Will Terraria Player Suggestions Die After 1.4?

Will Player Suggestions Die?

• Yep.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As the title says, I pose a series of questions for you all...

Do you think the Player Suggestions section
of the forum will die out once 1.4 releases?

Will people's content be forced to change into
much less fantastical ideas?

What is the point of suggesting further?

Surely a single suggestion can't merit an update can it? And won't multiple updates result in it being called "major"?

Has Player Suggestions already died?

I don't think so because even if 1.4 is the "final update" I don't think it will be. It's at least going to get some minor bug fixes. But even if it's the final update the suggestions is still a way to share you ideas with the community.

I think it can still be used for the mod community, and it can also allow still people to show off their ideas even if they never get added.

Nothing wrong with keeping it around.

It's fun to theorycraft with other players about potential new mechanics, and has been mentioned, mod developers can use these threads for inspiration.

When posting in that subforum you're basically posting with the hopes of sharing your thoughts and ideas, but with the understanding that no matter how much work goes into your thread, it is likely to not see the light of day in the base game.

When posting in that subforum you're basically posting with the hopes of sharing your thoughts and ideas, but with the understanding that no matter how much work goes into your thread, it is likely to not see the light of day in the base game.
Someone modded one of my suggestion into their mod :dryadtongue: (The Qualiaty Mod, my Rod of Discord crafting recipe) but even though most ideas won't, it's still fun to share them.

I know a lot of people enjoy creating ideas for games, even if they have no chance of becoming real. Take a look at communities such as Plants vs. Zombies for example. Or perhaps designing your own Pokemon cards for fun.

There's no doubt the frequency and relevance of suggestions would fall after 1.4 comes out, but I do believe the forum would be able to act as a breeding ground for potential mods.

They said that 1.3 would be the last major update too, so I wouldn't be sure.

Though maybe the reasons for 1.4 relate to 1.3.6 growing so big, and the plans for Otherworld falling through.

They said that 1.3 would be the last major update too, so I wouldn't be sure.

Though maybe the reasons for 1.4 relate to 1.3.6 growing so big, and the plans for Otherworld falling through.
? When did they say that? :O

Also now that we have a lot of votes in it looks like mostly the Mod Community is going to use it... so again I ask what is the point of Terraria Suggestions? It feels rather mod-centric based on your votes.

I think there will still be many suggestions and things to come. After all, they said they weren't going to abandon Terraria after 1.4, so we are still left guessing about minor/major content being added in small patches.

This is a pretty valid question, honestly we don't truly know at this time. However, I'm sure that suggestions for bug fixes will be appreciated by the devs after the update.

Back
Top Bottom