing it.

Last edited:
SO I figured out a solution!
If you download a new .json from someone who has their widgets set up already it will replace the stuck widgets.
1. Enter your Terraria file.
2. ModLoader (If using)
3. Mod Configs
4. Locate your Widgets_Config and Widgets_Positioning
5. Once you have those located you can Delete and replace them with a new Config and Positioning file that has the Widgets in a desired location.

My Widgets are under my character and on the upper left. Though I'm sure you'll be able to move them if you use mine! This isn't the best solution but it is a solution.

Attachments

• Widgets_Config.json
    105 bytes · Views: 126
  • Widgets_Positions.json
    235 bytes · Views: 114
SO I figured out a solution!
If you download a new .json from someone who has their widgets set up already it will replace the stuck widgets.
1. Enter your Terraria file.
2. ModLoader (If using)
3. Mod Configs
4. Locate your Widgets_Config and Widgets_Positioning
5. Once you have those located you can Delete and replace them with a new Config and Positioning file that has the Widgets in a desired location.

My Widgets are under my character and on the upper left. Though I'm sure you'll be able to move them if you use mine! This isn't the best solution but it is a solution.
Is the widgets position always movable when we do this? Or at some point they will be stuck too?
Can we replace the files every time to get the widgets moveable again?

I can't move the widgets and they do not follow player if that is enabled. They are all stuck in one position on the screen. I can only move the actual positioning tool. Also is there a possible way to have the minion and sentry widgets in your equipment area of the inventory and not visible when playing? Thanks! Great mod if it would work for me lol!

I found a bug where the bars move when you're in the world's border. If you want to replicate it, go to a border and use the rod of discord. Although the bars moved even without me using the RoD.

I found a bug where the bars move when you're in the world's border. If you want to replicate it, go to a border and use the rod of discord. Although the bars moved even without me using the RoD.
You mean where they follow the Player ? That's intended. You can turn it off in the Config.

I have a problem with this mod. Whenever I click the left mouse button, the game freezes for half a second, and if I hold the left mouse button, then the game only freezes when letting the button go. This happens with this mod exactly. How to fix?

I have a problem with this mod. Whenever I click the left mouse button, the game freezes for half a second, and if I hold the left mouse button, then the game only freezes when letting the button go. This happens with this mod exactly. How to fix?
I don't have this problem. Can you give me more details ?

I don't have this problem. Can you give me more details ?
Windows 7, TModLoader 64-bit. I cannot play the original 32-bit version because some of the XNA files are corrupted so there's no sound in 32-bit. I have no idea why it happens, I'm not much into technical stuff.

Windows 7, TModLoader 64-bit. I cannot play the original 32-bit version because some of the XNA files are corrupted so there's no sound in 32-bit. I have no idea why it happens, I'm not much into technical stuff.
Sorry, I can't provide support for the 64-bit version.

So I've been having a pretty devastating issue with this mod. When I downloaded it, I thought it would be a cool thing to have. I soon realized I don't really need it and it only got in the way most the time. After disabling the mod my HP and mana bars COMPLETELY disappeared. This only happens with my inventory closed. When its opened though, it still shows my bars. I realized after re-enabling it that this mod makes your original HP and mana bars invisible to be replaced by their own. Enabling the "Show vanilla HP and mana bars" setting only shows THEIR version of it. I've been using Unleveled with this mod and didn't even notice it was being replaced. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling tmodloader, I tried verifying the game files, I tried restarting my pc, I tried countless combination of the three, the only thing I havent tried and DO NOT want to do is turning off steam cloud, deleting all the mods from my folder, uninstalling tmodloader, and reinstalling it. This would completely wipe all the tmodloader data I have. I'm pretty sure this would work, but I think its stupid to clear all my data because 1 mod I installed basically screwed me over. The only fix I've come up with is to just keep the mod enabled, and keep all the widgets themselves turned off.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue or has the same issue as me id love to hear it.

With inventory open:
1627689805015.png

With inventory closed:
1627689808263.png

Sooooooo Update:
The one thing I DIDNT try (and probably the most obvious thing) was disabling unleveled. That fixed the issue, so I think unleveled and widgets have some sort of compatibility issue. Ill leave this up for whoever has the same exact issue in the future and for some reason is as dumb as I am

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom