Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

Tichnarr

Terrarian
<Forum staff edit>
As of January 2024 Mods or Texture Packs are currently not supported on console or mobile platforms. While it is something we would think would be great to see in Terraria on console or mobile, it’s currently not a feature we plan to introduce.
From 505 Games (the publisher of Terraria on console and mobile):

<original message>
Just a question, all you who develop/update Terarria. I'd love to see this (or at least a 'creative mode' of sorts) in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question, all you who develop/update Terarria. I'd love to see this (or at least a 'creative mode' of sorts) in the future!
It's doubtful @Tichnarr. Modding and texture packs for console and mobile is not something that is currently supported.

You can read more about 505 Games' viewpoint regarding editing the core files and modifying the core game content here: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

Given that policy I don't see modding coming to console any time soon.

Just what 505 Games said, they don't allow console mods, I don't think mod support will ever come to consoles as it will allow players to cheese achievements/trophies.

If not mod support, perhaps a mode where you can bring up a menu for all the items in the game? But disable trophies for any world items from the menu/crafted using items from the menu/etc.

Maybe that if not modding?

Just what 505 Games said, they don't allow console mods, I don't think mod support will ever come to consoles as it will allow players to cheese achievements/trophies.

Well, it could be done in a manner that doesn't allow trophies to be earned whilst playing.

Skyrim does this if I recall.

Anyway, not likely to happen as mentioned above.

Well, it could be done in a manner that doesn't allow trophies to be earned whilst playing.

Skyrim does this if I recall.

Anyway, not likely to happen as mentioned above.
any current gen Bethesda game does that when it it only single player (ect. Fallout 4)

Not to be somewhat of a donkey’s rear or anything, really, but it didn’t occur to you to at least do research on this topic:indifferent:? It iust would’ve been beneficial to you (and your wallet) had you researched “console terraria texture packs”. Now I could be wrong and maybe PC does have some sort of visual design changes via mods or whatever the case may be, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen custom made blocks/UI or Whatever... This isn’t Minecraft-_-. (Now don’t quote me on that. As I said, I could be wrong):indifferent:

Not to be somewhat of a donkey’s rear or anything, really, but it didn’t occur to you to at least do research on this topic:indifferent:? It iust would’ve been beneficial to you (and your wallet) had you researched “console terraria texture packs”. Now I could be wrong and maybe PC does have some sort of visual design changes via mods or whatever the case may be, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen custom made blocks/UI or Whatever... This isn’t Minecraft-_-. (Now don’t quote me on that. As I said, I could be wrong):indifferent:
no, wait you might need a bit of research yourself. terraria PC has a experimental feature were you can have texture pack

no, wait you might need a bit of research yourself. terraria PC has a experimental feature were you can have texture pack
Right, as I said I could be “Wrong”. If I was dead on with that statement I wouldn’t have said that making me look like a know it all, but in this case I’m not. I was just securing my own knowledge of PC Terraria by saying “Don’t quote me on that, I could be wrong”.
Key things to look at next time:
“I Think”
“It May/May not”
“I’m probably wrong”
“I COULD be wrong”
“Don’t take my word for it”
“I'm not sure” and Blah blah blah.

Least I accepted the fact I could be wrong, which unfortunately some people can’t do.

Plus I even put thought of PC having such features, so...

does anyone know when mod support for consoles will ever come out also if that doesn't come out when does downloadable worlds come out

does anyone know when mod support for consoles will ever come out also if that doesn't come out when does downloadable worlds come out
Not sure @aamir kashmiri. There aren't many games that have mods available on console and it's not easy. Not even PC Terraria has official mod support so it could be awhile for console mod support if it ever comes.

How about for consoles instead of mod support add DLC's for Thorium and/or Calamity. It wouldnt take years to develop considering all textures and coding are already created.

Back
Top Bottom