Wii U Update and 3DS News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy is basically what most people play.

Medium is essentially what Minecraft does (the challenge being in having to get back to your gear if its in a dangerous spot)

Hardcore is permadeath.....the ghost mode is just there as @darthmorf said: to give you one last look around before you reroll and start anew.

To me, its about how hard/easy it would be to add this. If it's not bad workload wise....then why not, I suppose? That said, the mode that is the default now is likely what 90%+ play, even on PC.

I would be happy if 1.04 would be just a 'stop crashing' update and Quick (like last month).
The whole new Stuff and bug fixes can come in 1.05.
I like new Stuff, but i give a f*ck when i can't play it stable!

Except that the "find and fix the crashes" is what takes the longest. If they had been easy to see and replicate and find, they would have already been fixed. ;)

But what is the point of the ghost gameplay in single player? Just to have one last look around before you're dead forever?

And re: dropping stuff - there's no risk there if there's nobody else to pick your stuff up?
[doublepost=1473285807,1473285769][/doublepost]Where's the mp is it even possible

Expert mode requires 1.3, though.

ohh I didn't know.

but I'm happy with what was announced already, the bug and crash fixes + bigger New 3DS worlds

anyway, as far as a future content update goes, anything bringing us closer to full 1.2.4 would be just perfect in my opinion and if we got all of 1.2.4 I would be fully satisfied with the 3DS Terraria ;)

But what is the point of the ghost gameplay in single player? Just to have one last look around before you're dead forever?

And re: dropping stuff - there's no risk there if there's nobody else to pick your stuff up?
If you play console or PC single player, there's no risk then.

Easy is basically what most people play.

Medium is essentially what Minecraft does (the challenge being in having to get back to your gear if its in a dangerous spot)

Hardcore is permadeath.....the ghost mode is just there as @darthmorf said: to give you one last look around before you reroll and start anew.

To me, its about how hard/easy it would be to add this. If it's not bad workload wise....then why not, I suppose? That said, the mode that is the default now is likely what 90%+ play, even on PC.

I suspect it'd be straightforward except for the ghost part. That's why I need to drill into what parts of it are valuable to 3DS players.

@ChinesePiplup We'll announce the bugfixes nearer to release. I appreciate it's annoying to not know, but we've just finished up three weeks of pure crash bug work. The nature of that is some days you get nothing, one day you might find something odd that you think might cause issues in certain circumstances... it's slow work with no easy headlines to give you.

I suspect it'd be straightforward except for the ghost part. That's why I need to drill into what parts of it are valuable to 3DS players.

A lot of the appeal to playing on medium core (losing all items on death) is for an extra challenge. If you've already "beaten" the game, made a fabulous base, done a ranger playthrough, etc, we'll sometimes think what's next? Playing on medium core can be that next challenge. Dying, respawning with nothing, and then needing to head into the jungle to get your strong armor and weapons adds an extra element to the game.

And then the appeal for me for the ghost part of hard core (permanent death and being replaced by a ghost that can travel anywhere) is that, for example, I'll die trying to rope up to find a floating island and the ghost part will let me see was there a floating island there or was I roping up to nothing? Look, over there was the dungeon, I was almost there if I could've just held off those zombies for a little longer. Dying early on and then ghosting around and seeing that it was going to be the perfectly formed world that you'd always dreamed off - snow closeby, corruption neatly tucked away, that type of thing. The ghost is the calming part right after an abrupt death, the chance to look around and see what could have been.

To me, both modes add replay value. Yes, you've done all you could in the world, but could you do that on medium core? Could you survive a hard core run?

@ChinesePiplup We'll announce the bugfixes nearer to release. I appreciate it's annoying to not know, but we've just finished up three weeks of pure crash bug work. The nature of that is some days you get nothing, one day you might find something odd that you think might cause issues in certain circumstances... it's slow work with no easy headlines to give you.
Nicely said Deanzor :3

I think the question @Deanzor is asking is: would you want hardcore without the ghost? Sounds like the rest would be easy to add, from his last note.

I think the question @Deanzor is asking is: would you want hardcore without the ghost? Sounds like the rest would be easy to add, from his last note.

I also don't mind if the ghost is not added. I just know that quite a few people like to play hardcore for the extra challenge sometimes. Adds quite a bit of replay value when you challenge yourself further and keep trying to improve your skills. Problem with easy mode is that some people feel as though death doesn't really mean anything. You lose money which can very easily be obtained again in minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom