Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to sound negative, I'm enjoying the new additions so far, it's just unsettling to find so many issues on day one of the update when presumably someone reviewed all the bug reports in the last version and intended to address them.

I'm available to bug test on the next PS4 version if need be.
Ah don't tell me you have found any significant bugs already. It was said they would fix as many bugs as possible. At least the most common and annoying ones
Actually, Hold that thought
[doublepost=1465675318,1465675155][/doublepost]
Don't know where the bug report section is, so if anyone knows could they forward on these bugs I've found for the Vita edition so far (this list will expand until I can forward them myself to the bug report section for the latest update)
All below are for the PSVita version
Major:
Major slowdown near friendly NPCs. 4 friendly NPCs were enough to cause the game to drop from >45 to <15 fps. Game tries to compensate by putting the game in 'slow-mo' when moving away from NPCs
Minor:
Tiki Torch animated fire slightly offset from static orange fire
Cannot press the "take all from chest" icon when in a storage inventory. Tapping the icon instead selects the "put all in inventory" icon
Gravity seems off, everything is rather floaty compared to before.
Chests generated in the world give silver & gold ingots, irrespective of what your world generated with (was this fixed in PC 1.3 or pc1.2.4? Correct me if I'm wrong)
Living tree tunnels and the main tunnel into the dungeon still generate with normal blocks in place of the living wood/ dungeon bricks
I was killed by a zombie (the pincushion zombie), death message said I was ripped to shreds by a mallard duck. I'm not complaining about this one, I almost want it to be a feature
Tombstone wouldn't place after death, even if it fell on a flat, empty line of blocks
The colour of some parts of the messages during loading, has changed (is this a bug?)
If zoomed out to max, unloaded chunks can be seen at a certain distance from it at the edge of the screen
PC version has always had a script to only generate duplicate items in floating islands only once one of each type of unique item has been generated. This is not the case in the vita version. 1 large world, 5 floating islands, 4 lucky horseshoes and a balloon. No starfury
And they said they would fix as many bugs as possible but now there is this long list of bugs, I haven't even gotten the update yet.
Why do I get the weird feeling that I have been lied to. ;(

Man, still no improvement to split screen zoom for the 360? Guess i still won't be able to play with my wife--everything is too freaking small. That sucks.

Does the XBox One give you variable zoom in split screen, or is there some preset? I might have to consider that, though getting an XBox One wasn't something I wanted at the moment.

For the 360, too many things are just unreadable or impossible to distinguish when on splitscreen, which is a bummer as it's the main reason I got the game--to play with my wife. Really wish they'd either provide a Zoom in splitscreen--just a few pre-sets would be fine, it doesn't have to be variable. I'd be happy to lose some horizontal space in order to get bigger sprites and items.

where do you see the celestial shell?
Maybe he saw something that looked similar and assumed it was the celestial shell, you shouldn't be able to get any 1.3 items yet, and I don't think you could hack it in either. Its not like the same thing that happened to the SDMG will happen to the celestial shell
[doublepost=1465675884,1465675844][/doublepost]
Does the XBox One give you variable zoom in split screen, or is there some preset? I might have to consider that, though getting an XBox One wasn't something I wanted at the moment.

For the 360, too many things are just unreadable or impossible to distinguish when on splitscreen, which is a bummer as it's the main reason I got the game--to play with my wife. Really wish they'd either provide a Zoom in splitscreen--just a few pre-sets would be fine, it doesn't have to be variable. I'd be happy to lose some horizontal space in order to get bigger sprites and items.
You can zoom in on Xbox One. I have Xbox One

it seams like to me we have some items/small features from 1.3 to me like the celestial shell, restock, quick stack, wall auto-fill and I think the dye-able accessory's.

Quick stack has been around for a while now

Restock is definitely new

Celestial Shell is a 1.3 addition, wonder what else they've included/brought forward :O

Wall auto fill is part of the Smart cursor and I think should have been part of 1.2.4 as standard as per Features and Mechanics update of 1.2.4

Dyeable accessories was part of 1.2.3 on PC from what I've read

Have you found any other 1.3 items added in yet?

Quick stack has been around for a while now

Restock is definitely new

Celestial Shell is a 1.3 addition, wonder what else they've included/brought forward :O

Wall auto fill is part of the Smart cursor and I think should have been part of 1.2.4 as standard as per Features and Mechanics update of 1.2.4

Dyeable accessories was part of 1.2.3 on PC from what I've read

Have you found any other 1.3 items added in yet?
I may sound stupid here but what is restock, or for that matter what does it mean in terraria

Ok it seems this is a 1.3 feature, probably added because its useful so why not add it earlier than it should be added:)

Probably as a taster because of how long they've had 1.2.4 in development for

WAIT 505 SAID THE REST OF 1.2.4 IS COMEING OUT JUNE 17
[doublepost=1465676506,1465676435][/doublepost]i hope they make acsseserys dyeable on consoles

PS3/4/Vita got early release

Xbox 360/one had one last issue according to one of the developers

According to Deanzor
"The Xbox 360 patch will likely sub later on today, so we're just talking about the cert time at Microsoft on that one. Two weeks is the worst case, but we have to plan to that.

The Xbox One patch still has a single issue, my feeling is that goes Monday best case but in games development you never truly know until the minute you sub it..."

Source: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/any-news-on-upcoming-updates.44789/

The celestial shell was not present in the last update,

for who do not know moon stone + sun stone is celestial stone,

moon charm + Neptune shell is moon shell,

moonshell + celestial stone is celestial shell, plz see if this is really the celestial shell item,

it should:buff you at night, buff tyo in the daytime, turn you into a werewolf at night, and turn you into a mereman in water

Celestial Shell is NOT in PS4 yet (that would be awesome though since it stacks with Celestial Emblem)

Is restock supposed to complete a stack in your inventory (convenient) or take as much as possible, filling up your inventory? (what it does)
E.G. imagine you have a chest full of gel. Your inventory has 1 gel. Pressing restock will NOT give you 998 gel, completing the stack -- it will SPAM your inventory with gel making it counter-intuitive. I haven't played PC version so I don't know if things are supposed to work intuitively or not.

Ah don't tell me you have found any significant bugs already. It was said they would fix as many bugs as possible.

So far I've reported issues that were already in the last version:
pixel gap between characters' torso and legs on character screen
grasshoppers immune to player damage
familiar clothes load previously used character's colors
hardmode furnaces don't animate

and some new ones
Gravity force was lowered
While standing still and holding a wire tool, pressing the grapple button plays the sound with no effect
with no direction input, wirecutters swing in all directions, even behind the player (unlike other melees with no directional input) but this might be the behavior in PC?
Pirates spawned from Pirate Staff float in the air

Thankfully they fixed the major ones:
Fall damage x 10
Palm trees aren't cultivatable
Limited mount of concurrent sounds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom