Mobile Will there be added support for keyboard and mouse controls in the future?

killakazinga

Terrarian
Hello, first time posting here!

I know it defeats the purpose of playing the mobile version of Terraria on a laptop but, as my fellow Chromebook users out there know, we either have to install a whole buncha stuff to get the PC version on Steam - which in my case hasn't worked - or we can simply buy the Play Store equivalent. Astoundingly all the computers in my house run on ChromeOS, so the best option to play Terraria for us is the latter.

I've been playing Terraria mobile on my Chromebook for a while now. Although I can use a keyboard and USB mouse to play, it'd be nice to have a designated option to customise key bindings (like the controller settings) to open our inventory, or to favourite items with one click. Maybe having a designated cursor show up like on PC - instead of manually dragging the + on the screen as shown below (had to edit in the cursor since I can't screenshot with it on the screen). Does anyone know if features like these will be added in the future, or maybe they exist and I haven't found it yet?
Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 08.33.45 (1).png

Hello, first time posting here!

I know it defeats the purpose of playing the mobile version of Terraria on a laptop but, as my fellow Chromebook users out there know, we either have to install a whole buncha stuff to get the PC version on Steam - which in my case hasn't worked - or we can simply buy the Play Store equivalent. Astoundingly all the computers in my house run on ChromeOS, so the best option to play Terraria for us is the latter.

I've been playing Terraria mobile on my Chromebook for a while now. Although I can use a keyboard and USB mouse to play, it'd be nice to have a designated option to customise key bindings (like the controller settings) to open our inventory, or to favourite items with one click. Maybe having a designated cursor show up like on PC - instead of manually dragging the + on the screen as shown below (had to edit in the cursor since I can't screenshot with it on the screen). Does anyone know if features like these will be added in the future, or maybe they exist and I haven't found it yet?View attachment 272922
Not sure if it’s in the plans or not @killakazinga. I’m glad to hear that you’re actually able to play the mobile version on a chromebook. What chromebook do you have, and are you able to play multiplayer on it?

Not sure if it’s in the plans or not @killakazinga. I’m glad to hear that you’re actually able to play the mobile version on a chromebook. What chromebook do you have, and are you able to play multiplayer on it?

Hey @Unit One, online multiplayer works but since it is a Chromebook (Acer Chromebook R13) it is prone to crashing: they tend to be low-performance machines - I tried playing on the terraria.one server and boy was it laggy.

I have tried to follow the forum instructions relating to the set up a mobile server so I could play with friends, but I haven't yet done so since I still need to set up a static IP address. In terms of local hosting, I did try to play Terraria on my phone and host a world with it but when trying to connect with my Chromebook to my phone's world it didn't work for some reason, I'm sure I was connected to the same wi-fi at the time. I don't think it's a matter of concern though: both my Chromebook and phone are old, so it probably had something to do with hardware capabilities.

Please do pass my question on to someone who could consider implementing the keyboard and mouse support, if you can. They would be great features to add for the unfortunate few who are stuck with, in my opinion, the worst OS I've had the displeasure of experiencing. Hopefully, it'll give the minority of us something exciting to look forward to when Journey's End finally comes out.

Back
Top Bottom