Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

Yeah mods are really hard to get on consoles because the console manufacturers are really picky about what content they let on their platform, so tmod for consoles wont happen.

I am on ps4 terraria and I was wondering when 1.4 comes out, how will tmodloader work? will there even be a tmodloader? Because I want to fight all the calamity mod bosses.
Also, just saying but btw I would like Terraria on console to be exactly the same, I mean like update wise I don't see how it is fare to just have one platform that lets you do everything and all the others are like not as much. But yeah hopefully some of you read it if you could get back to me that would be GREAT :)
kind regards
-PetieBoi
They said something about crossplay after every platform was equal to PC version but I think once every version is v1.4.2.3 they'll work on crossplay then possibly tmodloader support but it's probably a not gonna happen thing
and I play terraria on both mobile and ps4 but recently I've been playing from ps4

Hi fellow Terrarians!
I don’t understand the logic behind not including a mod loader on terraria console. It’s not like Microsoft is against mods, just look at the Betsheda games. Fallout and elder scrolls have mod support. Even on console.
I also run mods on Minecraft on my Xbox series x.
So the argument that Microsoft don’t allow it is without merit.
Please fix your mod support for console so we can join in on the fun as well.

Hi fellow Terrarians!
I don’t understand the logic behind not including a mod loader on terraria console. It’s not like Microsoft is against mods, just look at the Betsheda games. Fallout and elder scrolls have mod support. Even on console.
I also run mods on Minecraft on my Xbox series x.
So the argument that Microsoft don’t allow it is without merit.
Please fix your mod support for console so we can join in on the fun as well.
Hi @Sun God Ra I moved your post into this already existing thread since it has a very similar topic (mods on console).

In the Terraria State of the Game - August 2021 Loki from Re-Logic mentioned this...
”Also, tModLoader isn't even developed by us. It is still under development for 1.4 PC as well.

I cannot and will not make any promises that the TML Team would even want to try to make all of that work beyond PC - and beyond that, you would have to get every single mod you wanted on consoles approved. Consoles and Mobile are not the wild west in regards to modding like PC is.

All of this being more reasons why I say - it is very unlikely you will ever see full modding outside of PC, but I never say never.”

NO, do you realize how much the game would be bloated if you had ALL of that installed? Just NO. I don't think you comprehend how much content and lack of complete disregard for balance that combination has.
Yeah, thats understandable, Ive played with those mods before, Calamity especially is really OP in terms of vanilla progression even though it's a tough old mod to beat, plus my worries would be the strain it would put on the consoles themselves as well. As nice and the prospect would be of being able to play modded Terraria on console, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Last edited:
I feel like if they did something similar to how Farming Sim 2019 does there mod content it could be done they would just have to implement a system to do it

Hello!!!

How to get tModLoader on PS4
And maps
Hi there @Aivaras337 I moved your question into this already existing thread for a very similar topic.

The latest official answer for console is this….

Will we get Mods?
-Modding is not currently possible on Console. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

Will we get Texture Packs?
-Like Mods on console, Texture Packs are not currently possible on Console. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

You can see more frequently asked questions regarding console here (known issues are on top, FAQ near bottom): Journey's End on XBox and PlayStation - Known Issues and FAQ

Hi there @Aivaras337 I moved your question into this already existing thread for a very similar topic.

The latest official answer for console is this….

Will we get Mods?
-Modding is not currently possible on Console. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

Will we get Texture Packs?
-Like Mods on console, Texture Packs are not currently possible on Console. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

You can see more frequently asked questions regarding console here (known issues are on top, FAQ near bottom): Journey's End on XBox and PlayStation - Known Issues and FAQ
amm well thanks for the reply

There are a lot of 3rd party mod apps and even one for Minecraft that allows the installation of 3rd party mods off the web so how can TMD not be allowed?

Simply put, bethesda and Microsoft/Mojang or whatever are the only two companies (I know of) that have successfully been able to get mods on console because they they're massive companies, And re-logic, unfortunately or fortunately, just isn't big enough to.

Also, I'm not sure if you're actually allowed to mod bedrock, or if it's just creating maps and stuff

There are a lot of 3rd party mod apps and even one for Minecraft that allows the installation of 3rd party mods off the web so how can TMD not be allowed?
Hi there @cainmi I moved your post (and any replies) into this already existing thread since it has a very similar topic (mods on console).

Back
Top Bottom