Console Will 1.3 really come out in Q3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakubread

Terrarian
So as we all know, the 1.3 update for consoles was delayed to Q3 for bug fixing. That's fine, if anything I'm glad it happened because I don't want the update to come out a glitchy mess. However, we're nearing the end of Q3 and we still don't have any word of a release date, so it's starting to feel eerily similar to the end of Q2 (when it was originally supposed to release). I'm kind of scared that the update might get delayed to Q4. October I can cope with, but if I have to wait until December for an update I expected to come out in June originally I might just die inside. Does it really take 4+ months just for bug fixing? I'm not trying to complain or anything, I genuinely just don't know how long this sort of thing takes with huge updates like 1.3.

So, does anyone else think this might be likely?

So as we all know, the 1.3 update for consoles was delayed to Q3 for bug fixing. That's fine, if anything I'm glad it happened because I don't want the update to come out a glitchy mess. However, we're nearing the end of Q3 and we still don't have any word of a release date, so it's starting to feel eerily similar to the end of Q2 (when it was originally supposed to release). I'm kind of scared that the update might get delayed to Q4. October I can cope with, but if I have to wait until December for an update I expected to come out in June originally I might just die inside. Does it really take 4+ months just for bug fixing? I'm not trying to complain or anything, I genuinely just don't know how long this sort of thing takes with huge updates like 1.3.

Game development is hard to predict. Sometimes the fix for one bug causes other ones and with how big 1.3 is it can take a lot of testing to make sure it works. Especially importing old save files since the entire engine was rebuilt for this update. Kazzy is right though, best to assume things are on track for Q3 until told otherwise. :)

Waiting until the last minute to announce a fairly big delay is just bad form. It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they hadn't waited until the last minute to announce the delay. Hopefully if there are any similar situations in the future, they come clean early on instead of getting everyone's hopes up.

Waiting until the last minute to announce a fairly big delay is just bad form. It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they hadn't waited until the last minute to announce the delay. Hopefully if there are any similar situations in the future, they come clean early on instead of getting everyone's hopes up.
Um, what?

It's not the last minute yet, there's still another month. And unless I'm mistaken the last delay was announced halfway through Q2 as well.

Now if they wait until the last week of September to announce another delay then yeah it definitely won't look good.

Think of this similar to the recent no mans sky atlas rising update. Although running the same engine, they overhauled a huge portion of the game and released the content update... Without the proper testing every aspect it did cause errors some glaring and some hidden which the devs didn't catch.

Moving to Terraria, I'm sure they are well into the q n a phase as from the videos it seems its got everything in and they are bug squashing atm... Keep in mind the size of the team and their proposed timeframe. I'm betting it'll be mid September as a hunch from my experience debugging and how a new engine loves to make things seem to work but don't...

I'm looking forward to this update as well and hope most importantly they solved the local and online coop crash issue from engine.

Certification can take over a week to pass. Should they pre-emptively announce a delay if they submit for certification in the last half of Sept? Or would it make more sense to see the results first?

Re-Logic operates by first verifying information before publishing it. Maybe that means fewer updates on scheduling but at least their updates are as accurate as possible. :)

I'm pretty sure there is now a post announcing a delay into Q4. Not sure if you have seen that yet. It should be on the front page somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom