tModLoader Wildlife Mod

In compliance with the lore, the deer from wildlife are now Cthulhu's colons (he has a few cuz hes like an alien and yeah)

In all honesty, I really dig this mod, but it's come undone a little. The turtles climb walls, the strawberry and nymph berry bushes grow where they shouldn't, like in water, and a lot of these critters die shortly after spawn because of the dangerous areas they spawn in, that I guess they haven't adapted to. I used to be able to set up a cattail farm under my regular alchemy farm, but now the other bushes just appear everywhere so it's unreliable, and I keep finding questionable spawns like deer in lakes.

Just some feedback.

Could you also post version of the mod with previous sprites (and post it in a mod browser)? They fit style of the game better and I (and other people, I know) like them better because of that. (By previous sprites, I mean sprites in style of sprites from this thread)

It's a stop-gap fix, but maybe set the critters to direction = direction*-1 if they encounter a two-block-high solid structure when moving forward (or any single block if they can't jump/step up). I'm tired of non-vanilla critters (especially foxes) building up at town house doors and then walking in and blocking the door when I'm trying to open door > step through > close door in a hurry. Since creatures always spawn with direction set to toward-player, this will simply reverse the direction they're moving each time, so they don't just accumulate.

I used this for my chinchilla spawns, but they're also quick and bouncy, so more likely to get over small height increases as they move.

Every time I try to generate a world with the mod, it gets stuck at "Spreading Flora Second Batch", and this error first occured after I downloaded the mod. Any fixes, if this is really the mod?

Every time I try to generate a world with the mod, it gets stuck at "Spreading Flora Second Batch", and this error first occured after I downloaded the mod. Any fixes, if this is really the mod?
I am also encountering this error having installed this mod recently. Will need to disable for now.

That said, if stuff spawns post-generation, I could probably just turn it off for world-gen and then just turn it back on.

I am also encountering this error having installed this mod recently. Will need to disable for now.

That said, if stuff spawns post-generation, I could probably just turn it off for world-gen and then just turn it back on.
Yes, I'm doing that too, but it's getting annoying

Cannot generate any new world with calamity/wildlife mod in it. When I remove wildlife it is fine.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Wildlife.Tiles.WGlobalTile.RandomUpdate(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type) in Wildlife\Tiles\AAAplantspawning.cs:line 92
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.RandomUpdate(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type)
at CalamityMod.World.Abyss.GenerateHardenedSandstone() in CalamityMod\World\Abyss.cs:line 331
at CalamityMod.World.Abyss.PlaceSulphurSea() in CalamityMod\World\Abyss.cs:line 75
at CalamityMod.World.CalamityWorld.<>c.<ModifyWorldGenTasks>b__94_15(GenerationProgress progress) in CalamityMod\World\CalamityWorld.cs:line 874
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

[09:26:01] [29/ERROR] [tML]: A problem was encountered during world generation
Sulphur
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Wildlife.Tiles.WGlobalTile.RandomUpdate(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type) in Wildlife\Tiles\AAAplantspawning.cs:line 92
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.RandomUpdate(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type)
at CalamityMod.World.Abyss.GenerateHardenedSandstone() in CalamityMod\World\Abyss.cs:line 333
at CalamityMod.World.Abyss.PlaceSulphurSea() in CalamityMod\World\Abyss.cs:line 74
at CalamityMod.World.CalamityWorld.<>c.<ModifyWorldGenTasks>b__94_15(GenerationProgress progress) in CalamityMod\World\CalamityWorld.cs:line 873
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
[09:26:01] [29/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
[09:26:22] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Process.Start (UseShellExecute = True): "C:\Users\jp\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\client.log"

Hello. It's Graydee, back with another small mod.

The Wildlife Mod

This mod aims to add various PASSIVE animals and plants to make your world feel more alive. It will also add drops from the npcs (and MAYBE 1 or 2 new potions from the plants)
It will not add that much content, but a few things to make the game world feel more alive.

View attachment 179666 View attachment 179667 Frostshine grows in the tundra.
View attachment 179663 View attachment 179662 Bamboo. Grows far away from spawn.
View attachment 179843 Used to create bamboo arrows (and potions)

View attachment 179669 View attachment 179670 Gelon. Spawns in the mushroom biome rarely. Replenishes a cool 60 hp.
View attachment 177586 Flux coral. Grows in underwater sections of the granite biome.
View attachment 179660 View attachment 179661 Cattails spawn next to water, on grass.
View attachment 179664 View attachment 179659 Strawberries spawn randomly on grass. They replenish 30 hp.
View attachment 177603 Jaderose. Grows in deserts.
View attachment 177588 View attachment 177587 Medustalk. Grows in marble biomes. Drops berries, that heal 120 life, but have a chance to petrify you.
View attachment 179855 Magma corn. Grows next to lava on stone.
View attachment 177470 View attachment 179650 The deer will spawn in forests, during the day. It is very timid, and will run away if you get too close.
It can drop deer blood, which gives you a temporary attack bonus!
View attachment 177471 The turtle spawns in the jungle. It will walk around randomly, and swim in water.
View attachment 177472 Monkeys also spawn in the jungle. They will walk around, but also climb and swing through trees.
View attachment 177475 Dolphins spawn in the ocean. They will swim left and right, but occasionally jump up for air.

View attachment 179655 Foxes spawn in the forest, and walk left and right.
View attachment 179652 Snakes appear in the desert, and slither around randomly
View attachment 179672 View attachment 179673 View attachment 179675 Fairies spawn in the hallow at night. You can put them in bottles, and use them. Each different color gives a different effect
View attachment 179656 Dragonflies spawn in the jungle at night. They shine brightly.
View attachment 179653 View attachment 179651Golden variants of some of the creatures. More to come in the future!
View attachment 179844 Bounce potion. Crafted with Gelon slice and bamboo. Makes you immune to fall damage.
View attachment 179845 Fluxshine Potion. Crafted with a shine potion and flux coral. Makes you shine bright blue, more effective than a shine potion.
View attachment 179846 Glitchhop potion. Crafted with Flux coral, pink fairy, and Frost Shine. Makes you teleport to an area nearby
View attachment 179847 Molten Potion. Crafted with magma corn and fireblossom. Makes attacks inflict on fire.
View attachment 179848 Prismatic Potion. Crafted with Frostshine and Crystal Shard. Gives an extra 40 mana.
View attachment 179849 Spark Potion. Crafted with Flux coral, specular fish, and chaos fish. Gives more damage the faster you are moving.
View attachment 179850 Tortoise Potion. Crafted with a turtle and a cattail. Gives more defense as you lose health.
View attachment 177476 Camels will spawn in deserts. They will walk randomly, but run away during sandstorms.
View attachment 177477 Jadefish will spawn in underground cavern lakes, and swim left and right.
View attachment 177564 Owls spawn at night. They fly around, and fly away at daylight.
View attachment 177474 Black cats spawn very rarely at night. They will attack other critters (such as bunnies), but be mostly still besides that.
Terrariums for all critters

View attachment 177589 Ceiling Fungus. Grows on the roofs of caves, and provides an easier method of crafting gravitational potions (although they are rare)
Potions

Discord:
https://discord.gg/SCYxQGP

Developers:
Graydee
VoxelFox

Download:
Version 0.9.3!
Special Thanks:
Some Schmo for the deer animation and snake
@Bla2e , for animating the dolphin and monkey!
@gratgaisdead , for some banner sprites
@Zerokk , for help with plant code

Thanks for checking this out. Leave any feedback down below!

how can I get more views on my videos?
am I doing anything wrong?

This is the best mid ,PERIOD
(3:47)
I still have some of the fondest memories of this mod from this video. I am being zero percent sarcastic when I say that it's moments like that, bug or not, that have given me more joy than I can say, and skyrockets the value of a mod to absurd heights. I am so incredibly saddened by the silly belief that that sort of bug should be squashed rather than elevated on a pedestal. I just had to explain to a customer why I was wiping way tears of laughter when greeting him in the front room after watching that video for the umpteenth time.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this sentiment.

this does make the game look cool and more vibrant but it bugs me how useless most of the creatures are, you cant even put them in terrariums when you catch them with a net

Back
Top Bottom