Resolved [WiiU] Duke Fishron

Drakezombie

Skeletron Prime
Okay. Here's the deal. I've been playing Terraria lately. I beat all bosses except Duke Fishron. I need suggestions that don't include Pumpkin/Frost moon or lots of farming. I do not have a specific class. P.S. I have found an excellent way to farm Truffle Worms. ;):brain:
I will do Pumpkin/Frost moon if absolutely necessary.

Okay. Here's the deal. I've been playing Terraria lately. I beat all bosses except Duke Fishron. I need suggestions that don't include Pumpkin/Frost moon or lots of farming. I do not have a specific class. P.S. I have found an excellent way to farm Truffle Worms. ;):brain:
I will do Pumpkin/Frost moon if absolutely necessary.
I rely on Possessed Hatchet for the Duke since i can then focus on dodging and my weapon will focus on aiming a bit for me. An asphalt bridge over the water with some staircases at the ends for you to automatically go up then fall off of before reversing direction. But most of all, all the buffs. Campfire, heart lantern, honey, potions like regen, ironskin, swiftness, inferno for the bubbles, heartreach, lifeforce, flask of ichor, etc. Good luck.

This is kinda late but inferno fork works wonders on him with magic power potions and spectre armor with both headpieces. I've beaten on my magic only playthrough with just golden shower and inferno fork. If you can get one, wrath potion also works well. After you get fishron wings, the fight is so much easier, I was lucky and got them on first kill so he was much easier in subsequent battles. Hope this helps

This is kinda late but inferno fork works wonders on him with magic power potions and spectre armor with both headpieces. I've beaten on my magic only playthrough with just golden shower and inferno fork. If you can get one, wrath potion also works well. After you get fishron wings, the fight is so much easier, I was lucky and got them on first kill so he was much easier in subsequent battles. Hope this helps
I rely on Possessed Hatchet for the Duke since i can then focus on dodging and my weapon will focus on aiming a bit for me. An asphalt bridge over the water with some staircases at the ends for you to automatically go up then fall off of before reversing direction. But most of all, all the buffs. Campfire, heart lantern, honey, potions like regen, ironskin, swiftness, inferno for the bubbles, heartreach, lifeforce, flask of ichor, etc. Good luck.
Thanks. I guess this means I will need to farm monsters to get pumpkin moon thingy. I will also see how I can get the inferno fork. If all else fails, I could try to get titanium armor.

Thanks. I guess this means I will need to farm monsters to get pumpkin moon thingy. I will also see how I can get the inferno fork. If all else fails, I could try to get titanium armor.
Possessed Hatchet is from Golem. I don’t think you’d need Pumpkin Moon for anything else mentioned either.

So I did really well against Duke Fishron today. I used vampire knives most of the time and got him to second phase low health, but my dumb character jumps off the skybridge, and I die to him + a cthulhunado.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So I did really well against Duke Fishron today. I used vampire knives most of the time and got him to second phase low health, but my dumb character jumps off the skybridge, and I die to him + a cthulhunado.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
So close @ZombieKillerX. Vampire Knives are a great choice against Duke, good idea. You’ve almost got him, a few more tries and I’m sure you’ll be successful. Good luck!

Yeah. I'm extending my bridge so I don't fall off.
If you haven't already done this, I recommend making a gap with platforms in the middle of the bridge, and building a second layer to help avoid cthulhunadoes. May be a dumb suggestion but just in case lol.

A few things to help you:
-Look for inferno potions from pots and shadow chests in the underworld. They make a force field that can destroy the bubbles he hurls at you.
-Get the Tabi from Bone Lees in the dungeon. It lets you change direction very fast, making it much easier to turn around at the end of the sky bridge.
-Once you kill him, he becomes much easier to farm because of how much dps his drops have.
-Build a bunch of campfires and heart lanterns across your skybridge.
-Use Dragon Armor with your vampire knives. This armor set boosts their range considerably.
-Aside from Inferno Potions, some good potions to use are rage/wrath potions, flasks of ichor, regeneration potions, and endurance potions.

Last edited:
I have managed to kill Duke Fishron a while ago. All I had to do was extend my bridge a little. I farmed for Bone Lees but only got the black belt. I also farmed for the other stuff but when it comes to farming, I am really unlucky. Thanks for the ideas though, I'll be sure to look at them if I'm stuck on him again.

Back
Top Bottom