Mobile Will Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

hello i just got into mobile terraria and was missing mods from pc and i was wondering if the TL pro app was the same or similar to Tmodloader. would appreciate some clarification
no, tl pro barely supports code modifications, but can't add anything like TmodLoader

Hi there @ItsRealCrazy, I realize that you were just trying to help, however, giving methods of how to modify the game for the mobile version is not permitted on these forums. I needed to edit your post to remove that info.

Modding and texture packs for mobile is not something that is currently supported. You are free to discuss whether you'd like it or not, but discussing ways to do it is not permitted on these forums, as we comply with 505 Games' policy.

The policy of 505 Games can be read in more detail here: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking
May I ask where it is permitted to post this? I am curious as to what information this individual was giving us, and if it would actually help...
If you know what the post originally said before being edited by the staff please let me know for it will be greatly appreciated, or if you have a copy of the original post/know who the poster is then it would be appreciated to a great extent, it would be even better if you or the poster is willing to share the original post or what the removed parts of the post said before being removed.

May I ask where it is permitted to post this? I am curious as to what information this individual was giving us, and if it would actually help...
If you know what the post originally said before being edited by the staff please let me know for it will be greatly appreciated, or if you have a copy of the original post/know who the poster is then it would be appreciated to a great extent, it would be even better if you or the poster is willing to share the original post or what the removed parts of the post said before being removed.
The information given is not something that we allow on these forums, so I’m unable to share the info. :)

You can probably do a google search and find info. The info may be out there, but it’s not something that’s going to be shared here.

You guys think we will ever get mods / texture packs for mobile? Minecraft Pocket edition did that too, so i dont see a problem there. Any of you know something? Thanks :D

Considering how modded terraria is handled (you know, with a separate application), most likely not gonna happen
Also, the amount of keybindings mods can require

Hi everyone, I’ve gone ahead and combined all the threads that are asking about mods or texture packs on mobile into this one thread to keep the section more organized, I have stickied it so it’s easy to see, and I’ve edited the first post to include the official answer that we have right now...

As of Jan 2022 Texture Packs & Modding are not currently possible on Mobile. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

The reason that tmodloader isn't a thing for mobile is most likely because they'd have to make tmodloader compatible with mobile controls, not to mention optimization so the game doesn't crash. There are multiple stages games have to go through to get into mobile.

Well all this is rather disappointing to someone like me just trying to find a way to be able to enjoy this game but can’t. I came here today to see if the mobile version had any texture packs to change one single mob: spiders. Thats it. Nothing else in the game bothers me enough to cause me to avoid playing the game for years - like it already has because of the spiders. I really liked Terraria but haven’t been able to play in over 3-4 years because of the impact it had on me when I unknowingly fell into a nest before I even knew spiders were a part of the game. I’ll never forget that experience as long as I live, and truthfully it worsened my fear, not helped it. I never touched the game again until last week when I needed something fun to occupy me on my phone, and I like playing so long as I don’t go very deep. But as you all know that makes for a serious handicap in play and a boring experience. I don’t mind being scared and surprised in caves, or facing fierce bosses, so long as they aren’t realistic looking spiders.

It’s a lot different than the silly/cute spiders in Minecraft, which were easy to overcome due to their lack of realism and Minecraft’s commitment to keeping the game fun for all. It is impossible to overcome one’s fear in Terraria given the way the developers designed them.

I agree with many here about “mods”, and how most really do unfairly impact the balance of the game and the progression, but I deeply disagree with 505Games stance on “texture packs,” which are harmless and only affect the user side, not even other players. It’s sort of like giving someone who is handicapped a fair way to participate equally alongside their peers. What is so wrong with letting your players modify a sprite/a texture to avoid a deep fear that they have so that they can actually enjoy and experience the whole game? It is not the developer’s job to help me overcome such a serious phobia. I come to gaming to unwind and enjoy myself. And yes, being challenged is fun when it pertains to skill, but not when it pertains to a very real and serious fear millions of us have.

We were told we could discuss whether or not we would like mods and textures for mobile, but just couldn’t give details for how to do it. I also agree with this policy. And so I’m posting to say loud and clear that there are other, more innocent reasons to want to be able to load different textures to the game, and it isn’t all for reasons that need to be so stringently blocked. I read that someone created a texture pack for the PC version just for the spider sprites only, to help other gamers with serious fears. And I read the many deep, heart-felt thank yous received and saw how many players are finally enjoying this game equally alongside their family or friends. So a simple harmless texture change made a world of difference for thousands of players, if not more. Did 505Games ever consider that?? I can’t play very far into the game every time I try to, but I sure would like to. But I will never have that freedom to enjoy this game so long as that kind of need is lumped in with the “big bad mod”. I also can only play on mobile (phone or iPad).

505Games needs to separate “mods” from “texture packs” and start realizing that texture packs aren’t abusive, they are only visual changes for the player themselves and no one else. And they should have a separate policy for that.

Well all this is rather disappointing to someone like me just trying to find a way to be able to enjoy this game but can’t. I came here today to see if the mobile version had any texture packs to change one single mob: spiders. Thats it. Nothing else in the game bothers me enough to cause me to avoid playing the game for years - like it already has because of the spiders. I really liked Terraria but haven’t been able to play in over 3-4 years because of the impact it had on me when I unknowingly fell into a nest before I even knew spiders were a part of the game. I’ll never forget that experience as long as I live, and truthfully it worsened my fear, not helped it. I never touched the game again until last week when I needed something fun to occupy me on my phone, and I like playing so long as I don’t go very deep. But as you all know that makes for a serious handicap in play and a boring experience. I don’t mind being scared and surprised in caves, or facing fierce bosses, so long as they aren’t realistic looking spiders.

It’s a lot different than the silly/cute spiders in Minecraft, which were easy to overcome due to their lack of realism and Minecraft’s commitment to keeping the game fun for all. It is impossible to overcome one’s fear in Terraria given the way the developers designed them.

I agree with many here about “mods”, and how most really do unfairly impact the balance of the game and the progression, but I deeply disagree with 505Games stance on “texture packs,” which are harmless and only affect the user side, not even other players. It’s sort of like giving someone who is handicapped a fair way to participate equally alongside their peers. What is so wrong with letting your players modify a sprite/a texture to avoid a deep fear that they have so that they can actually enjoy and experience the whole game? It is not the developer’s job to help me overcome such a serious phobia. I come to gaming to unwind and enjoy myself. And yes, being challenged is fun when it pertains to skill, but not when it pertains to a very real and serious fear millions of us have.

We were told we could discuss whether or not we would like mods and textures for mobile, but just couldn’t give details for how to do it. I also agree with this policy. And so I’m posting to say loud and clear that there are other, more innocent reasons to want to be able to load different textures to the game, and it isn’t all for reasons that need to be so stringently blocked. I read that someone created a texture pack for the PC version just for the spider sprites only, to help other gamers with serious fears. And I read the many deep, heart-felt thank yous received and saw how many players are finally enjoying this game equally alongside their family or friends. So a simple harmless texture change made a world of difference for thousands of players, if not more. Did 505Games ever consider that?? I can’t play very far into the game every time I try to, but I sure would like to. But I will never have that freedom to enjoy this game so long as that kind of need is lumped in with the “big bad mod”. I also can only play on mobile (phone or iPad).

505Games needs to separate “mods” from “texture packs” and start realizing that texture packs aren’t abusive, they are only visual changes for the player themselves and no one else. And they should have a separate policy for that.
This makes me wonder how 1.4.2 will go down on other platforms, actually. Considering that the PC version of that update was themed around upgrading resource pack support in general and didn't really have many other features to speak of.

<Forum staff edit>
As of August 2022 Texture Packs & Modding are not currently possible on Mobile. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

<original message>
Recently, I only see terraria pc has texture pack and mod. Why mobile doesnt have mod like adding new bosses and item. It will be more awesome because minecraft also used mod to make the game not borring. I hope there will allow people to make texture pack and mod one day :)
I was able to obtain some text from a world file…
10BD87F0-B462-440C-AB1D-A94C046B5D7A.jpeg

Maybe there’s a way to mod terraria mobile…

Back
Top Bottom