Wii U Update and 3DS News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please explain what this actually means:

"This version will still be able to play online, so you can continue to enjoy it as long as you’re gaming on the Wii U platform."

If I'm still gaming on my Wii U two years from now, will I be able to play online? Or are you saying that you will shut down online for Wii U when NX releases in perhaps only six months?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking about giving Terraria Wii U as a gift to a friend but then I want to make sure that we can play online for some time to come.

I'd doubt that as not even Microsoft or Playstation shuts down their servers for online on old consoles. PS3 is still up. Xbox360 servers are still up too. I think they mean having the game as is won't cause any issues when 1.2.4 hits for WiiU. It just won't get 1.3

Is it possible a DLC with these options?
a DLC that allows to access to the next content:

-Character difficulty.
Normal (Standard option on 3ds); When you die, you drop money.
Hard; If you die, drop all your items and equipment.
Hardcore; if you die, character can't rebirth.

-Create a new map and modify the size.
-Multiplayer online.

Everything compatible on old Nintendo 3ds and 2ds.

Thanks for your support

-Character difficulty.

-Multiplayer online.

Thanks for your support
They'll add what they can, they don't wanna make the game unplayable plus the n3ds is more powerful than the old 3ds so it can handle more.

I think is unfair. I spent $600 MXN ( in USA the cost is $20 USD)and is unworthy . 3ds version is the most expensive compared to other consoles and doesn't have the same content, even the PS Vita version surpasses it . It is really poor and I'm disappointed about it.

And now you are telling me in order to get new content, is necessary buy a New 3ds.

How could be possible that an 8 bits game can't be played and updated on old 3ds.

Fantasy life is a game with more specification and was updated with new maps, new multiplayer online and more options. Old 3ds can support these new options.

Last edited:
I think that is unfair. I spent $600 MXN ( in USA the cost is 20 USD)and is unworthy . 3ds version is the most expensive compared to other consoles and doesn't have the same content, even the PS Vita version surpasses it . It is really poor and I'm disappointed about it.
Well a part of the money has to go to Nintendo since they published the game on the eshop, and everyone else who made the game, the devs need their paychecks.

I think is unfair. I spent $600 MXN ( in USA the cost is $20 USD)and is unworthy . 3ds version is the most expensive compared to other consoles and doesn't have the same content, even the PS Vita version surpasses it . It is really poor and I'm disappointed about it.

And now you are telling me in order to get new content, is necessary buy a New 3ds.

How could be possible that an 8 bits game can't be played and updated on old 3ds.

Fantasy life is a game with more specification and was updated with new maps, new multiplayer online and more options. Old 3ds can support these new options.
Just because Terraria does not have 'realistic' graphics, that does not mean it's not hard to run. Terraria works by loading everything into memory (RAM) at once, meaning as the game has more content, more RAM is required to run it. Lots of devices, including the old 3DS simply don't have enough RAM to load such a large amount of stuff at once.
'Streaming', a process of loading things when they're needed rather than all at once, is what many games do to reduce the RAM usage. Sadly, it's not possible to impliment streaming in the Terraria engine - it just wasn't built that way.
The exact same issue has happened to old generation consoles (Xbox 360, ps3, ps vita) meaning that they have been left behind the new generation consoles (xbox one, ps4).
Wii U is not getting much more aswell for the same reasons.

tl;dr - There's not enough RAM for Terraria.

It's possible that N3DSXL version could surpass the PSVita version. Also, Terraria takes up a lot of RAM. The whole world is loaded at once, not just chunks. And, you don't have to get New 3DS just to enjoy Terraria.

All in all, like the others said, "8 bit graphics" means nothing in terms of how the game runs. RAM means everything here, and the old 3ds has very very little RAM, it's surprising that it can even play Terraria in the first place.

I also agree that it would be nice to have difficulty settings, but you cannot have a "World size" option on the old 3ds due to, again, RAM issues.

The price of the game doesn't determine it's contents, you can blame Nintendo for that if you want since they were responsible for the price increase, not 505 games.

As for online multiplayer, who knows what will happen there. But for now, they are working on fixing the issues the game has first.
[doublepost=1473014386,1473014105][/doublepost]The old 3ds is still get content, so far it is just the "larger worlds" that the New 3ds is getting. No news on whether the new 3ds will get more things that the old 3ds won't.

-Character difficulty.

-Multiplayer online.

Thanks for your support
dlc for multiplayer...
NOPE!!!

So pumped for Our newest update!I bet it'll be worth the wait!Haha!What am I saying?Of course it is!New World Size?Geez!I actually thought we'd never have that option!Becuase I'm running out of Space to build in my Main World...I mean I guess I can use the Sky...?Anyhoo,This is big!For 3DS anyway...(And N3DS of course)...I do like the idea of Acorns growing pretty much anywhere Besides grass...I farm Lumber for Building...Borreal,Mahogany,Pearlwood,Wood,Shadewood,Ebonwood,Palm,You name it!

I have an old 3DS XL and a 2DS
[doublepost=1473218806,1473218748][/doublepost]Please add the option: Character Difficulty

I'm not sure this is so valuable on the 3DS. Without online multiplayer, the point of this diluted. What do others think?

Also, if you died in a single player game while on Hardcore, what would you expect to happen? Game over screen, character perma-deleted, back to the title screen?

I'm not sure this is so valuable on the 3DS. Without online multiplayer, the point of this diluted. What do others think?

Also, if you died in a single player game while on Hardcore, what would you expect to happen? Game over screen, character perma-deleted, back to the title screen?
Surely the same as the PC version?
easy - coins dropped (current ds)
normal - items dropped
hard - player becomes a ghost that can clip through blocks and fly around, but has no inventory and cannot interact with anything.

Surely the same as the PC version?
easy - coins dropped (current ds)
normal - items dropped
hard - player becomes a ghost that can clip through blocks and fly around, but has no inventory and cannot interact with anything.

But what is the point of the ghost gameplay in single player? Just to have one last look around before you're dead forever?

And re: dropping stuff - there's no risk there if there's nobody else to pick your stuff up?

But what is the point of the ghost gameplay in single player? Just to have one last look around before you're dead forever?

And re: dropping stuff - there's no risk there if there's nobody else to pick your stuff up?
I'm just stating what already exists in the PC version.
I guess that the idea of ghosts is so that the character isn't just 'gone' and you can look around the world or whatever. IMO it's a bit nicer than just abruptly quitting. (The ghost also appears where you died, not at spawn).
For dropping stuff, yeah, it's fairly pointless, and I don't think many people play on that gamemode. The only time it's really bad is if you die in lava.

It would just seem to make sense to me that the different versions are as similar as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom