tModLoader Wildlife Mod

Not sure if you know but there is a bug with deer spawning underground, let alone in the mushroom biome
Screenshot (63).png

New patch on browser, 0.9.6
-Fixed animals being stupid in mutliplayer (atleast i think i did)
-Reduced plant spawnrates
-Fixed bug with strawberry item appearing at the wrong place
-Fixed forest critters spawning underground

I may be adding actual content in the near future, so stay tuned

New patch on browser, 0.9.6
-Fixed animals being stupid in mutliplayer (atleast i think i did)
-Reduced plant spawnrates
-Fixed bug with strawberry item appearing at the wrong place
-Fixed forest critters spawning underground

I may be adding actual content in the near future, so stay tuned
Awesome

I haven't checked... did you address the sound plants make when spawning? They were making a melee-hit sound, that made me think my Town NPCs were under attack off-screen. The tree-maturing "poof" sound would be more appropriate.

I've noticed that some sprites, like foxes, have stray pixels that float above them in certain frames of animation (actually, the foxes don't seem to be really moving their legs, either).

I think you should change the dolphin sprite to something cheery, it looks like it's depressed and just doesn't fit with Terraria's theme, especialy in the ocean since there it's cheery and colorful.

I realize it's probably not final, but the cat sprite doesn't look like a cat. Also, maybe 'cause stray cats are super freaked out around humans, it runs away from you when you get close?

Since Gray hasn't, I'll post the latest changelog here:

items now glow properly and are not limited to boxes
numerous resprites by @Godslayer and @Insert
oysters now drop oyster pearls, which is craftable into oyster shots, used as bullets- they split into shards on impact
forest berries now correctly regenerate life and have a less effective speedboost
snakes no longer spawn in sandstorms
oysters properly have gore

Wildlife is still being worked on and the bugs that have made the mod less enjoyable for a long time are being fixed!

New update:

snakes no longer spawn underground, golden snakes no longer spawn in sandstorms, snake spawnrate halfed
all plants are rarer by a lot
medusa berries renamed to forbidden fruit, new sprite and tile size
deer blood more common
gravitation potions now have a new recipe
fairy spawns significantly lowered, use a heavenly crystal (rare drop from reapers) to boost their spawns significantly

Hey, animals are still acting dumb in multiplayer, foxes and turkeys especially. It is pretty funny to watch a fox floating by, though.
That was one of the original reasons why I keep playing this mod. I showed the spinning fox and the wildly rotating snake to a friend, and we just cracked up. Then a deer ran towards us so quickly we thought it was fired out of a cannon.

I know it's a bug, and I genuinely mean this without any sarcasm and with complete and total friendliness, but I hope you realize how happy you've made people when they watch the zany antics of these animals. I haven't laughed that hard since almost any episode of Impractical Jokers.

Six thumbs up.

Back
Top Bottom