PC Will mods still be compatible with the new update ?

MorgulUruk

Official Terrarian
I know absolutely zero about coding and programming, but it's pretty obvious that with the new update, most mods will be broken
Starting from the Thrower sub-class being removed from the game, and new implemented stuff like animations etc being rewrote from scraps
What I fear is that most mods will become obsolete or not worked anymore on because of this new incoming Terraria update
Someone with more knowledge is willing to explain this in detail or better ?
Thanks

Not too knowledgeable on modding myself, but there's a big chance that 1.3.6 will break many TML mods, and maybe even TML itself due to internal changes (don't quote me on that).

My prediction is that the majority of the modding community will continue to stay on older versions until TML support for 1.3.6 is available.

After 1.3.4's tmodloader hiatus... Definitely not, it took a few months for all the mods to update last time, so I guess the answer is they will break.
You can create multiple copies of terraria's exe, so don't be too sad about it...

That's more reason why I think that the TmodLoader should be intergrated into Terraria by the devs themselves. I know it may take longer to release the 1.4 update, but it'll be a massive hassle to wait for who knows how long before many mods are compatible.

Back
Top Bottom