Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been pointed out many times - the console manufacturers largely determine the price of games on their platforms, not the developers or publishers. They make their comparisons based on other games on their platforms, not what it sells for on Steam.

I know that... I was making a comparison between Valve's ~40% (last I read) cut and Nintendo's 250% price hike. People complain that Steam rips developers off, while Nintendo's ripping customers off by a much higher margin.

I know that... I was making a comparison between Valve's ~40% (last I read) cut and Nintendo's 250% price hike. People complain that Steam rips developers off, while Nintendo's ripping customers off by a much higher margin.
still not even close to as bad as the insane price of angry birds on consoles

Man, still no improvement to split screen zoom for the 360? Guess i still won't be able to play with my wife--everything is too freaking small. That sucks.

Man, still no improvement to split screen zoom for the 360? Guess i still won't be able to play with my wife--everything is too freaking small. That sucks.
Just give it some time and you'll get used to it. Otherwise, get the Xbox One version (if you can afford it). Keep in mind that the Console Devs are trying their best to satisfy many player needs as possible right now, preferring some over others. :)

Awesome update, thank you very much. The only thing is on ps4 I am able to zoom in but my wife isn't. We can't play together like this and it's a shame. We've been so hyped up all day to play as well.

Don't know where the bug report section is, so if anyone knows could they forward on these bugs I've found for the Vita edition so far (this list will expand until I can forward them myself to the bug report section for the latest update)
All below are for the PSVita version
Major:
Major slowdown near friendly NPCs. 4 friendly NPCs were enough to cause the game to drop from >45 to <15 fps. Game tries to compensate by putting the game in 'slow-mo' when moving away from NPCs
Minor:
Tiki Torch animated fire slightly offset from static orange fire
Cannot press the "take all from chest" icon when in a storage inventory. Tapping the icon instead selects the "put all in inventory" icon
Gravity seems off, everything is rather floaty compared to before.
Chests generated in the world give silver & gold ingots, irrespective of what your world generated with (was this fixed in PC 1.3 or pc1.2.4? Correct me if I'm wrong)
Living tree tunnels and the main tunnel into the dungeon still generate with normal blocks in place of the living wood/ dungeon bricks
I was killed by a zombie (the pincushion zombie), death message said I was ripped to shreds by a mallard duck. I'm not complaining about this one, I almost want it to be a feature
Tombstone wouldn't place after death, even if it fell on a flat, empty line of blocks
The colour of some parts of the messages during loading, has changed (is this a bug?)
If zoomed out to max, unloaded chunks can be seen at a certain distance from it at the edge of the screen
PC version has always had a script to only generate duplicate items in floating islands only once one of each type of unique item has been generated. This is not the case in the vita version. 1 large world, 5 floating islands, 4 lucky horseshoes and a balloon. No starfury

Don't know where the bug report section is, so if anyone knows could they forward on these bugs I've found for the Vita edition so far (this list will expand until I can forward them myself to the bug report section for the latest update)
All below are for the PSVita version
Major:
Major slowdown near friendly NPCs. 4 friendly NPCs were enough to cause the game to drop from >45 to <15 fps. Game tries to compensate by putting the game in 'slow-mo' when moving away from NPCs
Minor:
Tiki Torch animated fire slightly offset from static orange fire
Cannot press the "take all from chest" icon when in a storage inventory. Tapping the icon instead selects the "put all in inventory" icon
Gravity seems off, everything is rather floaty compared to before.
Chests generated in the world give silver & gold ingots, irrespective of what your world generated with (was this fixed in PC 1.3 or pc1.2.4? Correct me if I'm wrong)
Living tree tunnels and the main tunnel into the dungeon still generate with normal blocks in place of the living wood/ dungeon bricks
I was killed by a zombie (the pincushion zombie), death message said I was ripped to shreds by a mallard duck. I'm not complaining about this one, I almost want it to be a feature
Tombstone wouldn't place after death, even if it fell on a flat, empty line of blocks
The colour of some parts of the messages during loading, has changed (is this a bug?)
If zoomed out to max, unloaded chunks can be seen at a certain distance from it at the edge of the screen
PC version has always had a script to only generate duplicate items in floating islands only once one of each type of unique item has been generated. This is not the case in the vita version. 1 large world, 5 floating islands, 4 lucky horseshoes and a balloon. No starfury
I the host can use the auto stack all but other people that join can't use it.
Definitelyfile a bug report in the appropriatethread and directly with 505.
So is that bloodroot bug patched?!:nymph: Please reply!
I believe that was patched in the previous update?? They're still rare.

can't tell if I am impressed with how many bugs and stuff they fixed, or dissapointed with how many bugs got through in the first place, lets just hope bugs don't accompany the "new content"........

I started a new playthrough yesterday in preperation for pt 2 of 1.2.4, found the Boreal armor texture bug after 5 mins in, checked forum bug posts to see if it had been reported and it has, but I didn't see anything in this post to say it had been fixed.....

Has it?

Sorry if I missed it if it's mentioned that it's fixed somewhere else :)

oh, good to see we're finally caught up to 1.2.4, i'll check out the update next chance i get.

i saw something about "cross save" for PS users on that list... does that mean, if i get the ps4 version, i can bring over all of my characters and worlds to that version?

cause if so, i'd be less hesitant about moving to ps4 terraria... i just don't wanna start all over.

Really? I wish I had a Ps3/Ps4 instead of an Xbox... Gonna wait for 1.2.4 then that will probably arrive in late July. And of course 1.3 in late 2017.

Reactions:
it seams like to me we have some items/small features from 1.3 to me like the celestial shell, restock, quick stack, wall auto-fill and I think the dye-able accessory's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom